• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

^ they were around early 2000's if my memory's correct, maybe up untill 02/03?

I didn't believe it untill I tried it....... that was a happy day.

Ahhh... that actually pre-dates my use of codeine by a little bit, which explains why I never used them.

fuck those were the days.i wish i was using when they were around

Haha yeah!

These days there are some crazy tablets which have some kind of binder which turns into a gloopy gel that just sits in a filter and lets one drop go through every eight months or so:p

I only got those a couple of times in one of the generic brands, thankfully.

^damn. i'm glad i've never had the unfortunate experience having never purchased pills as such. pity we can't name generics just for the heads up.

if it gets to a point in time where they implement this with all codeine/apap combination pills i'll be having my dr to switch me from forte's to the 30mg pure codeine tablets available for prescription.

yeah, that's an "aye" here as well. some apap preps can be but simply adding a little extra water usually resolved that more often than not.

^ I've found the gluggyness moreso in ibu preparations.

yeah same here.when i use ibo products to get my codeine it clogs up the filter biiig time and the liquid is so milky (even if u do the cwe right) its too hard to tell if you fucked the extraction up or not.para products all the way :) dissolve faster certin brands of para+codeine have higher quality codeine IME and since they dont clog up the filter as much the extraction can be done faster.

yeah same here.when i use ibo products to get my codeine it clogs up the filter biiig time and the liquid is so milky (even if u do the cwe right) its too hard to tell if you fucked the extraction up or not.para products all the way :) dissolve faster certin brands of para+codeine have higher quality codeine IME and since they dont clog up the filter as much the extraction can be done faster.

Same here I avoid ibu products if I can. I've just gotten the idea to catalogue different brands based on their rates of dissolving in water and filtering time, some are a dream and seem to take no time while some seem to take a fair bit longer than others, I always just forget which is which because when it works I end up downing my stuff in excitement and completely forget about doing it :)

Just did the weirdest CWE ever! No matter what I could not get very much paracetamol in the filter.

These (24) have:
- Paracetamol 500mg
- Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg
- Codeine phosphate 6mg

I'm pretty much an expert on the CWE process and have done it probably >50 times, and this is the first time I've ever seen this. I noticed that when I put it through the coffee filter, only maybe 1/5 of the amount of white powder appeared. So I filtered it again until the solution was crystal clear (just like water) and still very very little paracetamol in the filter...

So I left it for a bit and came back and noticed that the powder in the filter was not the usual dull chalky type, but was more like salt crystals in many places. Wtf?

The only explanation I can think of is that somehow this is a different type of paracetamol that is much more soluble... or maybe in the presence of pseudo this changes?

Thoughts??

Last edited:
That much pseudo can't be good for you, and that's a tiny amount of codeine. I'd get some better tablets.

^ yeah, polluted mind, pseudo's very water soluble.

No wonder it was your 'weirdest ever'.

But to answer your question, no, haven't come across tabs that do that. If your using them in the future (not a good idea due to pseudo) might be an idea to weigh your product at the start, then weigh the dried up gunk in the coffee filter (once it's dry of course).

It will give you a better idea how much para you getting out of your cwe. Hopefully they weren't some type of rapid absorbed pills, I think the solubility of the para in these preparations is a bit different from the norm.

Hopefully they weren't some type of rapid absorbed pills, I think the solubility of the para in these preparations is a bit different from the norm.

Ah very good point, I threw the box out yesterday so cannot check, but they very well could've been. That makes perfect sense actually.

The reason I was using them is that I noticed when I took some for sinuses I was able to study better, but obviously didn't want to take many without getting rid of the para first, and figured because of pseudo's high solubility a CWE would work in getting a mixture of a not-so-large amount of codeine (small - well small for me - amounts of codeine actually make me more interested to study for some reason without getting you too high to retain information).

Definitely won't be doing it again though.

*Edit: just found the box, it's a generic so there isn't really much information on it, and none about rapid absorption. But it does say it has crospovidone/povidone in it, which when I looked up is a "disintegrant used to increase absorption". Yep. You were right.

Damn, hope we don't find it in all preparations in the future.

If so, it's going to hurt some livers in the transition.

But it does say it has crospovidone/povidone in it, which when I looked up is a "disintegrant used to increase absorption".

Thanks for posting that.

This is definitely something to look out for. It could get someone into serious trouble.

The reason I was using them is that I noticed when I took some for sinuses I was able to study better, but obviously didn't want to take many without getting rid of the para first, and figured because of pseudo's high solubility a CWE would work in getting a mixture of a not-so-large amount of codeine (small - well small for me - amounts of codeine actually make me more interested to study for some reason without getting you too high to retain information).

Perhaps even the pseudoephedrine could have been helping you study. There are people who find pseudo does provide them with some of the effects typical of meth/amphetamine.

I do also find opioids in the right dose perfect for study though, and, weirdly enough, make me want to do housework too.

^ Same with me Footsy, while stimulants obviously provide that incentive to get shit done, I find that smack/oxy/morphine works even better for me, because I take my time and get the shit that I start done, instead of starting a million and 1 things but finishing nothing, then drinking so much that I forget what I've done or what I want to do. Not to mention the fucking come down. Why did I like that evil drug speed/meth/ice for so long?

Perhaps even the pseudoephedrine could have been helping you study. There are people who find pseudo does provide them with some of the effects typical of meth/amphetamine.

I do also find opioids in the right dose perfect for study though, and, weirdly enough, make me want to do housework too.

Yeah, I've heard of people reporting decent stimulant type effects from pseudoephedrine, amphetamine like. With regard to opiates, I'm exactly the same as you footsy - they motivate me to do housework, and get shit done.

A.

Yeah that's why I was taking it. Pseudoephedrine isn't very good on a recreational level (it's a bit... "dirty" in its effects), but definitely does have benefits when it comes to studying. I find that this with a ~ 150mg codeine dose is really great in slamming out some work, and the increased capacity lasts for about 6 hours. I only usually resort to this if I have zero energy and really need to get focused. Also I'm confident it's not very healthy.

Thanks for posting that.

This is definitely something to look out for. It could get someone into serious trouble.

Np. Just keep in mind that the crospovidone/povidone isn't mentioned on the front of the packet, only the insert as it's not an active ingredient. Just did a CWE with a different brand, and it worked normally (none of the disintegrant in it), so it must be only that brand (a generic one). But definitely worth checking all ingredients before using, and always to check the filter to see that it's coming out properly. The risk is someone whose never done a CWE before and doesn't know how much is meant to come out. I've done it enough times to instantly notice there wasn't something right.

Yep, this...

The risk is someone whose never done a CWE before and doesn't know how much is meant to come out. I've done it enough times to instantly notice there wasn't something right.

.. is exactly right. After doing a few trillion CWEs you get to know the hundreds of little variations that come from using different brands, different formulations, having older or newer product stock (some of the old tablets become very brittle and take longer to dissolve), etc etc.

But for someone who didn't know CWE's inside-out, and had only done enough to be confident with their technique, something like this crospovidone/povidone could give someone a horrendous surprise.

I'm kind of obsessive with CWEs, and before every single one I quickly read the front and back of the box(es) just to double check that I have the right thing and that there isn't any "new and improved" formula shifty business going on. CWEs are fairly easy to do, but the consequence of a fuck up is so dire that I am forever vigilant. I've also been given Mersyndol Nighttime by mistake a couple of times and not even noticed until I got home. Doxylamine is soluble enough in water to come through in great globs, and a pack worth of that shit would knock you out for a week.

Also, it just doesn't bear thinking about someone making an error and ending up with 80 or so tablets worth of paracetamol into a cup which they then drink expecting some mild relaxation. Scary....

I'm attempting an extraction atm from a lot of generic brand ibuprofen tablets. So far it isn't turning out so well. Did normal procedure and tried filtering through coffee filters like i would normally for paracetamol tabs, but the liquid wouldn't run through. I have the liquid in the freezer currently to try and bring the temp down closer to 0 degrees, to see if it helps separate it more. My concerns are that the fillers within the tablets are possible very water soluble themselves, which from my guess prevents as much codeine absorption into the water.

I have only found some vague info on the matter so far, and that the tablets could possibly be filled with cornflour. There is nothing else other than speculation on the matter though so can't say for sure. Have any of you guys had experience with a similar situation? Were you able to resolve it? Could more water possibly help? I welcome any thoughts or ideas. Thanks

^ Have you filtered through something like a shirt (or chux cloth) first? I've found that helps when dealing with gluggy ibu mixtures. Get as many unwanted solids out before trying to put it through a coffee filter. It is still painfully slow though.