• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom & Alprazolam

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
Anyone know if there's any interaction between kratom & alprazolam? I would like to do some kratom I have sittin around but don't wanna risk a bad mix.
Thankies :)

I wouldnt really even consider kratom a drug. It does not do shit for me. But in my experience I have mixed the two as well as alot of other substances.

IME, Kratom and Xanax mix very well. Kratom gives an energizing opiate like high that can cause a few bad side effects (frustration, anxiety). Xanax takes these side effects and makes a blissful combo. I usually take the Kratom first and then take Xanax about 1-2 hours into the Kratom high. It can make for a good day :)

btw, I usually only mix about 2-5 grams of Meng Da and/or Potent Indo and .5mg - 1mg of Xanax.

you will be fine. you will have to consume so much kratom to point where you would throw up!

1-2mg xanax, and 5-15g kratom (depending on your tolerance) and you will be fine!

Thanks everyone! My alprazolam tolerance is right back to where it was last year & I quit! I stopped in Aug '12 & just started back on them last month. Tolerance is a bitch...course cigs aren't helping but I need a cig after dissolving some alprazolam.
As for kratom, my first time I did approx 7 grams and felt a mild "buzz". I ate a lot more the second time with not much of a difference in feeling. Maybe my source just sucks lol.
I'll err on the side of caution and try 3-5 grams of kratom since I already have around 4-6 mgs of alprazolam in me. Taken over the past 5 hours mind you, not all at once.

I wouldnt really even consider kratom a drug. It does not do shit for me. But in my experience I have mixed the two as well as alot of other substances.

Have to say, I have a moderate tolerance to opiates ( 50mg of oxy to get high, 80+ to nod, OC formula or IR form, not OP garbage) and I am on kratom right now high as hell. But YMMV i guess. to the OP i would say anytime i combine kratom and alprazolam it felt underwhelming compared to either on their own. The xanax overpowers the high mostly. Be safe though! and watch your dosages for both if you choose to mix.

Kratom is definitely a drug, it can have quite strong effects at that. Whether it is considered a hard drug is up to your personal definition...

I bought the good shit off the net and the head shop gave me their best. I kinda caught a buzz the first time. I know I got super high drug tolerance (IV opiates). But I would put it wayyyy below pot. Now that shit they sell at gas stations is poison (spice).

i use kratom when i'm out of opiates; it kills the withdrawal and does give me euphora/focus/relaxation and a bunch of positive effects. Kratom mixes well with any benzo IMO. I often mix it with high doses of etizolam. Sometimes with kratom, less is more, i guess it depends on the strain and the effects you are looking for. My opiate tolerance is fucked so i only get subtle effects from kratom, to me it's kind of like tramadol, a tad more fun than codeine and longer lasting. I've used kratom from years and you have to find the right vendor or it will be shit. It has to be as fresh as possible, i usually only have to take 6-8 grams (less for maeng da) for full effects, any more than that and i just get eye wobbles or side effects.

and shit about benzo tolerance, last year i was benzo free, and now back at the same dose as i was during the peak of my addiction and the only effect i still get is anxiety relief.

RR, I'm with you there. I figured after almost a year my benzo tolerance would be close to baseline again. Sure didn't happen that way. Right back to eating bars now and still sittin here sober & tryin to entertain myself haha

I take 1mg of Klonopin 3x daily (generalized anxiety disorder) and have NEVER found there to be any extra "depression" of my respiratory system or breathing difficulties....but every body is different!

Kratom is not a drug to take lightly. It is in fact highly potent and if you get your kratom from a quality source you won't need much (5-10g) to nod out completely. It's a very powerful opiate, contrary to what most people say. Just because Oxycodone and most other opiates are stronger does not mean Kratom isn't powerful. I can take 900mg Codeine and hardly feel it, or take 60-80mg Oxycodone and get a slight high. If I take 15 grams of high quality Kratom I can hardly keep myself awake, I always end up nodding out. This drug is much stronger than most make it out to be.

After years of experience with nearly every psychoactive known to man (just to identify) I have to say that unfortunately, for me Kratom + ANY benzo particularly alprazolam is always less than each on its own. It consistently negates the better aspects of either substance. Of course this isn't true for those who have experience combining benzos and opiates but for whatever reason these do not synergize. You may find one or two who like it or say at least it increases sedation but it always takes away the euphoria of a good K dose and also the carefree attitude of a proper benzo dose. If you do some digging you'll find well over half the people experimenting have a similar exoerience ?

it's similar to xan and lean to me: weak opiate high enhanced by benzo.

kratom is harmless as far as I'm concerned, better to use kava or something else harmless with it (to avoid addiction issues.)

i take them together every morning, it got off of subutex because in illinois you get your medical card if you turn in your opiate prescription. Screw the opiates...all they do is ruin lives, and take them. I was on subutex for a reason but the easiest thing to get off . thanks to kratom
My 2 cents

sorry that sounded stupid im still taking an opiate...but if i run out...it doesnt bother me even if i stop taking kratom for a week...feel no side effects.... but maybe thats the weed and cbd...and xanax...who knows

.... but maybe thats the weed and cbd...and xanax...who knows
A coupla years back I got off opiates with xanax (used about 3 weeks or so) and a few trams. Seemed a breeze... until I ran out of xanies. Then it was a couple weeks of hell. My agony could have been partially due to other (non-related) issues going on but looking back it seems now like a bad WD from xanax (could not work after first week, tears streaming down cheeks always, no sleep for a month (it seems but prolly a week or two), bit anyones head off if spoken to, depressed, no appetite, self-hatred, hated everybody and hated life.
My wife saved me by staying by my side: She almost left me after 20+ years.
At almost my wort someone from work asked me if I was thinking about harming myself: I replied that I am more of a homicide than a suicide. That ended any further discussion.
Careful with the xanax, friend. It can put one in a hurt-locker.

..... i was wondering, if i stick to low doses would i have LESS PAINFUL taper symptoms or like not go through withdrawals as badly ?
The lesser the dose and the further the dosing (once or twice a day instead of 4-5) then I would imagine a lesser WD. Just my opinion as I am on it now (for longer than expected...) and am tapering with a back-up of several clonazepam if things run amok.
I have always went with the cold turkey approach and it was always terrible at best. Will see if there is any actual difference soon. By logic it has to be less hell: It's worked for other substances in my life.
If prescribed... by all means take as indicated. AFAIK they were intended for a short-term "band-aid" use until one finds a means of a better quality of life and then taper and jump off: Optimally the new habits and habitats will be a learned response and "stick". No big deal, right?
Some are on it for years or decades. Not impossible to get "away" from but it may become part of ones lifestyle?

IME, Kratom and Xanax mix very well. Kratom gives an energizing opiate like high that can cause a few bad side effects (frustration, anxiety). Xanax takes these side effects and makes a blissful combo. I usually take the Kratom first and then take Xanax about 1-2 hours into the Kratom high. It can make for a good day :)

btw, I usually only mix about 2-5 grams of Meng Da and/or Potent Indo and .5mg - 1mg of Xanax.
Your timing is spot on, about two hours after your kratom dose, dose the benzo. My experience is with Valium not Xanax, but I think the principal is the same.
IMO
Best combos with kratom are:
1.pot (brings a nice dream like nod)
2. tramadol (increased pain killing)
3. benzodiazepines (increased euphoria)
Worst combos
1.Alcohol (increases nausea)
2. Amphetamines (increases irritability)

i know this might sound like an annoying question. . . . but i am so terrified, that i was wondering, if i stick to low doses would i have LESS PAINFUL taper symptoms or like not go through withdrawals as badly ? this could be a big chance that this is the reason that they should be taken as prescribed then .

i am so terrified of those little fux.
Hey not an annoying question at all! A good one indeed.
The withdrawals are very dose dependent, low end of the dosing spectrum you may not feel any at all or just some mild malaise.
I take a Herculean dose of 40-50 grams a day and I experience runny nose eyes and asshole, depression, insomnia, restless legs, moderate aches and pains. Bloody awful, but like 3-4 days awful, not a two week death safari like withdrawals from heroin.