• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

Yeah I never crush the pills. Pointless, they dissolve in water within 10 mins. Generic pills are quicker...

Ill check the time lapse out shortly.

The first few times I performed CWE I crushed the pills but I quickly worked out it was absolutely pointless.

Most formulations I have dealt with will dissolve easily if you pour 2-3mL of water per pill over them, wait 5-10 minutes and give them a decent stir.

I can't remember the last time I did codeine, it must be well over a year. After watching that video I kind of feel like making one. I think I might pick up a pack or two later in the week. :)

Most formulations I have dealt with will dissolve easily if you pour 2-3mL of water per pill over them, wait 5-10 minutes and give them a decent stir.

Aye. One of the reasons I stick it in a 92ml Kilner jar (jam jar) is so I can screw the lid on and then shake it all up which means I don't have to worry about slopping it around with a spoon. I might just be a bit lazy. But it also means I can get a good guess at how much water is in there without using other measuring techniques.

I can't remember the last time I did codeine, it must be well over a year. After watching that video I kind of feel like making one.

I quite like the subtlety of it at doses of around 200mg (I think it's 12.8mg per ibu/codeine tab, so 16 tabs = 204.8mg minus whatever I lose in the process or with fat fingers) and the general feeling of wellbeing. I quite like taking it on an empty stomach in the morning, or a couple of hours after breakfast, doing a few odd jobs around the house, start to feel the gradual buildup after 20 minutes and then taking a walk through the countryside for a couple of hours (while concentrating at times like crossing roads as that general feeling of wellbeing does make one slightly risk averse) - then after getting home flopping down on the sofa and have a gentle nod on it. I try to avoid using codeine more than once or twice a week as if I end up doing it every night I end up doing 400mg+ a pop at the end of the week and feeling that I'm not getting the best value out of it anymore. Then add into that a general moodiness and feeling of general illness for a few days after which I guess is a slight opiate withdrawal if I've been using it daily at higher doses.

I think I might pick up a pack or two later in the week. :)

Enjoy :)

Aye. One of the reasons I stick it in a 92ml Kilner jar (jam jar) is so I can screw the lid on and then shake it all up which means I don't have to worry about slopping it around with a spoon. I might just be a bit lazy. But it also means I can get a good guess at how much water is in there without using other measuring techniques.

Can't believe I never thought of that :/

What about just using a bottle? I tip my pills into a semi-filled water bottle. The cap is useful to avoid splashing chalk white water everywhere.

Though several paracetemol/codeine combo's go very bubbly when you shake it. Ibufrofen combo's can turn into sludge. Seriosuly the brand name products extract the best IMO. Panadeine extra is the best, 5 minutes to completely dissolve and, somehow, seems to yield greater codeine output.

in the opening post here it talks about a 'second wash'

what does that mean?

also I'm a little confused about the solubility figures

we want as little APAP/Ibuprofen to dissolve in the water as possible, but as much codeine as possible. So that means the colder the water the better, because less of the 'bad' substance dissolves, but more of the 'good' substance - Codeine - dissolves? Is that correct? But we don't want to use too much water because the larger the volume of water, the more 'bad' substance will dissolve into it?

so judging from the stats, dissolving the pills in as close to 0 degrees Celcius water is safest?

in the opening post here it talks about a 'second wash'

what does that mean?

also I'm a little confused about the solubility figures

we want as little APAP/Ibuprofen to dissolve in the water as possible, but as much codeine as possible. So that means the colder the water the better, because less of the 'bad' substance dissolves, but more of the 'good' substance - Codeine - dissolves? Is that correct? But we don't want to use too much water because the larger the volume of water, the more 'bad' substance will dissolve into it?

so judging from the stats, dissolving the pills in as close to 0 degrees Celcius water is safest?

Ok so when you grind up your tablets, combine with the cold water, you have your solution that you then pour into a wet coffee filter suspended above another cup.

Now when the solution drains into the cup your left with a mass of white stuff, binders, APAP/Ibuprofen etc, but there is still some codeine. Not all of it came through. So what you want to do is put it and some more cold water in another cup, mix it around like crazy and then filter it again. Apparently you can do this up to 2 times.

Re your other questions technically you want to use less water because this will lead to less APAP/Ibuprofen coming through. However when you do large batches you have to scale up and use more water or else it really won't dissolve the codeine. Worse case if you use more water is you have more bitter as hell codeine solution to drink.

and yes water that is around 2-3c is best. Use a thermometer.

^thanks Chugs

can I clarify, when it says APAP is soluble in '12.78mg/ml', does that mean that if you used 100ml of water, only around 128 mg of APAP will dissolve into the solution? If so, that seems like a safe dose to me

I'm worried about using paracetemol/APAP because of the risk of liver damage which is why I've been CWEing with Ibuprofen and will now try aspirin. I use coffee filters or a T-shirt

unfortunately I haven't had much luck so far, it doesn't seem to have an effect, and people have suggested it might be because I don't metabolise codeine properly

Hey guys just regarding the changes of codeine to prescription only, this decision was made by the AMA (AUS MED ASSOC).

This is the same board who saw no issue with bumping the non prescription dose from 12.8mg to 15mg a few years ago.

The decision is bullshit IMO. However there ya go.

I spoke to my gp about this and also some oharmacists. If you have a regular gp, make an appt NOW and tell them you use codeine if you do. Because its fun and all but also quite necessary for pain, Ive been using it for backache and burst dics along with lyrica.

Your gp needs you to tell them you use it BEFORE it goes prescription only or you will be likely seen as a drug seeker.

This sucks. As someone who uses codeine for non fun reasons, Im pretty annoyed I have to now earn the gp money and get an appt to get codeine.

I'm wondering if there might be a number of people regularly using codeine who might find themselves looking for a replacement once it goes script only. I've read the odd article in the news about a supposed hidden epidemic of (generally older, middle-aged) people becoming addicted to codeine containing pills.

Codeine might be at the lowest end of the scale in terms of opiate strength but it's still hard to break a habit. A possible and undesirable outcome could be people turning to stronger, illicitly purchased drugs (ie. heroin/fentanyl).

^That would be a horrible outcome. I think dependant peeps need to either speak to a doctor now akin to what zeph said or begin tapering.

That said, codeine withdrawal even from high doses is definitely manageable cold turkey but like all opiates it's not a load of laughs. Some pot, immodium and something sleepy are key.

I've been thru it many times so if anyone out there needs advice, please PM me.

Its perfectly reasonable to use codeine when you need to, I use it as I get a lot of back pain and it helps with flu etc.

Im worried people will accidently overdose on paracetamol as a result of mot being able to just pick up a packet of codeine.

There isnt a replacement. This is the stupid thing about going hard core against it.

You just need to tell your gp before the change and unfortunately get a script.

Its one of the most stupid things ever. Thing is if you are sick and can soldier on with codral then people go to work. If you need to get a script may as well get a med certificate and not bother going.

Two years later and I got something to add :)

So, my brother was something of a codeine fan and used to CWE a lot. He kept the sludge and would pack a whole lot together (the gunk of say 30 extractions) use shitloads of water (and time) to reconstitute, refilter many times and allow to evap, until he got it down to a clear and easily managed glassful- blah blah, we drank this stuff and it would get us ablsutely blasted. There is definitely codeine trapped in the sludgey shit, no doubt....:)

Note that my brother is an oddly focused and patient person....

^I really don't know why you quoted that.

Hy & Pete, in order to use quotes you have to place [/QUOTE] at the end of the sentence.

regards,

Winter

Lol for some reason my reply didn't show guess that looks stupid I was just wondering if its worth doing a second wash on the cwe

^Well, as I said, it can get you high if for some reason you keep a whole bunch of gunk left over from CWE's and carefully filter that shit :|, but I really would not reccommend that. You are seperating opiates from massive amounts of paracetemol which I strongly suspect exposes you to many more chances to get fuckloads in your solution and would be way more dangerous as a result.

I did sometime rewash a days worth of extractions if I was desperate but never really could tell if it worked or not. Not a good risk vs reward ratio here.