• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom & Alprazolam

whenever i have time off i just lay around all day instead
of going out and living my real life and i say just one more
time like i used to do with my opiate. Well minus as far as taking
and opiate and being able to function.
Not sure if this means that if one does not have opi or benz about one has no ambition and vegging-out or one is just chillin' on one and/or the other and drifting through?
If the former: Not sure but if kratom is available but it will get one up from the couch and boost mood (form dead to the world from opi WD... a gram of this sh** and all was OK again). From experience it works with benzo abuse as well (just not as effectively). Heard it's good and possibly a legitimate (court still out) for meth, heroin and other substance use/abuse "treatment".
Not saying it (kratom) is not or cannot be abused or that there is no dependence that may ensue with daily use. I use it to manage pain and to lift my mood a bit (no coffee for me). :)
Edibles seem to be an option as well but have to actually go through it to suggest. I picked some up last night and kinda like 'em.
Will say that it (kartom) has replace my most expensive DOCs and have been able to keep $ in the bank. I do splurge but time and place....
Seems that a hard-lived life can teach a MF some discipline, patience and self-control. Not all bad getting old.

Biggest problem with the mixture is GI track complications, not only causing obvious discomfort and constipation(fruit seems to keep this problem to a minimum). SWIM takes 4mg alprazolam / day and around 15g green Malay Kratom from a very good source, fresh and local...in fact any mainstream brands from headshop will at best lessen opiate withdrawals if taken instead of this kind.

My main point/advice is if you (like me) have long term dependence and use of both of these, take the alprazolam sublingual, not oral. I’m also positive that the alprazolam is being absorbed better this way.

Any thoughts or experiences similar? Different? Obviously end goal is off both of them it is just maintaining and has been for a while.

Biggest problem with the mixture is GI track complications, not only causing obvious discomfort and constipation(fruit seems to keep this problem to a minimum). SWIM takes 4mg alprazolam / day and around 15g green Malay Kratom from a very good source, fresh and local...in fact any mainstream brands from headshop will at best lessen opiate withdrawals if taken instead of this kind.

My main point/advice is if you (like me) have long term dependence and use of both of these, take the alprazolam sublingual, not oral. I’m also positive that the alprazolam is being absorbed better this way.

Any thoughts or experiences similar? Different? Obviously end goal is off both of them it is just maintaining and has been for a while.

I also take 4mg of alprazolam daily, but I take the xanax xr, so sublingual dosing isn't really a good option. My kratom dose is sky high though. I've tapered down from around 70g of kratom daily a few weeks ago to 36g today. I'm going to continue to taper it slowly, because, even with black seed oil, the restlessness is unbearable if I lower my dose by more than about .5g/day. It's a slower taper than I had hoped for, but I'm still making progress without major discomfort, so I'll call it a win.

It's actually a great combination! Xanax will remove the side effects of kratom, like dizziness or lightheartedness. It may even potentiate kratom.

I also take 4mg of alprazolam daily, but I take the xanax xr, so sublingual dosing isn't really a good option. My kratom dose is sky high though. I've tapered down from around 70g of kratom daily a few weeks ago to 36g today. I'm going to continue to taper it slowly, because, even with black seed oil, the restlessness is unbearable if I lower my dose by more than about .5g/day. It's a slower taper than I had hoped for, but I'm still making progress without major discomfort, so I'll call it a win.

Ya the XR does take sublingual option away. Wow 70 g of kratom...what brand/ strain? That’s good your lowered so far now. I was at like 30-40 g for a while too. I agree the progress is what’s important and not going backwards, even if you have to stay at a dose for a bit longer for your body to adjust

It's actually a great combination! Xanax will remove the side effects of kratom, like dizziness or lightheartedness. It may even potentiate kratom.

Oh and never heard of black seed oil, what’s that?

Yes, you definitely need to tread lightly in this situation. I'm kind of surprised. As Kratom has grown significantly in popularity over the past several years, many users do not understand that Kratom is an Opioid.

Specifically, its metabolites, mainly Mitragynine, are. I've read some data indicating that it is a full agonist and other that says it is a partial agonist, so I'm really not sure on that front.

The fact is, even a partial Opioid agonist can contribute to an overdose, especially when combine with other CNS depressants like Alcohol and/or Benzodiazepines.

But, combining these drugs isn't an automatic death sentence. If you choose to dabble in this combination you just need to be very cautious.

- Start with a small dosage of each drug

- Do not be afraid to call emergency services if you think you need them

- Ideally, have someone nearby who can assist you if you become too intoxicated

- Do not throw anything else into the mix

I talk about this service a lot and I really think they're great. They are pure HR just like us and only want to help. You call them, let them your situation. You then ask them to call you after a certain time period. If you dont answer, they send emergency servives.

You can tell that the service was designed for injection drug users. I've talked to one of the volunteers there and also a BL'er that have confirmed the service is adaptable. They will find the right way to help you.

I know the ambulance and fire truck are embarrassing, but they will only be called if you are completely unresponsive, so why not?

Never Use Alone

(800) 484-3731