• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

- Movies that FREAK you out -

RiCePlaYa

Bluelighter
I was just watching "Primal Fear" with Richard Gere and Edward Norton on TV...don't know why its called 'Primal Fear' but I thought the ending was pretty fucking freaky.
Anyway, got me thinking...whats a movie thats freaked you out? Not necessarily a pure horror film, psychological too?

tromeo and juliet was a trip. hahahah
ok, i dont give a fuck what anyone says. "The Blair Witch Project" scared the shit out of me. i saw it opening week, before it went mainstream, in an indy theater, and had no idea what it was about. my friend just told me to come wiff him.
that and, of course, Sixth Sense...um, and if they made a movie off that vid game Silent Hill, i would be the first in line to get the shit scared out of me!

Candy Man (the original)
Event Horizon (I know, it's silly)
The House on Haunted Hill (1999)
Dreamscape
Eye of the Beholder (more subtle)

i am a big fan of disturbing/weird movies soo..
nil by mouth-very, very good. don't watch if you can't handle a realistic dipiction of domestic violence
the secret adventures of tom thumb, by manga- just too cool
reqium for a dream, pi
american history X
there's alot more..hmmm i'll have to think a bit, i'm tired

Originally posted by NeoMagic:
requiem for a dream
that movie disturbed the fuck out of me. for the last 45 mins or so--my friend and i sat in COMPLETE silence (we were makin occasional comments in the beginning of the movie). then, when it was over--we both sat for an hour, in silence--partly b/c what we had just seen was really sad and disturbing--and b/c we wondered if we'd ever end up like that :(
::shudders:: i've never done heroin, i've never wanted to, and i never will. and i will NEVER be able to watch that movie again.
***<3 starlight <3***

I'd have to say requim for a dream and trainspotting are definatey not good movies to watch coming down. Saw both of the for the first timein a post-drug induced state.
I've seen them both again since and they still phreak the fuck out of me.
I didn't think Blair Witch was Freaky, just Fucked up. It only became famous because it was manufactured to be a cult movie. You don't make a movie and expected it to be a cult film. You make a decent film and it might become a cult classic if it makes the grade.

Seven - I wasn't ready for that, and without being to graphic (a lot was left to your imagination for the gore and blood) it just ripped at me in a visceral way. I wasn't sure I could watch it again, now I own the DVD.
Fight Club - Didn't totally see the ending coming. More importantly, I found myself relating to Ed Norton ahelluva lot, and to have a view of the world I am familiar with become so torn apart was refreshing and a little frightening and thoroughly enjoyalble. Didn't so much as freak me out as it just took my mind and twisted it.
I'll also give a nod to Primal Fear.
[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: TheLoveBandit ]

without a doubt, jacobs ladder. the entire film is one big rush of fear and horror.
try it trippen.

natural born killers
Vanilla Skys
there just fucked up movies
Scary ones:
13 ghosts, i loved it, but it was pretty messed up.

Funny Games. I've seen movies that were 50 times more violent than this, but for some reason this just works on that particular level where you're shocked and horrified.
On a kinda different note, the Exorcist (the old version) played backwards to Slayer is pretty fuckin' rad (yes, I can say rad here). I suggest you try it.

can't think of any GREAT ones at the moment but
Cube was an interesting movie.
and...A Clockwork Orange was kinda disturbing in it's own weird way.
maybe i'll think of more later