• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Dark And Fucked Up Movies

pr0ficient

Bluelighter
I'm not sure how well this topic will do, but it's worth a shot. Me and my friends were talking about the most fucked up/darkest movies that we have seen and will never forget. I came up with "Requiem For A Dream" and "Donnie Darko".
In your opinion, what is a 'good' movie that you have seen that is extremely dark and/or fucked up that you will never forget?
[ 14 August 2002: Message edited by: pr0ficient ]

Definetly... CRASH. I just can't see a popular cast like that getting off on car wrecks and sex!
...a dark awesome spoof was Novacaine with Steve Martin/Laura Dern
[ 14 August 2002: Message edited by: protectedwfire ]

. "Bad Lieutenant" (1992) from director Abel Ferrara & starring Harvey Kietel. Perhaps the darkest & bleakest movie ever made. Kietel's character makes Travis Bickle look like Phil Donahue.
. "The Piano Teacher" (2002) a sick Austrian frilm starring Isabella Hupert that features S&M, humiliation & vaginal self mutilation.
. "Meet The Feebles" (1989). Director Peter Jackson's 2nd film (he recently helmed "Lord of the Rings") is a hilarious but DARK comedy. An all puppet X-Rated spoof of the Muppets, it must be seen to be believed.
. "Happiness" (199 8) . Tod Solondz strikes again with yet another cringe inducing, razor sharp satire of suburban mores
. "The Devil's Backbone" (2001) quite possible one of the ten best horror films ever.

meet the feebles.... so fucked up.
if you have any alligence to puppetry, the muppets or just have warm, happy childhood memories of fraggle rock --do not watch this.

-The Cell!
-Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

ATTIC EXPEDITIONS
That movie is NUTZ~ I can't figure it out and Ima think about it till I can.

just about any dogme but, in particular:
The Idiots (Danish name: Idioterne)
The Celebration (Festen)
enjoy...
alasdair
PS Donnie Darko rocks...

yes, 8mm with Nicholas Cage is most definitely the MOST dark and fucked up film I've seen in a while.

THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN... definently a fucked up and very dark film, its french and in subtitles, but its one of my fav. films ever.
Peace!

I gotta say that 'Requiem For A Dream' is the first movie that comes to mind. Very dark but also very brilliant.
'Fight Club' is dark but also very funny and somehow uplifting.
Also 'Natural Born Killers' (the directors cut with extra gore) is still up there.

Originally posted by punch e punch:
...Also 'Natural Born Killers' (the directors cut with extra gore) is still up there.
Heh, heh I'll always have a soft spot for "NBK". On our first date my boyfriend & I ate mushrooms & went to see it & have been together since.

1.Happiness
I couldnt talk for hours. It just wiped me out!
I dont know what to say bout it either.
2. Ghosts of the Civil Dead
Dark, cold, bleak and provoking.

No one has said Dark City!! One of the most underrated movies ever!
I also think AI is sort of dark. I mean its not about death and murder, but it def. parrallels our world today and highlights the total lack of morals that the world now displays

Originally posted by carlilarlos:
1.Happiness

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i understand welcome to the dollhouse (or something) is pretty messedup...

Battle Royale...a Japanese movie which I've been shillin' for quite some time now. Check it out on Ebay and buy the DVD. It's cheap, easy...and trust me; you'll never forget the movie.
as for 8mm, it was dark yes, but that isn't an excuse for Joel Schumacher to make one horribly acted, repulsive piece of film. Jaoquin Phoenix was about the only positive in the whole movie.

Originally posted by PlurredChemistry:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i understand welcome to the dollhouse (or something) is pretty messedup...

Welcome to the Dollhouse was pretty fucked up but I wouldn't really call it dark. I actually had a crush on the main character (the guy) :) I'm such a loser! :)

i watched 'queen margot' last night. it's a french movie set in 1572-pretty gothic and violent.
'santa sangre' is also disturbing as 'requiem for a dream.'