• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

I wonder if i could sue my employer and how long it would take...

class action lawsuits seem to be the best way if possible. also get a union involved and you're almost guaranteed to win in most cases i've seen.

90% of the law is proof though...

C79A93B2-B343-44DD-A1B4-223B8844704E_zpsjlzo4nev.jpg

Thanks to insurance companies for income protection insurance. Best invention ever. Get it.

Hey guys and girls.

Who else works 40+ hours a week.lemmi c yo hands up!

Mine have been stuck in the air since i got off work.idkwtf

we received a "ransom virus" today. it encrypted every file on our server. when i called our IT vendor to say all of our files were suddenly encrypted, the representative's first response was, "oh crap."

we received a "ransom virus" today. it encrypted every file on our server. when i called our IT vendor to say all of our files were suddenly encrypted, the representative's first response was, "oh crap."
Don't you use ubuntu or some other linux program?

no, i've never worked in an office that ran on anything but windows. our IT vendor restored everything to the backup made immediately prior to our CFO downloading an email virus. no problem except lost time and an iteration of whatever you were working on.

Last edited:
once this company was having a relay race for its employees. they gave us grant money and wanted all the downtown nonprofits they supported to take part. so employees would learn about the different organizations. involved a committee of about 20 people and they started planning it months in advance.

they were giving their employees serious prizes like pto for placing. people wanted to be in and out as fast as possible. there was an envelope we were to hand each team before they left. my coworker handed the first team an envelope. when i went to hand the next team an envelope, i saw they were numbered. i asked if they had a team number. it was the one we'd given to the first team. they were getting antsy about us holding them up. i grabbed a random envelope, dipped into the next room and photocopied its contents, put that in a new envelope, and handed it to them.

the the organizers called toward the end of the day, saying things got all messed up. they were trying to figure out what happened. i told them exactly what happened. people were pissed.

Last edited:
I’ve done a bit of everything.
Call centres for 18 years.
Destroyed my mental health more than it was when I went in lol

Did 7 years in social work, 4 year degree and had to bail 3 years in because my heart couldn’t handle the reality.
Leaving kids in unsafe places because the ‘resources aren’t there’ to save them.
That almost killed me.

Then I drove metro buses for a while.
That would have went a lot better had I not been drug fucked by the time I got licenced and accredited to do it.

Now I’m training in traffic control.
Who knows how that’s gonna go.

I hate not working.
Being an unproductive member of society turns my ‘habits’ into full blown fucked up self destructive addictions.
I wouldn’t last 6 months unemployed and there are times in life I think that’s not such a bad idea either

how is traffic control working out?

i'm volunteering at the moment. like right now. taking a breather after creating ppc campaign. i want a full-time job so bad. i haven't taken the steps to make it happen but i am now. i need to resume my career. i know it won't make life perfect but it's a major item to check off.

anyone looking at the moment? how's it going? don't you fucking hate meeting new people and them asking what you do?

i just told my counselor i can't take a temp gig because i can't lose medicaid. i'm dying inside. but that will change. i'm gonna find a good job. i'm going to wake up everyday and go there and interact with people and contribute. i'm going to use my skills and feel good about doing it. i'm going help myself and society. my parents and friends won't worry anymore. i'll be able to date again. it's going to happen because i'm going to make it happen.

i'm so fucking good at what i do. if i were in the cockpit i know how to fly. i just gotta get back in it.

next ppc campaign coming up now.

I work at a reaustraunt I do prep work stock ect and dishes on the weekend I hate the bosses wife she treates everyone like shit so I do little thing to annoy her, I was showing the dish kid where to put something in the basement, on the way down the stairs make a bunch of noise to piss off Alicia so i clang plastic containers together and skip stairs to make more noise the kid was happy .... that was a fun day...

anyone looking at the moment? how's it going? don't you fucking hate meeting new people and them asking what you do?

yeah. I've been doing the minimum to scrape by the past two years on freelance work and "gig" type jobs (the ones I can do online) and I'm finally trying to get back in the saddle full time in a new career.

The last time someone asked me what I did she literally didn't even understand what it was, even after I dumbed it down twice. She was pretty young though. Is it for real that kids these days don't even understand where apps come from?

TBH I don't like small talk anymore, I usually just start lying about everything when get-to-know-you chit starts feeling like an interview. Let's cut the shit, we all know what these questions really mean.

What do you do? = What is your current socio-economic status?
Where do you live? = Where can you afford to live?
Do you [like to] travel? = Can you afford to fly somewhere to lie on a beach instead of just staying at home lying in bed?

It's like 20 questions where the answer is money

Reactions: CFC
my boss thretens my co worker with violence i think its unprofessional hes like wanna go outside, not the first time, he does that shit 2 me in out, and my boss is 56

I work at a reaustraunt I do prep work stock ect and dishes on the weekend I hate the bosses wife she treates everyone like shit so I do little thing to annoy her, I was showing the dish kid where to put something in the basement, on the way down the stairs make a bunch of noise to piss off Alicia so i clang plastic containers together and skip stairs to make more noise the kid was happy .... that was a fun day...
Have the new kid grab the bacon stretcher from next door

I love my job being a self employed meth addict driving for food delivery services. I work whenever I want. If I’m high enough I’ll work the whole night and I always surprise myself how many hours I put in and how much I’ve made in under 24 hours lol .

Well, don't be shy. Let me source those tips playa

What's your 24 hour record? On avg how much depreciation do you think your vehicle incurs? Order are you one of those ingenious duos who rent cars for grams®©?

got an interview today for later this week or next. stopped by to drop off a hardcopy resume and cover letter after applying online this morning. someone took it to the back office. they came back and said the hiring manager was overwhelmed with apps and too busy to see anyone — which was disheartening. as i was leaving the hiring manager ran outside and said sorry he didn’t realize it was me and we’d set up a time soon to chat. he knows me because it's my favorite bike shop. he said i was overqualified, but i said that didn't bother me, i bet we can figure something out, and he said yup we’d talk about it.

can be part time too. so i’d be able to keep looking while i worked there. getting ahead of myself a bit. i plan on getting the job. might as well plan on it for the confidence. i'm sure there's some hard work, but it'll be easy compared to my work history.

hopefully i learn some stuff from the mechanics while i'm there. if i get the job. i said i'd be up to take a floor sales or a (retail) management position, which is certainly a step down. i love bikes and it's a lot better than being unemployed while i look for something more career oriented. assuming i get the job.

edit:
owner vetoed the manager. said no staff growth during this virus scare. said he could hire me if someone quit. i'll probably have a job by then, but who knows. someone could not show up tomorrow. bike shop isn't the kind of place you work until retirement (at least not in the position i'm up for). also almost all the high paying jobs i'm applying for are remote because of the virus; so i could possibly do both if i pick up a copywriting job where you just have to get the work done on time versus a daily schedule. i absolutely love talking about bikes, so it wouldn't feel like being overworked.

Last edited:
i apply for at least one job a day. like cover letter, portfolio, a real, earnest application. it's funny how i finally motivate to get it together as the world falls apart. but i'm going to keep trying.

i know a lot of people who are employed are scared. companies are cutting back and laying off employees because of the virus. you have my sympathy. we will get through this. the world has to go back to normal. there's no way a virus with a 2.5 percent (i know, i heard that is wrong and it's a little higher but still) is gonna end the world.

and it's a little off topic, but to anyone who knows someone who has contracted the virus, you have my empathy. my father did. although he's relatively healthy, he is in his 60s and there are complications. i live every day in fear. i cannot lose him. anyone else going through the same thing, all i can think to say is you have my empathy.