⫸STICKY⫷ "I never got my activation email" thread

Thanks for the help. I have hit the email resend button 10 times still no email. I have checked everywhere possible for the email to be plus the spam folder. I dont know what else I can do. I guess I will have to wait until you come up with a solution for me. I am eager to check out the site it looks very interesting

Thanks again for your help
Rich
Sometime computers and software dont do what we want them to do
Have a good night

Unfortunately I can't do anything beyond this to get the issue sorted as I don't have the proper permissions. An admin will likely see this within 24 - 48 hours and be able to look into it further for you. Sorry you're having such a rough time getting your account set up.

Hope to be seeing you around the forums soon. :)

Thank You for the help. I will wait until someone contacts me, or gets the activation email to me.

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly

Rich

Manually adjusted your account.

You're a comcast user and, unfortunately, comcast keeps blocking our emails. This means that you will not be able to receive subscription updates or be able to reset your account should you ever be locked out.

Would suggest that you change your email to a web-based email address.

Hi - I registered yesterday, too - and no email -- did do the RESEND once today but seems to be quite delayed or not working?

^ 99.9% of the time, the email is in the junk/spam folder.

if it's not there, send an email to [email protected] from the email address you used to create the account, and we'll activate you manually.

alasdair

My problem isn't that I got my activation email, its that when I try to log onto my old account, using the password they sent me when I had forgotten it, it doesn't work, and I do not remember changing it and if I did its not what it should be, so now when I go to send my email and username after I've clicked the "I forgot my password link" and it says email sent, and I never get the email, and I know for a fact I'm typing in the address correctly because I always used to get emails from bl to it, but just now when I tried again to log onto the old account and maxed out 5 times told them my email after I clicked I forgot my pass word, and now it says it doesn't recognize the email, when just on the 5th I was wrong 5 times email sent to that email address

I made my current account in july when it first happened, I know you cant change names or delete accounts or anything but I was curious if you can merge the two. I talked to a mod and he said to post here and have an admin contact me so I can show him the 2 email addresses for each account and see if anything could be done

we can't (more accurately won't) merge accounts.

we can only send password activation emails to the email address on file. send me a pm (or hit me up on im - details in my profile) with the username and email address of your old account and i'll take a look.

alasdair

i forgot the password for the email address i signed up with. can i change it please?

^ hello

are you logged in to bluelight? if so, just go to your settings and change the email address yourself: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/profile.php?do=editpassword

if you are not logged in, log in and change it.

if you can't log in (because, for example, you have forgotten your password), we can not help as we can only send reset information to the email on file.

regards

alasdair

i have not received an email for activation, it is not in the junk/spam folder.

Dear Mods and Admins,

I have a problem and hope here is the right place for it:

My normal Account "Dicktate" registered about 8 years ago is not accessable to me anymore because I can not reset the password, since the Mailadress I used for it was hacked and is inaccessable too.
Is there any possiblity to get the Bluelight account back? Through some kind of identification like the answer to the random question during the registration formula or other methods?
I greatly appreciate your help since this forum helped me a lot!

Best regards.

Thanks, but that would reset the password of this account :?

Dear Zerwas,

Your username is: Zerwas

€: So I guess it is not possible to access the old account anymore? :( But thanks for your help nonetheless.

Last edited:
if you can't log in (because, for example, you have forgotten your password), we can not help as we can only send reset information to the email on file.
you understand why, right?

alasdair

Yes of course. I am sorry if I was impolite somehow. Just a little frustrated because of that but no problem. I want to contribute again to this fantastic community :)

I joined Bluelight April 6th and clicked the activation link and had stupidly posted and the post was removed and had received an email from one of the admin.... Now trying to check out the forums.... upon logging in, it says that....

*** SargeHT, YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ACTIVATED ***
When you signed up with us, we sent you an email to the address you provided. In that email there is a link that you need to click.
This will activate your account. Until you do this, you will not be able to post outside of the Support Forum.
If you cannot see the email that was sent to you, try searching your spam folder. It will be entitled "Action Required to Activate Membership for Bluelight".
If you cannot see any email from us, you can request the server to send you another activation link by clicking here: REQUEST ACTIVATION EMAIL
If after performing these steps, you are still seeing this message, please post in this thread: MEGATHREAD: Why can't I post?

did the reactivation of the email... but did not receive any email...
help please...

Last edited: