• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I kicked everything, the codeine and the kratom. I still get bodyaches from fibromyalgia that I have, so now I just take California Poppy (which doesnt do a whole lot, but at least it helps a bit).

The PAWS I didnt really get, and its been aboot 8 weeks since my last kratom batch. I do miss kratom a bit though, its a wonderful little plant

Thats awesome!!! I hope to be right there with you in a month or so.:D

Just did about 15g of Ultra Red Indo using the OJ method. Still queasy. But I'll update as far as the effects are.

can you tell me if this one is any good please Red Bourneo Kratom Leaf ? as its very cheap and i fancy giving it ago :)

I've tried kratom several times, from several sources (liquid, leaf, and capsules) but never really noticed any definite effect. I've read that, excluding extracts, you will only feel something similar to 10 mg hydrocodone or 60 mg codeine, which I wouldn't barely notice. Has this been your experience? It seems most kratom users are using it to get clean from opiates, & I'm sure their effects would be different due to kratom relieving their withdrawals (kind of how a cigarette feels so great when you're in nicotine withdrawal, but for a non-smoker it's no big deal).

I enjoy kratom for what it is. I have never been dependant on opiods however I do use oxy/hydro once a month and have so for almost one and a half years. Maybe I just have strange body chemistry because I can take 1.5 teaspoons of plain leaf and get comparable effects to 20mg hydrocodone. One teaspoon of plain leaf with a 1/4 teaspoon of powdered extract will give me a buzz similar to (if not better) than 15mg oxycodone. I shoud note that if I'm doing kratom or opiods I always add in a couple vapor hits of cannabis.

Cutting back my daily kratom use right now, and it's a bitch. Short version: withdrawals occur just as they do with other opiates. Kratom is not a free ride to Funland. Most of us know this, but for those who don't--beware.

I hadn't heard of a shortage but noticed a lot of "sold out" strains on my vendor's site. Glad I'm not nursing a huge habit right now!

Thank you for the information.

Currently using trams (abt. 250-300 mg, daily) to stop oxy w/d (G.D. Doc put me on them - knowing my history). Want to stop taking trams, Can I start taking Kratom same day (abt. 12 hours after last tram dose) or should I wait until the next day? Anything to be concerned abt. (tram/kratom) [this] mix? Have lots of trams but don't like them. Long time opiate user (started in '68)...kinda like an old dog with no teeth...

Woof!

Does anyone have any experience with the tinctures of kratom? I usually just stick to standard Thai capsules and was curious about the liquid form.

Does anyone remember the Forbes article back in February titled "The Kratom Experiment Begins"? Well the results are in, he didn't post it to Forbes but to his own blog, since he accepted free samples, and being paid by Forbes believed it would be unethical to print it there. Read it for yourself:
http://www.daviddisalvo.org/the-daily-brain
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by his opinion, hopefully it carries some weight out there...

My first experience with kratom. I used to be addicted to h pretty bad until about 8 months ago. Recently I got a kidney stone and the pain was so bad I went to the hospital and was prescribed painkillers. So, after I ran out of the prescription I was still craving the opiate high again, but didn't want to start doing opiates again and I'd read about Kratom. I did about 10-20mg of oxycodone per day for about a week and a half and then 30mg for 3 days and haven't taken anything in 2-3weeks. I got Bali kratom in capsules and took about 6g,I felt a little something, but not really much. I'm wondering if I should bother taking more, since it's already so many capsules at once, if I take 10-15g would I feel more? I figured since I haven't taken anything in weeks and my habit was not all that bad or for very long that I wouldn't need much kratom. I'm also wondering if my previous opiate addiction history is the reason I don't feel much off 6g. Is it worth it for me to keep trying the kratom at higher doses or should I try a different strain? Also has it ever caused any anxiety for anyone? I feel like it may be giving me some anxiety right now, I took it about 4 hours ago.

Bali shouldnt cause anxiety as it is one of the more sedating strains. If you do decide to redose i would suggest emptying the capsules into a bottle with a bit of o.j. shake and chug. IME kratom hits you alot harder when not in capsules. On a side note Im on day 2 off of kratom after using about an ounce a day for 6 months and with the help of a bit of etizolam, lope, and alot of bench presses and sexual intercourse I feel pretty darn good.

idk about you. i have gotten thai, bali, maeng da, malay, blends of those, extracts, ect.. and it always just feels the same, just in different strengths. the strength of the leaf isnt defined by the strain, but rather by the technique and care of how the grower gave to his plants.

i miss kratom. it is legit when you get it from a good source.

While the strength of the leaf isnt defined by the strain the characteristic of the high most certainly is, IME anyway. For me things like bali and red vein borneo feel very much like opiates and can help me relax and get some sleep while strains like maeng da and green malay have a very slight opiate feel to them but are much more stimulating. The only exceptions are super strong extracts like UEI which have a very strong opiate feel to them while also being very stimulating.

Last edited:
The next day I took 16g and I did feel a mild opiate-like high but was so nauseous from it I didn't really enjoy it. I might try that extract or not the capsules. Had to take 32 which was a pain, so maybe drinking with oj would be better.

You were probably more nauseous from the 32 capusles than the kratom itself. Before trying extracts give regular leaf another shot, its hits you so much harder when it's not in capsules(especially when mixed with OJ:)). Extracts are nice but they are much more expensive. I could spend x amount of money and get enough extract to last a week or spend that same amount of money on good quality leaf that would last me 2 weeks. Not to mention several weeks on those strong extracts and your tolerance will be through the roof.

Last edited:
When it comes to kratom, less is better.

When I was using regularly I didnt take more then 3 to 5 grams at once

Im interested in trying kratom first thing in the morning. I always wake up with morning back pain and I think the mood boost from kratom would do me good. I know tolerance is developed to the euphoric properties of kratom. But what about the painkilling aspects? I only need a one or two hours of effectiveness.

Last edited:
I thought I'd share my experience of my mild addiction to and withdrawal from kratom over the past three weeks. I have no prior history of addiction save for cigarettes, and my intake of those was limited and quitting relatively painless. Although familiar with several different opiates, my usage had always been very infrequent.

My usage of kratom up until three weeks ago had been virtually daily (only 1 to 3 days off per month) since September or October.. However, I only ever dosed one time per day, at night, using a sedating Bali or Indo. Indeed, the idea of dosing multiple times per day was never enticing or even considered. Extracts were only ever used on several occasions, and always in conjunction with plain leaf. Having taken days off for various reasons before, I knew what that day of withdrawal felt like: Fatigue. A feeling throughout the entire body I suppose could be described as "chills," but different from and not as bad as the often-compared-to flu chills are. Inability to sleep more than 5 hours that night. Some RLS, but not extreme. Heightened emotionality (and not necessarily in a bad way, indeed moments of happiness or awe are magnified more than negative emotions and were tear-inducing at times). None of these symptoms appreciably interfered with daily functioning, however.

Although I only ever used once a day, I quit because I came to realize that I was shutting out parts of my life so that I could drift off into kratom-land at night. My friends were increasingly neglected, and my partner too (including sexually all too often, kratom pretty much demolishes my libido). Kratom for me is a very solitary drug, and I have always associated the experience with being at home, by myself or only with my partner. Whenever I would be invited out or asked what I was doing, I would often turn it down with some poor excuse. On the occasions that I would decide to do something else at night, the choice was often agonizing... getting me out my door or to avoid my house altogether was a remarkably difficult task.

Upon pushing forward in days without kratom, the mild withdrawals remained just that: mild. The physical aspects were virtually over by day 4, and in the days prior were easily masked by exercise or etizolam (which I obtained a bit of for withdrawal and used 1mg of for three nights, granting me a solid 8 or 9 hours of sleep each night!). As others have noted in other threads, usage multiple times per day (which also seems correlated with prior opiate addiction...) is what really seems to be set off bad withdrawals for people with this plant, if kept to once daily and using only plain leaf I expect that my experience lies somewhere in the middle of the bell-curve as far as intensity of withdrawal goes.

The psychological pull, however, is very powerful. As I noted prior, my behavior and personality changed quite dramatically once I reached daily use of the plant (a process that took several years, with long, long breaks in between use). Night time was kratom-time and mostly alone-time. Undoubtedly the wintertime also contributed to being able to easily fall into this pattern - I become more of a recluse and frequently depressed every winter, but never to the extent of this winter, and clearly the kratom compounded that tendency! Since quitting, I have been rekindling friendships, my relationship, finding new activities, exercising much more, going out more, etc.

After ten days without kratom, I took a tiny bit one night. It felt great, and my tolerance was way down. Today, almost 2 weeks after, I have taken a little bit again. I am hoping greatly that with the beauty and energy of the spring and summer, that I will be able to use this plant more sparingly. I am taking steps in my life to expand my horizons socially and personally, which I feel will help greatly in that process. But I still have the clarity to call a spade a spade: I have used kratom twice after quitting it and wanting to quit it because I saw how it was negatively affecting me.

Total sobriety has always been a very difficult thing for me, scarcely a day has gone by since my teenage years that hasn't included some sort of substance use even if its just alcohol or marijuana. Even though I've never been one to use all the time and do not feel that my use has ever been a problem that threatens my daily functioning or growth as an individual, I do find a strong psychological pull towards intoxication that is hard to resist. Kratom is a relatively benign substance (and also one which I enjoy very much!) which I believe I can incorporate responsibly and sparingly into my life as long as other things remain the focus of life. I guess we'll see where it goes from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.