• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-APDB Thread

Those seem like quite high doses, given the 5/6-APB relationship and the existence of this as the HCl salt I would expect this to be active from 30mg and good around 70mg. Are you tolerant?

Sorry about the late reply, my apb-5/6 doses were about 60mg of each at the same time.

I had high hopes for this chem having absolutely loved mda many years back.
After an allergy test, started low with 25mgs po.. after a half-hour noticed little change so added another 35mgs.
The nausea was as intense for me at this level as 250mgs mda IV was. I noticed some sedation and suspected that a larger dose might afford some of the psychedelic effects I remember from mda.
Unfortunately, I find this substance personally too toxic to risk higher doses.

After an allergy test, started low with 25mgs po.. after a half-hour noticed little change so added another 35mgs.
The nausea was as intense for me at this level as 250mgs mda IV was. I noticed some sedation and suspected that a larger dose might afford some of the psychedelic effects I remember from mda.

Probably looking in the wrong direction if you're looking for an MDA alternative close to MDA itself in effects. Consider 6-APDB or 6-APB, or even 5-APB, all of which are a lot closer in pharmacological action to MDA itself. 5-APDB is pretty much just an SSRA (selective serotonin releasing agent) like MDAI or IAP. 6-APB and 6-APDB on the other hand are quite strong dopamine and norepinephrine releasers like MDA itself. :)

That's not to say this one isn't worth trying but MDA is a triple releaser, and pretty heavy on dopamine release, so the effects are quite different. This is especially true if you prefer MDA to MDMA and that was your reason for investingating the APBs/APDBs - because MDA releases more dopamine than MDMA, so look towards the more dopaminergic substances if you're looking for somewhat of a replacement.

I've tried it, but to be honest i've tried very few in order to compare them. All I can say is there is a little euphoria

Well I went ahead and tested over 125mgs IN with this one. Your not really missing out if you haven't had this one, A nice body high but that's about it. Made me downright sleepy.

Considering it's pretty selective for serotonin that's not entirely surprising. Expect something like MDAI

Has anyone tried other ROAs with this substance? IV? IM?

Ok,
So I finally got around to revisiting this one the only difference being absolutely clean of other chemicals that could factor(last time I'd had mxe the night before)
I weighed 100mg(my weight 75kg aged over fifty) of the fine light powder and divided it into four piles. I insulfated one of the 25mg piles and instantly regretted it. This is probably the most caustic research chemical I've encounted so far.
I put the rest in a capsule and took it po this time just after finishing a large salad for lunch(I anticipated vomitting as before and thought it might help). To my suprise I experienced no nausea this time. This was quite different than before. It took about three hours to reach the peak though I started feeling it in less than an hour. I played guitar for a short while yet was no more inspired or sensative to sound than usual. Motor function seemed effected somewhat, but not impaired. Mood was elevated almost to euphoria. I noticed an increased sociability. After about three and half hours I started drinking ethanol while watching TV relaxing with friends. I then experienced significant potentiation of the alcohol which seemed about twice normal potentcy. I went to bed ridiculously drunk for a mere three drinks. I awoke the next morning feeling somewhat trashed from the alcohol, next time I'll probably not drink.
Anyway, this time was much more promising and pleasant. I think I'll up the dose to 150mg maybe next month.
As to alternate methods of ingestion, the caustic nature of this one, at least from my source, certainly precludes plugging, insulfating, and I'M. I have injected IV other caustic shit in my youth but am loath to punish the few remaining injection sites out of idle curiousity. I leave that experiment to younger more heavily veined psychonauts.

Since there is little information on this chemical, I thought I would share a combination that I decided to try out the other day. I find 5-APDB on it's own to be fairly sedating, with some euphoria and not much empathy. The first 2 times that I dosed this chemical I found myself annoyed or bothered by others, which rarely happens to me on any substance besides this one and alcohol. I found Oral dosing to give a peak of 2-3 hours, followed by 6 hours or so of slight physical discomfort, tense muscles, and 'Restless leg syndrome' while trying to get comfortable.

I found the physical discomfort to outweigh the positives when dosed orally, so I decided to try Plugging it this time. To counteract the sedation and boredom that I get with this chem, I decided to insufflate 20mg of 4-FA. Enough for a decent amount of stimulation, and enough to make the experience more euphoric. I kept the 4-FA low enough so I wouldn't elicit much of a serotonergic response from it.

I weighed out 50mgs of 5-APDB, dissolved it in warm water (it took awhile of shaking), and readied my oral syringe. I then weighed my 20mg of 4-FA and lined it up. I then plugged the 5-APDB. 5-APB took about 20 minutes to feel and 60 minutes to peak when I plugged it, and it didnt seem as potent with rectal administration. However, 5-APDB I began to feel in about 10 minutes and I reached my peak in 30. 50mgs plugged seemed to equal about 100mgs oral, as I expected. I believe 5-APDB lends itself more for rectal administration than 5-APB. I snorted the 4-FA about 10 minutes after plugging the 5-APDB.

I began to do chores around the house while listening to music. About 40 minutes after dosing, the 2 chemicals started getting along very nicely. It was pretty euphoric considering the dose, there was good music enhancement, and I was having a wonderful time doing the dishes. I found it to feel somewhat similar to 5-ME (God I miss you) which I wasnt expecting. I had a very enjoyable peak that lasted about an hour.

I cannot give a timeline or anything. I find both 5-APDB and 4-FA to be slightly moreish and plugging to be somewhat moreish in itself, I ended up plugging a few more doses of 5-APDB over the course of 5 hours or so, ranging from 15-40mg. I also snorted a few bumps of 4-FA throughout the night. It remained a pleasant experience throughout.

Plugging 5-APDB did what I was hoping it would, pretty much got rid of any physical discomfort that I associate with 5-APDB. I will probably be plugging it from now on.

Ok,
As to alternate methods of ingestion, the caustic nature of this one, at least from my source, certainly precludes plugging, insulfating, and I'M.

I don't recall having any discomfort when I plugged this one. I remember the pain that both insufflated and plugged 4-FA gives. I'm not saying that it's not caustic, I just didnt feel any discomfort myself

5-APDB is normally the HCl salt so it should indeed be more suited to plugging than 5-APB, which was normally the succinate salt.

x-APDB is much more selective for serotonin so the sedating feel and reduced euphoria is not surprising. The combination with 4-FA should give a much better rounded experience as the dopamine release allows a more traditional empathogen experience.

5-APDB is normally the HCl salt so it should indeed be more suited to plugging than 5-APB, which was normally the succinate salt.

I didn't even take that into consideration, that makes a lot more sense.

x-APDB is much more selective for serotonin so the sedating feel and reduced euphoria is not surprising. The combination with 4-FA should give a much better rounded experience as the dopamine release allows a more traditional empathogen experience.

I don't think I'll be dosing 5-APDB again without a dopaminergic stimulant, I just find it too uncomfortable without it. I have done things like MDAI without any added dopamine release and have been able to enjoy it, but 5-APDB not so much

Do we know that this is really that selective? It doesn't touch DAT or NET, but there could be some binding to monoamine receptors, since it bears a little similarity to MDA, which is known to bind to the same.

Also, please titrate your doses. We don't yet know that people will respond reliably to this drug, or any other new drugs for that matter, so going off of posted reports to figure out how much to take is potentially hazardous.

I found 6-apb hcl to be almost uncomfortable without adding 2fma to the mix. and seen some people flat out tell me they like methylone better than mdma because mdma was too sedating and almost uncomfortable.

but I can agree with mr danharper01 above me, i would assume that because 6-apb with 2-fma seriously flipped it around, i didnt like the 6-apb without it, and with it I liked it better than MDMA.

I want to try 5-apdb out but I don't know which F(M)A to pair with it.
And I have access to all of them. Hmm :/

No we don't know it's that selective, but subjectively it does seem to be more so than MDA.

I'm surprised anyone felt the need to combine 6-APB with a stimulant, I thought it was fine on its own.

No we don't know it's that selective, but subjectively it does seem to be more so than MDA.

I'm surprised anyone felt the need to combine 6-APB with a stimulant, I thought it was fine on its own.

Some people fine 6-apb stimulating, other do not. I find it to be very very trippy and sedating without adding a stimulant

So compared to 6-APB, how are visuals? It doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned visuals specifically.

And has anyone smoked Cannabis with it? As it seems to be more "Sedative" than similar chems, they will probably go well together.
And has anyone tried it with 5-Meo-DALT?

Or UR-144/5F-AKB48?

Last edited:
So compared to 6-APB, how are visuals? It doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned visuals specifically.

And has anyone smoked Cannabis with it? As it seems to be more "Sedative" than similar chems, they will probably go well together.
And has anyone tried it with 5-Meo-DALT?

Or UR-144/5F-AKB48?

6 apb and the 5 and 6 apb combo is much more visual

5-apdb is kinda like mdai but less fun

Some people fine 6-apb stimulating, other do not. I find it to be very very trippy and sedating without adding a stimulant

I think dosage is the factor here. From a simple standpoint, 6-APB releases more of the reward and stimulating (dopamine and norepinephrine) chemicals than MDMA does, and less of the lovey serotonin. 5-APB releases notably more serotonin than MDMA, and less dopamine and norepinephrine. Serotonin itself is relaxing, calming, sedating, and can even make you a tad sleepy - while dopamine and norepinephrine in combination make for that intense energetic rush.

So why do so many people get sedated from 6-APB? I didn't understand it for the longest time and thought it was plainly people getting mixed up batches or something but I suspect now that it's all due to dose. A friend of mine who I've rolled with plenty of times now would always take 60-80mg - she loved the stuff better than MDMA and would dance away all night. One day I forgot how low she normally doses and gave her a full 140mg bomb - she spent the entire trip floored, tripping out, zero euphoria, barely enjoyed a moment of it.

IIRC 6-APB also has a pretty high affinity for 5-HT2B receptors, encouraging the balance to sway in the favour of trippy piperazine like mongy serotonin flooryness to put it in better terms at higher doses. I could be chatting out my arse though, but that's my theory. :p

Try dosing lower and see what happens? :) Like 70-80mg or so, you might be surprised too if you think that'd be too low a dose. I was always dosing 150-175mg+ and last time I took 75mg and rolled pretty much just as hard minus the psychedelia and overbearingness of it all.

Anyway sorry for getting off topic forgot this was the 5-APDB thread - just to reiterate what a couple others have said so I can say something slightly on topic yeah I believe 5-APDB is an SSRA (selective serotonin releasing agent), so think MDAI and the like, rather than MDMA, 6-APB, 5-APB etc. Probably good in mixes, but don't expect to "roll" when taking on its own - great for cuddling with loved ones and relaxing though I'm sure. :)