• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2013/2014 nfl thread v. in a snowglobe in a dollar store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see what kind of players Chip Kelly goes after

Not an Eagles fan but I am curious too. The problem is he is coaching in a very impatient sports city so he has to give the fans some hope right from the start.

Sure, its only a week and unlike others on here I wont disappear. ;)
pats win, you sport a pats avatar for a week. steelers win, vice versa.

it's on
shake2.gif

where are you gm? two bills avatar bets waiting for you: september 8th; december 29th

alasdair

how long? if i get a couple of days off from this kindergarten, i'll be the winner...

i don't see you betting. want to bet on whose team finishes with the best record? you guys should finish at around 8-8 so maybe i'll give you a couple of games...

alasdair

I have an uneasy feeling about the upcoming Steelers' season. Even think maybe the Ravens & Steelers both might be in for a down year. But I think this comes with age and player turnover which has been on the horizon for a few seasons now. I love Tomlin as coach but he has a tough road to travel this year and next I believe. That being said, GM Kevin Colbert has always surprised me with player moves and he may yet this season as well.

The Steelers do have a relatively easy run through the season though. Division games can go either way and the games against Chicago is a perfect grind em out type battle that they usually thrive on.

jesus christ Barry Sanders is acting like such a fucking bitch over getting the madden cover

they are comparing highlights and careers between him an AP. He doesn't even acknowledge how good AP is and didn't even seem impressed about him coming back form the knee injury
AP is just trying to have fun and Barry is taking this cover thing fucking serious, he's making himself look like an idiot

the whole time AP was saying a bunch of good things about Barry Sanders.. not once did he say anything about AP
When AP would start talking he would act like he wasn't even paying attention, he would point and smile at people in the crowd

honestly i didnt think he was such a fucking douche

Adrian Peterson easily deserves it coming off that year he had.
Why would fucking barry sanders get it randomly? sure he was a great RB but how long ago was that? i dont remember any other player getting the cover years after retiring.

gm, you want to have an avatar bet on the bills vs. patriots games? plenty of falcons fans here - who wants to bet?

Considering the Bills have only beat the Pats once over the past decade, the only avatar bet I'd accept would be one where a Bills win in either games this year = a win for me.

Draft on tonight!

Should be interesting with talk that Falcons could trade up all the way up to possibly #2 even though I doubt it. This is the first draft in awhile that I had no idea what to expect to happen.

I'm hosting a Draft Party at teh Nightclub. =D

inb4everyoneboosthebillspick

probably a lot of Giants fans just for the simple fact that they're from new york.
similar to the steelers fans in my area but id guess probably even more extreme

Last edited:
ok I guess Im cool with Lane Johnson as well. I want to see McCoy have a bounceback year.

I like the Desmond Trufant pick.
biggest need easily for falcons to replace Dunta Robinson at CB.

rams had best first round

tavon Austin will be better than percy harvin and ogletree is a freak of an athlete, great size at 6'3 230,will do the small things like coverage and run stop, don't expect him to get many sacks,ints, hurries or tackles

I fucking love rams front office

idk Vikings i thought raped the draft with their 3 first round picks. i don't think it could have gone any better for them.

with ponder, AP, Jennings and Rudolph...couldn't think of a worse fit for Patterson, he needs some developing and Is riddled with hindrances

Vikings did get better though, for sure

tavon and ogletree are two guys who make huge impact starting in week 1

ogletree is a top 15 talent, only made it that far cause so many nfl teams are pussies who can't handle guys with slight character issues

feels good hearing my friends, and media's praise of ram's day one decisions

rams were looking good going into next year, before today, now i'm really excited...having really young talent is so overlooked, these guys are so desperate for huge contracts in their future, and there's only one way to make it happen

I aint even gonna say 'I told you so' after a 10+ win season next year, but anyone who cries fluke is a moron

ram's have a really good, young, fast offensive with an above average oline and a qb ready to reach the next level, deal with it

not sure who, but either brian quick or isiah pead, both '12 rookies, will be 'keeper' status going into '14 fantasy football

throughout the years, so many all-pros are guys who emerge out of nowhere

Im telling you guys the Eagles are going to be a top 5 rushing team next year if they can stay somewhat healthy

whether that translates to wins remains to be seen

Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker has had a successful career anchoring the Crimson Tide's offensive line for back-to-back national championship teams.

Now he's a San Diego Charger.

If he can keep rivers out of pressure we can give Denver a run for their money.

At this point, I would be ecstatic with:

MLB: Arthur Brown SS: Jonathan Cyprien CB: Jamar Taylor NT: Jesse Williams

I'd accept:

MLB: Manti T'eo, Kiko Alonso WR: justin Hunter, Robert Woods TE: Zach Ertz OLB: Tank Carradine, Chase Thomas C: Brian Schwenke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.