• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Etizolam Powder - Dosing - Experimental encapsulation

Bremerton

Greenlighter
This is my first post on this forum and any forum for that matter. If I do anything wrong forgive me.

I am planning on acquiring 250mg of etizolam powder in a couple weeks. I have scoured forums reading as much as I can about dissolving it into a solution that can be ingested orally. Due to the lack of solubility and from what I have read it is best to mix a solution of 1mg/mL. Since I will be administering this orally I believe ethanol or isopropanol would be best. The reason I wish to use these solvents is because of it's low evaporation temperature. Theoretically I could dose the liquid on a wafer cookie and let it evaporate. This way I am not ingesting ethanol or worse yet (yuck) isopropanol. Even if they are in "safe" amounts.

I started this thread because I would like to hear suggestions for encapsulation techniques that I may be able to experiment with. I really don't want to travel with a bottle everywhere I go to administer a dose. I do not own a milligram scale. Obviously propylene glycol or alcohol would dissolve empty capsules. I myself have an idea and if you don't have one yourself maybe you can consider mine and let me know your thoughts on it and if you think it is feasible.

My idea is to use isopropanol and low heat to mix a solution of 1mg/mL. Then use evaporation to reduce the solution to 11mg/mL. At 22 drops from a dropper /mL that would equal 0.5mg/drop. At that point I can cut construction paper into 500 1cm squares and place one drop on each one leaving them to dry. After drying, carefully fold each paper and stuff each one into it's own empty capsule.

Would the solution lose it's solubility as I started to reduce it; even if I started with 1mg/mL to start and evaporated it down AFTER it had already been mixed? Thank you and I look forward to any ideas for experimental encapsulation.

etizolam should be very soluble in alcohols, 100mg/ml+

just be careful evaportaing the alcohol as it's a fire hazard. and be sure to calibrate your dropper. don't assume a drop from a dropper is going to be a certain amount as all droppers are different.

sounds like too much work. this is what i do; i drop etiz in pg/ethanol onto snacks or put them in my drinks before i head out somewhere. impossible to detect and works fine. And no one suspects anything. I usually go 2-4mg/ml so a small snack has no trouble absorbing half a ml or even a full ml. I actually dissolve my etiz in a pg/ethanol banana extract so it even tastes great.

i guess the construction paper thing would work but then people see you poppin pills in public or wherever, which is why lacing your own drinks/snacks with etiz works better IMO.

I have seen many posts on people mixing this and with alcohol people range from 1mg/mL to 2.5mg/mL. Are you certain it would be fine up to 100mg/mL? I would surely calibrate the dropper with alcohol as alcohol is thinner than water. :D Evaporation would take place outside in a hot water bath 500 feet from any ignition sources. Thank you for the input. If 100mg/mL is easily achieved than my experiment should be more than successful.

I personally would find it an inconvenience myself. I wouldn't want my "drink" to get into the wrong hands if I was in public. Especially someone with a very low body weight. Also I would feel safer if they were in a push down to turn container with a label of "Etizolam 0.5mg" in case of accidental ingestion for identification and poison control reasons. Also I may not be hungry or thirsty wanting to consume any calories at that moment. If I were vacationing at my friends house (which I do often) she would question why I was taking a dropper and dropping liquid on my food. I suppose I could dose a couple dozen cookies ahead of time but that would be a lot of cookies. And what if she wanted to eat one? I'd rather have a pocket full of pills than a backpack full of cookies. But to each their own. Thank you for your post. :D

I once did something similar with beta-PEA while I was on selegiline. I mixed it with apple juice, and kept it in a special container in my fridge. It hits quick, so I'd sip on it and dose slowly and carefully. I apparently mis-measured once, or took too big of a sip, because I fall asleep, and suddenly wake up extremely high with a HR in the 200's while lying down. Scary stuff. I was afraid I would die.

That made me extremely leery about mixing things with food.

I figured I would have more responses to this question. Well I have acquired the chemical and capsules. I successfully was able to make a 4mg/mL solution of etizolam/Isopropanol and also got a very small syringe that will accurately draw up .25 mL. I tried filling the caps with baking soda, sugar, etc. (as filler) and then dropped .25ml inside the cap so it would mix with the powder. It's not working that great so I have another idea. What if I put 50 grams of baking soda directly into the 55 mL solution of 4mg/mL alcohol / etiz? I then let that paste dry while stirring. Would I then have an evenly cut powder which would be easy to work with? Quick responses are appreciated. :)

Last edited:
How do you know your etizolam is evenly spread (suspended?) in your solution? Not questioning you just asking. And how did you measure 4mg without an electronic scale? I would like to be able to safely use etizolam to deal with side effects of methylphenidate and modafinil but the tiny dosage keeps me away and I use etaqualone instead but it's not cost-effective.

I am at a friends house under the influence of ethanol so don't take me too seriously until I post again at a sober date... The way I measured is volumetrically. I received exactly 250 mg of pure etizolam powder. I mixed the entire 250mg of etizolam in 62.5 mL of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Had I mixed 250 mg of powder in 250 mL of alcohol I would have a ratio of one milligram per milliliter. Instead I chose to divide 250 mL by four. So by dissolving 250 mg into 62.5 mL that would yield a potency of 4 mg/mL. Get the math? I mixed it in one of those little 8 ounce plastic pomegranate bottles with a screw on cap. I saw it looked a bit "snowy" (I am nearsighted). I lightly shook it while sealed in front of a fan forced heater. I would guess that I got the suspension around 78* F. After swirling for a few minutes all "snowflakes" were gone. even when I let my bottle sit for a day I still see no participates. It is perfectly suspended. I bet it can get even more potent if wished. If you need some help with this project and how to be safe with it send me a PM. I am no chemist but I think I have a good grasp on what I am doing. I don't even have to shake my suspension before dosing. The 99% iso seems to keep it very well evenly distributed. I am going to stop typing now as my ethanol intoxication probably makes me look like an idiot right now. :)

I think everyone here knows how it is to be affected by alcohol, so dont worry so much:p
I usually measure out 1000mg on my cheap DX mg-scale, dump that in a 250ml glass bottle made for acetone, with the help og a HDPE? funnel.
Then i pour PHARMA-CLEAN acetone around in the funnel to make sure i get all the etiz-powder down in to the bottle with the acetone. (about 150-200ml)
Then i do the "shake":p (usually with the song "shake, shake, shake" in my head:p) until i am overly sure it all is dissolved properly.
Then i measure out 500g potato-starch(that has 0.1% of some kind of fat in it), put it in a pyrex dish, pour over the acetone/etiz-solution, and STIR IT UNTIL TOTALLY DRIED.

This way i have not noticed ANY differences in potency, and can use my capsule machine to pack "1"-size gelcaps, with a tamper to pack it good,
and they will end up having exactly 490-510mg of the final potato-starch-etiz mix in them, wich equals 1mg per capsule:)

with basic math u can of course turn the potency/weight to your liking;)

I did what you propose years ago, only it was with phenazepam, 1 mg / capsule, with IPA and I applied it to joint rolling papers which you could most likely improve on. Because I had to be careful not to overwet the paper, and took multiple rounds to achieve the correct dosage. Depending on the method this might have improved some measuring accuracy for me though, but it probably also depends on what you use to measure your solution. For example if there is a micropipet available, one can afford to use paper with low absorbency but a solution of high concentration.

The few times I took the phenazepam the result was nothing out of the ordinary regarding potency expectations, but I came to dislike the stuff almost immediately and even had a paradoxical reaction to it when I underdosed on it and freaked out on a not so smart combination of an oral synthetic cannabinoid the day after tramadol - to be fair I have heard that cannabinoids, including natural ones - can increase the chance of paradoxical reactions to benzo's. Alright sorry, slipping off-topic there.