• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Your Favorite Quotes; Vs "I Have a Dream"

"Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Chinese Proverb

u7JjGOd.jpg

Courage isn't having the strength to go on, it is going on when you don't have the strength

-Napoleon Bonaparte

“When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you.”

Nietzsche

qft ^

Also, one of my favorites:

" In the end
these things matter most:
How well did you love?
How fully did you live?
How deeply did you let go? "

Buddha

I like that one, Smoky

There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in
order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but
by making the darkness conscious.

Carl Gustav Jung

I love that quote, it's so true ^

We need to integrate the pain, suffering… in order to heal - not push it aside or try to block it out.
I truly think without suffering there cannot be enlightenment. Of course there are many levels personal to each individual.

~~
One day soon I'm gonna tell the moon about the crying game
And if he knows maybe he'll explain

Why there are heartaches, why there are tears
And what to do to stop feeling blue
When LOVE disappears
~~

"You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here." Alan Watts

"The highest form of human intelligence is to observe yourself without judgement." Krishnamurti

Thanks for introducing me to Krishnamurti, Smoky. Brilliant man

Absolutely.

If you scroll back on this thread, you'll see I posted that one too, one of my favorites. :) He was spot on, Krishnamurti.

Alan Watts had much insight. I used to just listen to his talks online.

" When we attempt to exercise power or control over someone else, we cannot avoid giving that person the very same power or control over us."

~ Alan Watts

"Character is what you do when nonones looking"

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

"I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep."

Spongebob

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
Tyler Durden:

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.
~Tyler Durden:

And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.
~Narrator:

Tyler Durden: It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.
Narrator: There's always that.

Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave.
~Narrator

Last edited:
Oh, Love this…. he has much insight. I remember that scene specifically.

" If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person ?"

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, serif]Chuck P[/FONT]

Absolutely.

If you scroll back on this thread, you'll see I posted that one too, one of my favorites. :) He was spot on, Krishnamurti.

Alan Watts had much insight. I used to just listen to his talks online.

" When we attempt to exercise power or control over someone else, we cannot avoid giving that person the very same power or control over us."

~ Alan Watts

and this is why VM...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smokey

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat. Life is a level of complexity that almost lies outside our vision; it is so far beyond anything we have any means of understanding that we just think of it as a different class of object, a different class of matter; 'life', something that had a mysterious essence about it, was God given, and that's the only explanation we had. The bombshell comes in 1859 when Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species. It takes a long time before we really get to grips with this and begin to understand it, because not only does it seem incredible and thoroughly demeaning to us, but it's yet another shock to our system to discover that not only are we not the centre of the Universe and we're not made by anything, but we started out as some kind of slime and got to where we are via being a monkey. It just doesn't read well.
  • Douglas Adams. The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time. New York: Random House, 2002, 135–136.