Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 6-APDB Thread

fffrrrqqq

Greenlighter
hi there,

it seems like 6-APDB is available now and will become even more widely available in the near future.
i'll receive a sample of this compound soon and i'm wondering if anyone has already sampled it and how it compares to 6-ABP.
i'm also interested on how to positively identify the substance: melting point of the HCL, reagent tests etc.

thanks!

I tried some which was independently confirmed by NMR to be 6-APDB. It seemed remarkably psychedelic and quite pleasant, but did make me surprisingly hot considering the subtle effects. This was at about 40mg insufflated, accounting for some which got blown out when I sneezed!

I would therefore expect higher potency than 6-APB, perhaps less stimulation and more psychedelia.

apart from the hyperthermia this sounds really good.
how's the the comedown? any after effects the next day?

Not at that dose but I would be shocked if it didn't display a comedown similar to MDMA, 6-APB etc

Not at that dose but I would be shocked if it didn't display a comedown similar to MDMA, 6-APB etc

^ This - and it does. Some people get it immediately, and then some get none until after a few uses. (much like MDMA, MDA, or the APB's)

also, from what I've heard APDB is more potent - but no different in effects (aside from slight onset time changes) than 6-APB.

well i have asked for the comedown because that's how 6-ABP is positively different from MDMA and MDA for *ME*.

i love 6-ABP compared to MDMA because of:
* added psychedelia
* no crash, easier comedown, no midweek blues

MDA has the psychedelia MDMA is missing but the side-effect are even worse.

but i always dose 6-ABP lower than most people here (judging from the B&D thread) - 120mg is my maximum and i've never felt the need to go higher.
also i don't need the fake loved-up-ness of MDMA because i have enough love anyway (thank you LSD, mescaline, shrooms, meditation, yoga, pretty women!)

so if 6-ADBP has even more psychedlia and the comedown is as "easy" as 6-ABP it could be a winner for me.
just the hyperthermia is worrying me a bit (thinking of the trouble with 5-API).

anyway, i'll receive my sample soon, will start low (of course!) and report back.

My supplier has just recently added this to it's stocklist, and i've been wondering about whether to order some. This thread hasn't been updated in a while, has anyone got more experience with this compound?

I did 25mg with 10mg 5-MeO-MiPT recently and had a lovely time. It's worth a try IMHO, though I don't know how much value it would have on its own.

Is it that potent, are you that sensitive, or was the synergy that good?

The main course for the evening was always intended to be 5-MeO-MIPT (10mg is a strong dose), with APDB simply there to enhance, particularly the social aspects. Unfortunately it seems I had some tolerance to the psychedelia from a somewhat spur-of-the-moment LSD trip 3 days prior, but the serotonergic effects did feel subtly noticeable.

Unfortunately the combination makes the report of little use for characterising 6-APDB in any meaningful way but it does at least appear that this is a pleasant combination without obvious unpleasant interactions.

Ok, I have some of this stuff. Marquis reagent is a pale reddish-purple, and Mecke is a very dark purplish-black, which is pretty much identical to what I would get with 6-APB. This particular batch I have lacks the industrial-strength cleaner smell I've gotten with some past batches of 6-APB, so hey, that's a plus. ;)

I took an oral dose of 75mg about 5 hours ago, along with 400mg of chelated magnesium in case of jaw gurning. Waited a half hour, then ate a small lunch, knowing I probably won't be hungry for the rest of the day. About a half hour after that, I started to feel it coming on, with waves of hot flashes alternating with nausea. This was pretty unpleasant...I can deal with nausea on its own, but combined with hot flashes I start to freak out, because it reminds me of the one and only time I took mCPP I got really bad hot flashes on the come up and that developed into a full-blown panic attack where I was convinced I had truly poisoned myself. Anyways, this time I took half a unisom to cope, and that made me a little tired but at least it diminished the nausea a bit and staved off the edges of panic I could feel creeping in.

It was another couple of hours before the hot flashes subsided and I relaxed into a fairly decent contented stimulation with mild OEVs and occasional nystagmus. Not getting a whole lot of euphoria though, and I'm not really sure it was worth the rough comeup. At this level I'd say it was about equivalent to 100mg of 6-APB - I would normally do 125-135mg of 6-APB, and I've gone up as high as 145mg. I haven't taken any in almost a year though, or any other in the MDxx family, so I shouldn't have any tolerance built up. I think if I try this again I will split the dose in two and take them an hour apart. I also think I'm getting too old for this stuff anymore (I'm turning 35 in a few months) and maybe it's time to give all of those serotonin receptors in the gut a rest, they've certainly taken a beating over the years. Maybe rectal admin would help with that if I do this again, I don't know. Anyways, that's my report!

Edited to add: It's the next day, and I feel pretty horrible. I barely slept, and had a few bouts of diarrhea during the night and early this morning. I feel dehydrated and overheated and I'm getting brain zaps too. I forgot to mention before that I had taken some 3-MeO-PCP the night before doing the 6-APDB, and I'm starting to wonder if there's a bad interaction between the two and that's what's been making me feel sick. I did some googling today and apparently it's a bad idea to mix methoxetamine with MDxx or 6-APB, so it's possible that 3-MeO-PCP also shouldn't be mixed with serotonin releasers (even if you take them 18 hours apart like I did). It's also possible that 6-APDB is a lot more potent than 6-APB and I just took too large of a dose. Anyways, it's going to be a long time (if ever) before I put this stuff in body again so maybe some other brave psychonaut can figure these things out.

Last edited:
Strange, I have found no real hyperthermia with this. The slight chills and odd heat but just like MDMA really. Nothing too noticeable anyway. Maybe insufflating it does this?

Tested 6-APBD orally at an event for first time to see if it works in a "suitable" setting; it was very successful. Started off with 50mg on an empty stomach (hadn't eaten in 6 hours) and after waiting one hour, some mild effects were felt but not a satisfactory level for "rolling", so another 50mg was taken orally. After waiting another hour for the effects to peak, the total 100mg was very successful. Having tried MDA, MDMA, 6-APB, and 5-APB at various milligram dosages, I had difficultly differentiating the 100mg 6-APDB from ~90mg MDA. 6-APDB had similar qualities such as ease of flowing to music, ease of conversation, disinhibition of social boundaries, jaw clenching, tactile sensations, sexual/loving desires, and increased energy. 6-APDB effects were akin to a mix between 6-APB and MDA but with much milder visual hallucinations/distortions and more focus on the mental energy. Overall, the test was successful and gives it a thumbs up.

^ Nice wee summary there man. Do you think it feels cleaner than 6-apb? With a nicer empathogenic headspace? Also definitely more stimulating for me. Agree on the 50mg it's definitely not full on. Wish I'd gone higher but next time. Think 100mg will be a good shout. Can't wait to try this at a club sometime. Really think it could be a winner on that front.

6-APDB feels clean and is nicely empathogenic, but I personally prefer 6-APB because 6-APB is more psychedelic since I prefer psychedelics to rolls for "empathetic" feelings. 6-APDB felt less stimulating than 6-APB; 100mg 6-APB would have my heart beating around 135-155 (which is high) while the 100mg of 6-APDB was less heart stimulating at an equal dose (around 120-135bpm). It really is a winner as far as a empathogenic amphetamine goes.

well i have asked for the comedown because that's how 6-ABP is positively different from MDMA and MDA for *ME*.

i love 6-ABP compared to MDMA because of:
* added psychedelia
* no crash, easier comedown, no midweek blues

MDA has the psychedelia MDMA is missing but the side-effect are even worse.

but i always dose 6-ABP lower than most people here (judging from the B&D thread) - 120mg is my maximum and i've never felt the need to go higher.
also i don't need the fake loved-up-ness of MDMA because i have enough love anyway (thank you LSD, mescaline, shrooms, meditation, yoga, pretty women!)

so if 6-ADBP has even more psychedlia and the comedown is as "easy" as 6-ABP it could be a winner for me.
just the hyperthermia is worrying me a bit (thinking of the trouble with 5-API).

anyway, i'll receive my sample soon, will start low (of course!) and report back.

Ohhhh gotcha, I somehow managed to think you were referring to the days after, not the immediate comedown.

6-APDB feels clean and is nicely empathogenic, but I personally prefer 6-APB because 6-APB is more psychedelic since I prefer psychedelics to rolls for "empathetic" feelings. 6-APDB felt less stimulating than 6-APB; 100mg 6-APB would have my heart beating around 135-155 (which is high) while the 100mg of 6-APDB was less heart stimulating at an equal dose (around 120-135bpm). It really is a winner as far as a empathogenic amphetamine goes.

That's interesting how you find 6-apb more psychedelic. Haven't really got much from it on that front apart from the tail end with a few shimmers here and there. Always found that it very heavy on the head though. Even at a lower dose I felt that 6-apdb was more psychedelic. No visuals really apart from the brightness but my head had that familiar feel. Kind of similar to a small mushroom dose. Clearer and less fuzzy. I agree that it feels less stimulating on the body but more energy to it in a subtle way. It's there but you don't really realise it. With 6-apb I get really monged out and lazy but was up and chatty last night. Maybe even more so than MDMA. Would easily be up and dancing. Unlike 6-apb, I feel this is not one for solo adventures. Would have loved to have people around. I had no trouble sleeping either which, again, is similar to MDMA for me. Early days but I'd like to agree with your last sentence.

Another attempt at 6-APDB was made today at a 100mg single dose with a friend who took the same amount (and who also has never rolled [he/she has only ever taken amphetamine/adderall, so that friend's perspective was a great help). Setting was a dubstep event/club. It's been a week since the last dose and no amphetamines were taken between that week. Again, similar effects were felt for myself and I danced for two hours straight but I think the friend's report on the experience is more important. The friend was getting:
-Nystagmus (eye shaking)
-Jaw clenching
-Visual trailers/tracers
-Color brightening/color contrast increase
-The friend claimed to have physical orgasms 8 times during the event
-Chattiness
-Mental and physical euphoria (after asking the friend whether we should leave, the friend said "I feel great! I could dance all night even though I know you guys can't")
-Tactile sensations where the friend said "I feel your touch after you touch me" which I deduced as the goosebumps that follow immediately after touching one's skin, as well as becoming extremely overwhelmed with happiness when massaged or rubbing cloth across his/her face)
-Sexual excitability

We both had a fun time and the friend said that he/she definitely would do it again.
As far as 6-APB goes for me, I act "differently", so 100mg MDMA tend to calm or slow me down while 100mg 6-APB has me in an intensely euphoric psychedelic roll for ~12 hours. I like 6-APB better than MDMA so that may be where my bias comes in; 2C-X's are more euphoric to me than MDxx/MDx's, hence another bias towards psychedelics.
From highest favoured "roll" to lowest: 6-APB>6-APDB=MDA>MDMA>5-APB (amphetamine is my favourite "roll" because of the entactogenic/empathogenic feelings I get at higher doses, but it's not commonly considered a roll). For the second time trying 6-APDB, I rank it pretty highly for an entactogen/emphathogen.

MMPA, you seem to have a preference for the more dopaminergic substances, and I believe that they are dopaminergic in decreasing order of intensity in the exact same sequence: amphetamine > 6-APB>6-APDB=MDA>MDMA>5-APB

I find it very interesting however that you prefer the 2C's euphoria over the MDxx, considering that 2C's only slightly affect monoamine levels