• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

⫸STICKY⫷ Six Simple Rules... To MDMA

The thing about MDMA dosing is that it varies so much. Great advise for unknown pills would be starting with low dose just to be sure. Under 100mg should do the trick, tho it varies a lot.

great thread for anyone unsure about mdma! however i am quite experienced with mdma and similar drugs. i dont do them often anymore but obvs like to roll here and there.

Im curious about the relationship with SSRI's as i have been on them for the past cpl weeks. tonight before reading this thread i was at a friends and took an RC (not sure exactly what it was, but supposed to be an analog of mda) and am currently flying pretty good. I havnt taken my ssri in a cpl days (waiting to get paid so i can refill)
so maybe thats why i am still experiencing such strong effects? also very curious as to how mixing mdma and ssris can be fatal? is this an actual chemical overload or some kind of cross reaction? or is that more just about the come down possibly being that hard on someone already suffering from depression?

also was my birthday last week and ended up doing a substantial amount of cocaine (a rare occurance these day, non the less i was just under a week into taking the ssri) with no side effects, so im assuming theres not a problem with that drug.

but was planning on refilling my script later today after i get some sleep, if its a chemical reaction should i wait an extra day or two to start taking my meds agian?

MAIO and MDMA is fatal not SSRI.

It's not OFTEN fatal, but there can be a serious reaction between the two.

the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is increased from SSRIs alone, adding MDMA to that and the risk is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.

The main interaction of the two is that the SSRI inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin, and MDMA releases serotonin in large amounts. This keeps that serotonin from entering the proper receptors, and it just floats around the synapse without causing any good feelings.

The two almost entirely cancel each other out, so I would DEFINITELY not take MDMA while on SSRIs. Hell, I wouldn't go on SSRIs to begin with. They have been shown to be as effective as placebos in mild to moderate depression :\

It's not OFTEN fatal, but there can be a serious reaction between the two.

the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is increased from SSRIs alone, adding MDMA to that and the risk is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.

The main interaction of the two is that the SSRI inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin, and MDMA releases serotonin in large amounts. This keeps that serotonin from entering the proper receptors, and it just floats around the synapse without causing any good feelings.

The two almost entirely cancel each other out, so I would DEFINITELY not take MDMA while on SSRIs. Hell, I wouldn't go on SSRIs to begin with. They have been shown to be as effective as placebos in mild to moderate depression :\

Thats what it says in the OP, it can be fatal.

^ Sorry, that wasn't to you. It was to BCbakin just so he knew actual interaction that is going on there

dosage is very important the first time i took it was at a tiesto show in DC i took .4 of MDMA (moonrocks is what they said it was)... needless to say it was way way way too much for me for about two hours i was scared out of my mind, but then it smoothed out and i was having the best night of my life..and i thought to myself..wow i had no idea it was possible to feel so good on this planet haha. definitely a life changing realization for me.

Seriously this kind of stuff should be more readily available to read. We should try to get this topic as much replies as possible because of the lack of info out there. I know people like me are taking some mdma every day just for it to come around and kick them in the ass the next day. Just need an easy way to spread information about the come downs of mdma so people don't take such high doses. Even worse, re-dosing.

Seriously this kind of stuff should be more readily available to read. We should try to get this topic as much replies as possible because of the lack of info out there. I know people like me are taking some mdma every day just for it to come around and kick them in the ass the next day. Just need an easy way to spread information about the come downs of mdma so people don't take such high doses. Even worse, re-dosing.

Spread the word to your mates then :) Just make sure you credit this website !

I was wondering if anyone could help me out...

I've done MDMA, along with copious amounts of mephedrone very frequently for a month straight. Now, I know it was utterly stupid and I risked alot, I accepted the risks and I know the potential damage I may have done to my serotonin system. (Side question, to what extent will I have damaged my serotonin and will it reverse itself?).

My question is, why towards the end of the month did I experience long-lasting residual stimulation when ingesting said substances? Before, a couple of spliffs and possibly a co-codamol or two would do the job in knocking me out after a session, but I started finding that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get to sleep. Both the MDMA (including pressed rolls) and the Mephedrone were of the same batches throughout the month, and are were all of high purity so bunk stuff isn't a factor. Any help would be appreciated, and I await your answer :)

cheers,
ZB

I am on a horrible come down from this weekend... Thank you for this post!!! <3 <3 <3

This has clarified so much and has made me reevaluate this weekend's choices.

.... this was made a sticky?

When? I think I could merge the bunk MD thread here and have one giant collaboation of PLUR...

thoughts? No one wants to get banned again lol

I think this guide is VERY against bluelight's HR mission.

Antioxidants and body temperature in the context of neurotoxicity aren't mentioned, and people expect that BL will get them the information that they need to know, which in this case it DOES NOT. People will read this and feel safer taking the drug, as though frequency of use offsets neurotoxicity.

.... this was made a sticky?

When? I think I could merge the bunk MD thread here and have one giant collaboation of PLUR...

thoughts? No one wants to get banned again lol

Since before you were a mod. People have seemed to like it since it was posted up a good 6 or 7 months ago...

I think this guide is VERY against bluelight's HR mission.

Antioxidants and body temperature in the context of neurotoxicity aren't mentioned, and people expect that BL will get them the information that they need to know, which in this case it DOES NOT. People will read this and feel safer taking the drug, as though frequency of use offsets neurotoxicity.

Well I think you're wrong, so :) Feel free to add information and be constructive.

Well I think you're wrong, so :) Feel free to add information and be constructive.

Sure :)

Reactive molecules produced by excessive dopamine release cause oxidative stress inside of serotonergic and dopaminergic neuron axon terminals, which causes damage to important cellular components, or even cell death. Preventive measures are definitely worth taking:

1) Keep body temperatue down. Avoid dancing in hot rooms on MDMA. Neurotoxicity is directly correlated with hyperthermia for MDMA, from many studies. Plus, extra serotonin release raises body temperature, worsening the problem. Endogenous antioxidant systems perform poorly at high body temperatures. Which leads to...
2) Take antioxidants. I take Ubiquinol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Vitamin C if I'm planning on taking a methamphetamine (like MDMA).

Please integrate some of this into your info. Me, Sekio, Epsilon Alpha, or many others in ADD can back up this info with primary research literature if needed. IMO, the point of BL is to get people information they need to know but don't. The BEST example I can think of for harm reduction is preventing brain damage from MDMA...

Too many kids just don't realize that just because MDMA feels lovely, doesn't mean that it isn't pharmacologically and chemically similar to meth. Which, needless to say, people don't feel safe about using.

Thanks for considering,
TCMVegas

Last edited: