• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

It's a pipe dream only if you're unwilling to put in the work to "effortlessly" make money. Gotta set up a foundation, whether through education or experience.

Tude, so you're basically working two full time jobs?? I can hardly handle one, working 50-55 hrs per week. It's exhausting. I couldn't imagine 40 + 31 hrs in a week.
Glad you're enjoying your new job though. That's really awesome.

TheAppleCore, that type of job won't just "come" to you. It'll take time. And keep in mind that, if you find something you love to do, it won't be effortless all the time. I mean, I love my job. I really do. But it's stressful and hard work. There are lots of things I do at work that I don't enjoy. But the majority of time, I do like it, I like the challenges. I've had jobs that I've hated, like you have mentioned you're doing now. Just put in the time. Search for something new of course, but keep in mind that it may not come right away. I'm sure you will find something, I recommend you keep looking, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't show up immediately :)

Llama, I am, but the new job should be slowing down to about 24 hours/week after the holidays. I'll be sad, lol, but I'll try to pick up shifts if I can. I basically have no life, so it's not a big deal lol :D Your job sounds stressful, so I can see why it's hard working a lot of hours.

thank god i'm on vacation. works been a motherfuck, had to meet a deadline which those are always good goals to set(even when they are already set by your boss). we did it tho, ran 50+some miles of strand and fiber over a period of 4 months(this is with the crew i work with only 1 truck,3 guys, 2 lineman 1 groundhand).
Google gave everyone on my crew a Nexus 7 for rigging up the remaining parts of kansas city with their fiber. pretty fucking sweet if you ask me!
so on vacation until the 2nd and it's off to austin,tx for more google fiber!

That's cool you got a new phone, D's! So does your job constantly move you around the country, or is this a one-time thing? As a kid, I always wanted a job that moved me around, but my jobs now don't do that. I don't quit because I like them, but I'd be a long haul truck driver (or something) in a heartbeat!

this one time...

A previous employer of mine had me take a random UA and I knew I was going to fail, so I shit in the cup and gave it to him..

I don't work there anymore.

Is this thread in the appropriate forum?

A previous employer of mine had me take a random UA and I knew I was going to fail, so I shit in the cup and gave it to him..

I don't work there anymore.

Well, no shit!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

Last edited:
Just gone back to uni...

...got a high first in my first assessed assignment after not putting pen to paper in six years.

Proud.

Sorry no real ongoing plot to the thread, was just happy.

I have temporary set my utility pole (bashlin) climbing hooks to the side and learning a new skill that will pay an extra $600 a week (Google was paying me $1,000 so $1,600 a week now is a damn payup!)that's before taxes so looking at $1300 take home considering I'll be off weekends,and working in the south-east compared to the fucking north. Fuckin Kansas can keep that negative 2degree weather. The low being 26 degrees here is more bareable.

Luckily I came home just in time because stepdad is starting a cell tower climbing team. He's already in deep with [cell phone company with-held]. And at the nick of time too! Met tower chief #1 and he liked my attitude and eagerness to climb towers! So BAM

I have my interview to be an apprentice lineman later this month. I'm very excited to have the chance at working outdoors in a challenging career. If I pass the interview, there is a waiting list, but I'd be moving out to NM immediately to get settled anyway. Time to brush up on my charisma and cross the fingers :D

So I haven't had a day off since November. I'm scheduled off from both jobs on Friday. I don't know what to do.

Yep. I don't celebrate any holidays, so no biggie :D

Anyone here gotten a raise/ promotion lately?

Do you get time and a half on those days? Niiice!

No raises or promotions. Raise in July I think. :)

At the new job, I believe I do. At the old job, I don't, but get a bonus eight hours added to my paycheck. =D

How's everyone been lately?