• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What did you want to be when you 'grew up'?

batsman bowler wicketkeeper and I could run some mad drinks when I got made 12th man for getting up to mischief or not turning up to training
haha, i can relate. I used to rock up to the matches scat as. The coach was never happy until i took at least one wicket

the coach was never happy when I rocked up wasted and fine leg and third man were both so fine they could have been my short stops :\
LOL. I always had a very fine "fine leg" coz i used to bowl outswing and when i fucked up it always went down legside. Shit man, i really miss those days. I had the chance to go on and do something special but i fucked it all up by using.

Who says I'm not a Jaffa? ;)

mmm jaffas.

18648193_1_xnl.jpg

when i was a kid I wanted to be a pilot!! . . . when I was a teenager I somehow thought working for 7 cents an hour in a shop would be the way to go. Well I went with neither and im happy (most of the time!)

A millionaire, it was a total obsession, got free condoms at a local clinic.and sold them $3 each at school. Buy food at the canteen and pull it out during class and sell it to the highest bidder. And after school run home filled my bucket and washed car windows at the traffic lights.

I wanted to be a marine biologist or a paleontologist as a young child. Then into my early teens I got mixed up and wanted to be a skateboarder, musician, writer etc. It wasn't until I was in my early-mid 20s when I was working as a lowly laborer that I decided to go study environmental sciences again ;)

Last time I played cricket I dropped acid & the ball had a lot of movement. 6, 4, 6, ribs, caught at 2nd slip & then I laid on the grass watching the ants

Hahaha, fuck that. Even fielding at fine leg would have been a struggle.

I once had too many buckets before a rugby game (nothing serious, just a college game) and was still giggling trying to feed the first scrum.

I couldn't remember so I asked my dad a while back. He claims I wanted to be a gardener. WTF
I think it was because I liked hanging out in the garden whilst he did stuff there.

I wanted to be a paleontologist from the age of 4, then at 15 I found geology really borring so I decided that I probably wouldnt make a very good paleontologist. I wanted to be an actress after that until about 17, when I found that most of the other people who wanted to be actors were wankers and decided that I didnt want to work with people like that for the rest of my life. It was about then I became interested in human geography, and I started watching the crime channel. Then at the end of HSC I decided I liked the sound of Criminology. I'm now currently undertaking my honours year in criminology focusing on drug research. And am currently doing part time work for a drug and alcohol research centre. So my fingers are crossed that I can stay on this path, because I like being paid to talk to interesting people, and I think being paid to read books I'm interested in and getting to hear the research of other people seems a pretty rad way to get paid.

As a child, I didn't have any idea what I wanted to be when I'd grow up. I can recall my school teachers—from kindergarten up until at least junior high—quizzing classes—one student at a time—about their adult aspirations and desired careers. As if being publicly discomfited by impossible surprise questions wasn't enough, classes would be occasionally given assignments on the topic.

Of course, some students responded to these ambush quizzes with prefabricated and vacuous answers as recourse, like fireman, policeman, teacher, engineer, etc.

Having to hear all these classmates' ready-made rejoinders confidently articulated with barely a femtosecond of forethought or hesitation, my anxiety and consternation only increased by an order of magnitude every step closer I came to being called on.

When finally my turn to tell the class my prospective career choice, I'd never opt for regurgitating the name of some archetypal blue-collar job (like a fireman or mechanic) or quixotic Hollywood-esque caricature of a scientist (like an archaeologist or paleontologist). Instead, I'd question the logic and purpose of asking adolescents a question even most adults would find themselves bemused by. If time permitted more detail, I'd rhetorically ask how many adults could claim to have the same job they imagined they would have as children.

However, understanding the absurdity and insignificance of the question didn't defend me from the poignant sense of being an insouciant loafer or ne'er-do-well who, unlike my career-oriented coevals, hadn't a clue what I'd want to be years hence.

Even now as a 20-year-old young man, I find myself suffering awfully from multipotentiality and ambivalence. If I could, and I had my druthers, I'd be a chemist, linguist, theoretical computer scientist, biologist, philologist, etymologist, sociobiologist, philosopher, logician, author, engineer, indologist, botanist, pharmacologist, and on and on.

I envy those people with specific and narrow interests. How easier it must be for them in our highly productivist society. Knowing precisely what one wants to achieve makes success come more swiftly than having million-and-one topics of interest amongst which one is equally passionate and adept.

It's unfortunate that the polymath or even modestly-deft jack-of-all-trades is less valued than a the deep and narrow acumen of the cognoscente.

haha yeah your right it does sound like that... well to be honest research and drug use does have an interesting history... furthermore, there is no such thing as a criminologist who has never committed a criminal activity in their life, I'm sure every criminologist at the very least has jay-walked at some point.

NFL player

but i was too lazy to go to practice in middle school so that ended pretty quickly.

though i got to enjoy being the king of backyard football

Definitely not a lost depressive addict sailing around the Sargasso Sea. Round and round and round

Always wanted to be a rocket surgeon growing up.

Professional alcohol tester. I've got it all down pat except for being Professional, and getting paid for it.

When I first learned to read, I was given a rhyming book that listed the different professions. I chose pizza maker.