• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

⫸STICKY⫷ [*OLD*] EADD Thread Index v. Where's the xxxx thread?

Are those different from the standard prefixes, or is that what you mean? The only one we have is recruitment. I do sort of think that prefixes might not be so much use in a more social based forum... would just look a bit cluttered. Certainly a good suggestion though for whomever comes along to update / overhaul this down the road.

No such thing as a standard prefix; the admins can make whatever ones are required.

I wouldn't agree that prefixes make a forum look cluttered - witness their popular use in Other Drugs. For some reason BL seems to have removed all the headers that used to contain useful search filters for them. I dunno why they did that.

Anyway, if you ever feel the need to utilise them in some way, that's great and it was worth pointing this feature out again.

I just kinda feel that going to so much work keeping these lists up to date is enabling the laziness of users and their reluctance to use the search function. I personally wouldn't spend my time doing that, except maybe for the HR/drug discussion stuff. Just my tuppence worth, take it or leave it. :)

Hey, great work. Must have taken a lot of time to compile all that. I feel a little guilty for my outburst the other day now.

<3 this, great work guys.

An alternative to the prefix tags popular in OD, that doesn't clutter up the thread titles, would be the way that they do it in TR, with the tag embedded in the first post, and the directory containing links to searches for the tag.

Do we have a productivity/shit we've gotten done and would like to get done thread?

*titters*

Of course not - this is EADD ;)

That's not to say we couldn't perhaps do with one...

(hint)

I think it may have been my suggestion to leave Knock as the OP for the Index. It was his baby, after all, so seemed kinda fitting to me. It certainly wasn't intended to cause any upset - a small nod and tribute to the person who put all the initial work in is all. The updated version was almost entirely Chat's work but all based on Knock's foundation. Just seemed a nice idea - sorry if it caught you badly <3

Have we got a thread for interesting links, or would that get boring?

This would be that thread. Feel free to suggest threads to be added in here and they may well be included as this is an ongoing project :)

Do you mean non-BL links by any chance? Like websites of interesting/amusing things? Could be a new thread if you wanted to make it... as long as the links aren't to anything particularly offensive or sourcey.

I was sure we had a thread like that, but can't find it anywhere. Maybe im confusing my forums. A random links thread would be good imo.

This would be that thread. Feel free to suggest threads to be added in here and they may well be included as this is an ongoing project :)

I would humbly suggest that if the thread in question has some legs and is shown to be of popular interest elsewhere in EADD, then it could be nominated and promoted to the official threads of interest thread. Not before then. :)

I suspect a confusion of intent was involved ;)

(i blame the shitey drugs :()

Just a missing step in the process, enunciated for the young 'un's benefit. ;)

Oddly enough, I intended to refer to you as 'auld boy' in this reply before I saw it. I'm definitely bordering on actual age limits. God help me :|

Eventually we get to the stage where an age difference of 5 years or so (as I think we have) is practically negligible, especially to the kids. So call me that if you like, but just know I'll be rolling my eyes at your denial of your own approach to middle age. %) ;)

Glad you checked here at least... no there isn't. The threads on specific drugs, or groups of, are in A-Z in the 'drugs focus' part but that's not to say there aren't threads in existence which should be there but aren't. However, I found none of any merit in the past, so was happy to see you made your own thread.

If anyone comes across a drugs thread which has sufficient replies to be considered for the index, please let us know - I'm sure there are many in the dusty recesses of EADD! :)