• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

I know reactions to gabapentin and pregabalin are very much user-dependent so reports do vary a lot. It basically gets you high, or it doesn't. I fall in the latter camp; after three days I feel fuck all from it, although it does help potentiate tramadol to a degree. But YMMV and all that.

True, I wouldn't depend on pregablin or gabapentin to save my clucking ass if I'd never used them before, that could be dissappointing.

loprimide(sp) isa an opiate it binds to the mu receptors so will obvciously helpp with WD's but u need x5 dose at lease and only for a short period'
best way is as ive said alraedy if you are clean from methadone for at least 3-4 weeks then a taqper is easy starting at say 70mg as that will hold most people and dropping by 5mgs eachh day (the 1st 2 days are a little uncomforetable valium help) s0:
day1 70mg,2,65mg,3,60mg.4,55mg, 5 50mg, 6,45nmg,7,40mg, 8 35mg,9, 30mg,10,25mg,11 20mg,12,15mg,13 10mg 14 5mg you can then taper for 2-3 days by going down 2mg's but tbh i never get past 5 or 2.5 as cash in the pocket turn back in to smack tokens.

Thanks people <3 I'm having a night off tonight but I'll get your info added to the Summary soon enough!

How do you mean wcote? Do you mean "getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is the hard part"?

Because this thread is not about staying clean. It's about coping with the symptoms which arise when you cease use of the drug. I want to talk about coping with withdrawals, that's all. Pure and simple harm reduction - reducing the harm of withdrawal symptoms.

Nice thread, Knock :)

Sadly I have little to add. Most of my clucks have been CT and just putting up with it. I always found getting a games console in to distract me for the endless, interminable hours and days helped loads but am guessing most folks here ain't at the level of junkydom when they don't have a pot to piss in so probably have such things anyway.

Other than that, I always found a tapering plan over a fortnight or so with codeine/DHC + diaz/temaz to be about as good as it gets. Didn't have access to most of the other stuff mentioned here back in me junkydom days so can't really comment on such things.

One thing I would advise against is antihistamines - Nytol and the like. At least high doses of 'em. Found out that they are also delierients the hard way during a particularly vicious cluck. Oopsies. Don't try that one at home, kiddies ;)8o8(

Will return if I remember owt else but basically I iz hardcore so just dealt with it - ya fukkin pussies ;)<3

Nytol at high doses is fucking scary. Not nice visuals urggghh avoid at all times. 8(

I ate a whole pack. Spent the next... dunno how long but quite some considerable time being torn apart by giant birds and stuff. Kinda felt like I was Godzilla in an endless loop of Godzilla movies only losing to each set of invading monsters and never winning. And unfeasibly real. So real each lump of torn flesh hurt like a motherfukker. Delirium is rarely recreational but I can assure you delirium + heroin w/d + paroxetine w/d = no fun at all :|

Does anyone have any methods to deal with rebound pain? Like previous injuries or whatever coming back really strongly because of stopping opiates. My neck injury is acting up really really bad because of the WDs, the muscles are so tense I can't move my head properly and I finished all my temazepam yeseterday :( any tips would be *very* welcome...!

Tiger balm. Not to all tastes but I always found it helpful for muscular pains. Just keep it away from any sensitive areas 8o

Yeah? Kay great thank you <3 I'll look for some tomorrow.

tbalm2.gif

Can't argue with the sentiment and I've always found it helpful.

Hope it helps some <3

If not there are a million potential other uses for it I'm sure. All demz tigerz can't be wrong.

Hahah well I mean come on, it's a bloody flying tiger, if that doesn't help I don't know what will...
No but yeah thanks :) at this point it's certainly worth trying at least.

Don't knock it til ya tried it. Is bloody good for aches. Eased me through many a sore 'n' sweaty night.

Compare...

NSFW:
TIGER_BALM_OINTMENT_FOR_SYMPTOMATIC_RELIEF_OF.jpg

... contrast...

NSFW:
voltarol-emulgel100g.jpg

Worth buying on quality packaging if nothing else =D

(but it actually does work too)

Yeah I have to admit one of those is slightly more appealing =D there's just something about rubbing a majestic pouncing creature on your skin that...er...8(
No but seriously, thanks, I'll go buy some in the morning and fingers crossed.

They sell tiger balm in boots.

Also a TENS machine is very good for muscle pain :)

Oh do they? Great great. I've spoken to my doctor about a TENS machine in the past but he said it wouldn't be appropriate for what I had, not quite sure why :\

I'm guessing cos electric shocks and nerve damage is a slightly hair-raising proposition, Pagey :D

Every chemist in the land sells tiger balm. Is cheap too. Basically glorified Vick's Vapor Rub but it does help. And every little...