VPA Wishlist

NeoMagic

Bluelighter
As 2003 approaches, we will be increasing vpa's quality content. There will be tons more art related discussion topics, news, tips & tricks, artwork, and so forth. So please let us know what you want to see more of and we'll add it to the wishlist.
[ 09 December 2002: Message edited by: NeoMagic ]

i want a pony ;)
but seriously, why a tiny equestrian would be nice, i wouldn't mind seeing some "serious" critcism of work. not limited to what we create, but also art "out there," whether designs by the 1337 ad agencies of new york, or some postmodern pieces.
i'd like to see what the serious critics - the deconstructionists, the marxists, the semioticians, etc - have to say about the beautiful and paradign shifting iconclastic paintings and designs of the serious art world.
i know some of us have taken art history classes, modern art seminars, and read the hip art journals. art is about mind and logos as well as feeling and aesthetic inclination, and i'd like to see some serious discourse on the two modes of thought towards all manners of art.
i know that this type of discussion has been well represented in the idiom of film; we've got lots of movie snobs ;) . but where are our art snobs?
i'll try to get the discourse started soon. :D

but i guess thats sort of what you meant :\
academia...i'd like to get some academia in here, y0!

Less cable and silver screen discussion and more diverse topics: Painting, Sculpture, Dance, Performance Art...
Visual and Performing arts covers soo much outside of the digital and cable broadcast domains.
Wouldn't it be nice to venture into human expression that isn't a part or a reflection of the greater consumer culture?

^^
Believe me. Such things are at the top of my list as well. I would LOVE this forum to grow into a community that reflects the total diversity of Bluelight.
Just wait until we switch from UBB to VB. The change will bring about a whole slew of new options that we can use to make VPA one helluva great forum.
Adios,
Steve

Ok, here we go,
What about the head of the Turner Art Prize saying most of the applicants was just 'conceptual bullshit'.
Cant say I really got into the winning entry this year, and I can say I got into some of the previous conceptuial bullshit, yknow the one where you walked into a room and a light switches on, I thought that was real funny.
granted some conceptual art is pretty lame, but some can be an absolute blast.
thoughts?

Oops, maybe this wasnt the right place to post the above reply, but im with justsome guy, id love to see more dialogue on art theory and realated issues.
wouldnt mind a bit arch/design discussion as well, thats my forte.

yes...architecture.....i like the prarie school, ie, frank lloyd wright....someone should start some threads!!
:D :D :D

arch/design links? give me time i'll get some sorted.
FLW, yeah some impressive stuff. Im kinda rushed now, have to do jobs ive put off for days, but like I say give me time and I'll put something together.

if you want something done, do it yourself
so if you want a serious discussion started, why not start it?
:)

Originally posted by justsomeguy:
i want a pony ;)
i wouldn't mind seeing some "serious" critcism of work. not limited to what we create, but also art "out there," whether designs by the 1337 ad agencies of new york, or some postmodern pieces.
i know that this type of discussion has been well represented in the idiom of film; we've got lots of movie snobs ;) . but where are our art snobs?

true that...and yes i know i dont contribute any art YET, but im always up for a little deconstruction. :)

deconstruction = justsomeguy frontin' his intellect with a learned practice
I would like to see some honest and forthright critiqing too, but I've decided that some of you all are honestly not up for it.
I've seen a few "I concede that it is not good, but that was my intention" kind of replies to constructive criticism so far.
I think that some of our egos are a bit too fragile

Adbusters, Adbusters, Adbusters!!! Oh, and I think it'd be keen to start having spiffy little PS contests in Portfolio and whatnot.

maybe a discussion topic of the month...
however it can be hammered out to fit
perhaps a piece choosen by each mod (not their own) to subject to critique...
or have a general art topic such as a movement, era, or medium where readers can post images, their thoughts on the overall package, likes and dislikes, and so on
that way everyone can learn a little bit about the history, art terms, theory (for example bauhaus or deconstruction)

something tells me that we're at risk of having more discussion generated about what we should discuss, instead of the discussion about something else entirely. like this thread, for example.
:p