• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

This is really hard @!! I have been on Methadone, only 20mg for 10 years and last week decided I wanted to start to taper off this stuff as it has really ruined alot of my life
with its nasty side effects. I know 20mg does not sound like much but I do not tolerate medications well and small milligrams have a huge effect on me. My idea was to start
by getting prescribed my month supply in 5mg tablets and reduce my dose by 1.25mg and maybe do this for an entire month if necessary. Two days into this and I cannot believe how
horrible I feel, stomach cramps, horrible fatigue, moodiness, I just can't imagine that 1.25mg is that big a jump for ANYBODY to make. One of the reasons I want off this stuff is I was
finally tested for low testosterone and I barely registered, I have been on Test injections since Mid May and my Test level is back to normal but I require a shot per week and I really
don;'t want to do this the rest of my life and I have read where continued opiod use can cause Low T. I just had to write in and see if anybody else is that sensitive to methadone
when coming off in such small increments.

Thanks

I just want to clarify my plan is to take up to 20 months to get off this drug.

Last edited:
^
That's a good plan. The tablets are great for tapering , Switching from tablets to liquid is crap but the other way around is great!

And someone asked if there is such a thing as a WD'less detox , there is IME it's a slow methadone taper. I tapered down from 80 to 0 in about 10 and no withdrawals. Couldn't have done it without medical assistance however.

RLS is absolutely terrible, I'm laying on my living room couch, it's about 630 am, kicking around like a fucking mule. Worst part is im only half through my first 24hrs of withdrawal

RLS is absolutely terrible, I'm laying on my living room couch, it's about 630 am, kicking around like a fucking mule. Worst part is im only half through my first 24hrs of withdrawal
Go to a health food store and try to score some calcium ascorbate (Vitamin C) 1,000 mg pills or capsules. Then take 1 to 2 grams every hour or so, and you'll get rid of most of your withdrawals.

Remember though, regular vitamin C (ascorbic acid) doesnt work. It'll give you diarrhea at those high dosages

Go to a health food store and try to score some calcium ascorbate (Vitamin C) 1,000 mg pills or capsules. Then take 1 to 2 grams every hour or so, and you'll get rid of most of your withdrawals.

Remember though, regular vitamin C (ascorbic acid) doesnt work. It'll give you diarrhea at those high dosages

Reallly? I know Vitamin C can't hurt when you're in withdrawal, but resolve most of the symptoms?

Reallly? I know Vitamin C can't hurt when you're in withdrawal, but resolve most of the symptoms?
I use it every time for codeine withdrawal. For me it takes care of about 90% of withdrawals. I still feel it a bit, but nowhere near to what I would feel without the Vit C.

And I take a shitload of codeine too. 800mg daily is about standard for me.

You have to play around with the vitamin dosages somewhat. 800mg daily codeine habit for me takes around 1 to 2 grams of Vit C every hour or so. I would imagine for something like heroin it would take somewhere between 2 and 4 grams of Vit C every hour.

Just figure out what the right dosage is for you, write it down and then you know for next time

Yeah vit c don't do fuck all for heroin withdrawals.

And yes I tried it.

Yeah vit c don't do fuck all for heroin withdrawals.

And yes I tried it
Did you take calcium ascorbate and not ascorbic acid??
And if so, how many grams of Vit. C did you take per hour??

This was a while ago, I took which ever one doesn't make you shit loads.

And munched at least 2+ grams an hour. Which was fucking horrible to do. But then I got to a point where I just threw it all up as I was clucking quite hard not cus of the bit c but because I was clucking.

Didn't do a thing.

Never went proper cod turkey off heroin but my years habit of oxys, morhphine, DHC, Tramadol. In other words anything I coud get my hands on semi legally online, I did get off cold turkey (no money! empty apartment) but it was horrendous. The RS kils, the terrible terrible nightmares of fucked up things happening to my wife and brother. Then 12 days without seep, it's awful and that was only semi prescribed crap. Usually snorted boofed or bombed, never IV'd or smoked. So god knows what you lot go through and how? You do have my sympathies and my best wishes.

I've relapsed since but only on DHC, codeine, and some dodgy antihistamine to potentiate it. Stil the last two nightss I've woken up wanting to shit my pants lol sweating like a bastard. I've felt generally bad but I've also had a boat load of etzies, Eph and lopermide to help.

I'm not some Dr but I'd strock up on lots of etzies or the stronger flubromopazam, as well as some EPH or some stimulant to keep your mood up and you active. Oh and get loads of lopermide, works a treat too!

I know it might seem from outside it's bad to substituent substances but personally I can usualy say no' to the others if I'm determined but if I'm in pain, and feel sick I'm gonna go straight back to the opiates. I think I'l be clean of opiates by Thanksgiving. :) Fingers crosssed.

This was a while ago, I took which ever one doesn't make you shit loads.

And munched at least 2+ grams an hour. Which was fucking horrible to do. But then I got to a point where I just threw it all up as I was clucking quite hard not cus of the bit c but because I was clucking.

Didn't do a thing
Thats odd, cause I heard it works for every opiate. Maybe there was something you didnt do right.

http://www.thebigpitcher.org/2010/1...in-c-megadosing-heroin-cocaine-cack-meth-etc/

According to Dr. Schauss severe heroin addicts need to take almost 1/4 a pound of Vit. C per day

So when your vomiting how do you keep the vit c down?
Maybe try taking the Vit. C in capsules instead of loose powder??

Also, you wanna start the Vit. C just as your withdrawals are about to start. Like right that second!! If you wait till you're already an hour or two into WD you might not be able to stop the vomiting. Thats just a suggestion though.

All I know is Vit. C works for me and for a bunch of my friends who tried it. But that was mostly for oxycontin and codeine addicts, and we require lower dosages then hardcore heroin users

Not mentioned plugging for a while. You could plug your vit C, then you won't puke it out. But you may well shit it out.

I plugged Berocca once. Seemed OK :)

just had some flu sachet with paracetomol, vit c, and phenylephrine whatever that is, dealing with a tripple whammy at the moment of bupe reductions, flu, and modafinil tolerance. What a bastard set of circumstances this is, i did it to myself, apart from the flu thing.

edit from wiki: Phenylephrine is a selective α1-adrenergic receptor agonist used primarily as a decongestant, as an agent to dilate the pupil, and to increase blood pressure.

Fucks sake, why did they put something in it that increases blood pressure. I dont think thats gonna be very helpfull. 8(

yeah, thats one symptom i havent got though. I'll stop moaning now, i think it was pregabalin that has switched my mood back up just like a switch, or maybe it was that flu drink, but feeling miles better now anyway.

High dose loperamide! I know it's been stated...but 20-100 mg will negate almost all withdrawal symptoms....take it in smaller doses for a week or two, tapering down to nothing......easy and cheap. And more effective than anything else! Take some magnesium citrate, ie a couple grams, to avoid getting plugged up, and it also works a treat on RLS and anxiety. You can avoid the vast majority of WD symptoms with these two.....a few benzos, phenibut, or pregabalin and some weed and you won't even know you are withdrawing. Serious!

i cant tell today what has helped me most as a took a flu drink with vitamin c and phenylephrine and paracetomol at the same time as a pregabalin. About half an hour later it was like a switch had been turned on, and my mood and wellbeing was lifted by about 90 %. It was the suddenness of the change that really surprised me. Ive allways liked pregabalin, so far ive managed to avoid taking it too regularly, but i swear that stuff relieves physical symptoms and gives a huge mood boost. It has a simillar addiction/dependency profile to benzos, i dont want to add a 5th substance to complete a fine collection of addictions if i can help it.