• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Hydrocodone (80mg) - First Experience With Drugs

Are you sure you're not interpreting the dose 5-500 mg wrong? If you got that idea from the pills you extracted it means that a pill contains 5 mg hydrocodone and 500 mg APAP, not that 5 up to 500 is the suggested dosage range. Maybe I'm not giving you enough credit but the way you are writing 5-500 makes me want to ask.
A better way to write this is 5/500.

Also you cannot really casually use the LD50 value to choose a dosage for the very first time you take heavy medication. It is the dose at which 50% of tested subjects die. But at what dose do 25% die, or 10% ? Don't make assumptions like that.

Paranoia or delusions or things of the sort can IIRC be a result of opiate overdose, either acute or chronic.

Are you sure you're not interpreting the dose 5-500 mg wrong? If you got that idea from the pills you extracted it means that a pill contains 5 mg hydrocodone and 500 mg APAP, not that 5 up to 500 is the suggested dosage range. Maybe I'm not giving you enough credit but the way you are writing 5-500 makes me want to ask.
A better way to write this is 5/500.

Also you cannot really casually use the LD50 value to choose a dosage for the very first time you take heavy medication. It is the dose at which 50% of tested subjects die. But at what dose do 25% die, or 10% ? Don't make assumptions like that.

Paranoia or delusions or things of the sort can IIRC be a result of opiate overdose, either acute or chronic.

Hey man where did you read that seeing stuff and paranoia is an overdose? I'd love to read about it because it happens to me all the time and I'm a avid needle user. Not saying its bs I just wanna read because I had no idea it could be that! That bro pm me?

You guys talking about this being lethal has me scared now. Is it only if you took 80mg all at once? What if you took two separate 40mg doses about 3 hours apart? I'm pretty opiate naive. I'm not nauseous or anything.

You guys talking about this being lethal has me scared now. Is it only if you took 80mg all at once? What if you took two separate 40mg doses about 3 hours apart? I'm pretty opiate naive. I'm not nauseous or anything.
80mg of hydrocodone is not enough to cause a fatal overdose even in people with no opiate tolerance. I'd expect a fair amount of nausea & vomiting though.

Still it's always very important to really understand what you're supposed to take with opiates, because overdosing is a very real concern. The OP came to the conclusion that codeine and hydrocodone are the same, but they are absolutely not, hydrocodone is much more potent.