• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Michael

so true. i saw him almost a week before and he seemed to be in a really good place. :( took everyone by surprise.

I went to a beautiful, wild place this weekend and there were lots of birds and a half moon out riding low over the hills in a bright blue sky. I thought of you as I always do when the moon is low in the day, or when I see an unusual bird. I started thinking about the hat. I wonder if it got bundled up and taken to Goodwill or whether some other family member felt the soft alpaca wool and decided to keep it for themselves or a friend. I hope whoever got it feels the magic I knitted into every stitch. It was so full of the strength of my admiration and the warmth of my affection. I wonder if anyone ever asked you where you got it? I can imagine you answering, "From a friend", and that makes me smile. I am so sorry that you left us all so soon. I read a beautiful phrase about death in a book today. It was, "as we, one day, will be vanquished with a last puff and then nothing at all--nothing but the fragrance of our lives in the world, as on a hand that once held flowers." (Simon Von Booy)

I'd like to go on record stating he never touched me (okay, we hugged once, but it was consensual; emphasis on sensual)...OR kids. He was good like that.

I don't think I've logged on to BL for at least 7 years, but this time I had no choice. Michael was a good man; I trusted and respected him. Sometimes people die and the world doesn't skip a beat...this is not one of those times.

Goodbye, Michael. I'm going to miss you, my friend. <3

Goodbye, Michael :(

I finally decided to log in to pay my respects here but I keep typing and deleting my words because no words can express how sad I still am over the loss of my friend. He is loved and missed. <3

We should move some of Michael's great photos over here. I think about Molly, too, and wonder how she is doing.

I chatted to him a few times and he scared me a lot as I was a noob when he was a mod of the lounge. I am sad he is gone . He was a character and that is what bl needs. People like him.

Hi Michael. You helped me a lot throughout my dumb years on bluelight. I can't listen to any GD without thinking of you and though it sorta breaks my heart i am glad I can still feel connected to you. <3

Hi Michael. To this day when some dumb things happen I shake my fist at the screen and wish you were here to do shit proper like.

Kinda like a torturer covered in unicorns and rainbows.

Your old mate could use a sign right now. I cant believe you used to dcare the shit out of me, big softy.

RIP

I've been missing the old chat days a lot lately, and you were one of the mainstays. You could bring me out of a meandering, self-indulgent rant like no one else.

I know I'm not the only one who's imagining what you would be adding to our conversations these days.