• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

When do you toss out the Christmas Tree?

What The Deuce?

What's the point of having a so-called "preview" option prior to submission of posts, if that same "preview" just goes ahead and submits the post anyway? Where's the sense in that? (Shrugs embarrassedly)

^ there is an edit button if that helps.

I think in a couple hundred years or so people will giggle when they talk about Christmas trees and lawn mowing.. "*giggle*.. yeah Im serious.. they used to cut down a living tree and throw it on top of a car, drag it into their living rooms and hang all kinds of shit on it, it would stay there for a month or so and then they would take all the stuff off and box it all up for next year and throw that damn tree in the garbage.. then they had fake trees which they could just leave decorated all year in the basement.. and yeah they used to spend great amounts of time, energy and money growing and cutting a useless plant to look like a green carpet around their buildings.. yeah they were fucked back then.

It was out on the first.

when your NY hangover has worn off sufficiently to allow you to do so?

ebola

Hahahaha, true story: Christmas 2013 tree is still standing, buried in the ground, in front of my old house that was foreclosed on back in May. lol

I let 'em sit for a week or so and collect their thoughts. and then I throw them in a fire pit with any friends/neighbors christmas trees, standing up right is best, make a drink, pour on the lighter fluid and see who loses their eyebrows first. Tis the season, am I right, ladies?

I let 'em sit for a week or so and collect their thoughts. and then I throw them in a fire pit with any friends/neighbors christmas trees, standing up right is best, make a drink, pour on the lighter fluid and see who loses their eyebrows first. Tis the season, am I right, ladies?
Haha yeah that's what we do every year as well. The traditional burning of the Christmas tree is usually an even more fun evening than Christmas itself for us =D

usually light it on fire, saves on the garbage expenses plus re-uses for heat source.

The morning after epiphany, which is the traditional end of the season.
Goes up on Dec 23rd, is lit for the first time on Christmas Night, comes down 2 weeks later.

Iv been using one of those fairly expensive fake trees that have the multicolored lights built right into them, best decisions Iv made to stop buying live trees, have had the same one for the past 4 Christmas’s But I typically take it down on the 1st

I live with my son and his wife. She always took the tree down on Boxing Day, which I kinda griped about. Yesterday she told me she was taking the tree down on New Year's Day! She is stubborn, so that is pretty amazing.

I live with my son and his wife. She always took the tree down on Boxing Day, which I kinda griped about. Yesterday she told me she was taking the tree down on New Year's Day! She is stubborn, so that is pretty amazing.
I never understood people who have a Christmas tree up in their house for all of December, and likewise I don't understand people who toss out theirs the second that Christmas Day is over.
To me that's back-to-front. Call me a traditionalist.

I never understood people who have a Christmas tree up in their house for all of December, and likewise I don't understand people who toss out theirs the second that Christmas Day is over.
To me that's back-to-front. Call me a traditionalist.
yeah we were always....tree up around dec 23rd/24th and down jan 5th ish

my neighbours had theirs up in late November, need shooting imo

this year...no tree...no worries