PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Taking Shrooms.. Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coughy

Greenlighter
So basically Ill be taking a half eighth of shrooms with some of my friends tomorrow. i was planning on taking maybe 3/4 of my dose and waiting to see how i feel and then taking the rest, but would it be better to just take them all at once for a more intense experience? I just dont want it to be too intense to the point where ill scare myself lol. Im trying to go in with a positive attitude because i heard that makes for the best experience, but any tips you guys have for a first time tripper would be great!

Well spreading your dose is generally a wise idea, but with half an 1/8 which is approx. 1.75 grams they would have to be quite potent to be scary. If they are that strong I doubt that the 1/4 of the dose (which would be less than half a gram) would make any difference. Considering your dose is already under what I would advise people as a first dose, I think it is okay to take it in one go. But I am not saying take more - anywhere around 1/2 to 3/4 of an eight seems fine to me.
Also if the experience turns out fine or mild (which is likely) especially if the mushrooms aren't very potent you should probably be careful not to underestimate it a next time. Unfortunately because mushrooms are natural products the potency can vary, so getting a weak trip could give you the idea they are always as weak... and a next time you might dose higher with strong mushrooms.

Great that you have a positive attitude, just make sure you are in a relatively controlled, best to be private, environment (I mean: not too many surprises like on the sidewalk in your city)... and with reserved dosing like this and that good attitude you should be absolutely fine and have a good time.

Don't plan too many activities, have some breather space and just let it flow, develop, evolve naturally and as adventurously as you feel.

Chew them until they are mulch, that should help with being able to digest them... also you can absorb some of the drug more quickly in your mouth.

Check the first time shrooming thread here for more information!

^ Just a small note that once you've had time to reply this thread'll be merged with the First Time Shrooms thread linked above.

That said though I mainly posted in reply to add that the above dosage considerations would be slightly different if for example you live in Europe and are consuming Semilanceata rather than the Cubensis strain of mushrooms, as this is significantly more potent by weight and a half eighth might be on the higher side for a starting dose, so your original idea would be better if this is the case.

If you're consuming Cubensis (See here) - as you most probably are if you're in the US, rather than Semilanceata (See here) - which is more common in Europe, then go with what Solipsis said :)

I'd say eat what you're going to eat in the beginning, once you're tripping the LAST thing you're going to want is to eat more mushrooms lol.

Some quick things that are key to a good mushroom trip:

-Try to avoid electronics
-Be prepared to feel like you're pissing yourself the entire time
-Nature setting is key, anywhere else you risk having a very frightening time
-Three other people MAX first time, it's weird
-Pack a bag, like a cinch sack, with everything you might need (i.e. warm clothes, shorts/pants, water/drink, money, cell phone)
-Try to be stoned/after-baked before eating them, can help ease into the trip rather than sober straight to tripping, quick adjustment between states of being can leave you overwhelmed as mushrooms kick in aggressively. Wanna start on your feet.
-Smoking weed throughout is sometime calming, tobacco also.
-Make sure you have something to do, not that you should plan something out entirely, but have like a walk planned out, a trail in nature or something so you're not stuck letting your mind wander not sure what to do with yourself.
-Music can be nice, but some find it to be overwhelming to have any music at all.
-Make sure you don't have anything you have to do that day, nothing hanging over your head, yadda yadda yaddda.

Mushrooms essentially make it very easy to get sensory-overload and become panicked. Like even if a friend jumps out to startle you as a friendly joke, you might take it very personally or something of that sort.

If this is your first psychedelic, prepare for the craziest experience you've had your entire life so far. And I'm not kidding.

Last edited:
If the half eighth you have was unusually strong, someone more than likely would have told you. I doubt that u would freak out on that dose, since its your first time you'll probably just naturally go with it since it'll be so new. enjoy

Thanks coughy, we'll check that out. A link to the subthread where 'mushrooms for beginners' is discussed was already provided so please continue there (although you are not a first-timer or shroom virgin anymore now). :)

People can tell you what they think in the TR.

Status
Not open for further replies.