• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Did your boss do x-mas stuff for you?

Captain Brewster

Bluelight Crew
I walked into work today, two masseurs were setup ready to take some clients.
I was surprised to find out they were for us hard workers!

Then later this arvo were being taken to a bowls club, dinner and drinks payed for (well we create the drinks, so they should be free).

I'd probably prefer a bonus, but anyway, I'll get trashed and make a fool of myself, it's been a while and I'm deffinetly due.

Anyone else have a half decent boss? Or just some Scrooge looking bastard.

My boss gave us all $4.99 fleece blankets from the drug store...

It's the thought that counts :)

He gave me a bottle of 2009 Prisoner red wine in a very pretty wine bag (which I re-gifted to my husband's grandparents...the bag not the wine) and a hand written card saying how awesome I was. The practice gives everyone $125 dollars around US thanksgiving. My manager gave me a $30 gift card to Outback Restaurant which I gave to my neighbour. I don't eat there. Last year she gave me $30 cash which I would have preferred.

The full time staff get to go to a holiday party where there is an open bar. It'd be nice, but I'm not full time even though I work 40+ hrs per week. We had a small holiday party for our department, we got free lunch, we did a Secret Santa gift exchange. That was it. It was nice :). I did get a raise! That wasn't because of Christmas though, it was just because I'm awesome lol.

Christmas dinner for our immediate team (OK, went to a medieval banquet-themed place, lots of entertainment but food was average). Lunch for our extended team - really nice, went to a decent restaurant. Lunch at the office for our immediate team (paid for ourselves in the staff restaurant). Plus bottle of Bollinger from the boss. Pretty good haul really.

My boss gave me a 20 hour pay advance so I could buy gifts for the fam. Not a gift, since I have to work the next 20 hours as basically dead time, but pretty awesome because I had taken all the money I'd previously saved up and went on a bender. 8)

Christmas dinner for our immediate team (OK, went to a medieval banquet-themed place, lots of entertainment but food was average). Lunch for our extended team - really nice, went to a decent restaurant. Lunch at the office for our immediate team (paid for ourselves in the staff restaurant). Plus bottle of Bollinger from the boss. Pretty good haul really.

That's not bad at all. I remember a few years ago I was working in a factory, we all got a case of coke. Not very exciting but I suppose it's the thought.

I regret that I didn't. The residential home I work for have many different events and are all a great mixed group of people.
Working Christmas Day was the highlight this year for me as I got to spend it with people ( many who have no family) who appreciate my company are kind and honest.
I haven't done staff parties for a long time.
I was in what I thought was a perfect relationship of 12 years but it turned out to be a big lie, I've woken up now and won't be missing out on my life anymore.
Bring on 2013!

My boss told me to pay up on the $80 I owe him... I told him to show me the printout of hours added to my timesheet that the company owes me, which is the whole reason I owe him $80 in the first place.

They got Chik-fil-a breakfast for everybody in the center on Christmas Eve. Breakfast for a good 300-400 people. Pretty sweet deal, actually.

my boss does stuff to me all year round. just makes it a bigger deal during this time of year.

oh, i thought title said christmas stuff to me.

yes, couple hundred bucks last time.

My boss sent me $150 in Visa gift cards. Hellz yeah, it's usually $100.

He hasnt been as sexist lately so ig thats a christmas miricle. Makes up for him calling me a slut on holloween costume day. Yeah... hr thought that one was so funny they had to hear it in person.