• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD (1000+ug) - Experienced - The worst nightmare of my life

Can you expand more on the 4-ho-met experience?

Maybe include what dose you took (relative to you, was it large, extremely large, etc), what was it missing compared to LSD, what it had or showed you, a trip report maybe?

I don't want to divert this thread too much since this is a LSD trip report, but since it's three years old already I suppose I can divulge a little. I haven't used 4-HO-MET since before I made this account and started writing trip reports on it, but I'll likely write one in the future as I have a little bit more to use. For now I'll just respond to your inquiries directly.

> Maybe include what dose you took (relative to you, was it large, extremely large, etc)

I've taken 4-HO-MET up to 50 mg. 20 mg is enough for to have transparent patterns over surfaces, flat but detailed imagery in the mind's eye or when keeping eyes closed for an extended period of time, a decent but not huge amount of energy and euphoria, and the occasional brief phase of dissociative-type ego loss (like just suddenly slipping away, as opposed to a more psychological breaking down and rebuilding of identity). Overall I would rank the effect as on the low side of moderate. 25 mg is on the higher side of moderate, with all of the above mentioned effects enhanced from more of a ++ to a +++, and the detailed imagery like repeating faces begins to cover open eye scenes as well, but otherwise the trip is basically the same kind of thing. So, I would say that 50 mg definitely constitutes a large dose for me, but I still don't know if I would call it extremely large. At that point there was heavy time dilation, vivid mandala-type visual effects with eyes open or closed, some moderately strong perceptions of reptiles, spiders, grey aliens, and the like, and the occasional out-of-body feeling caused by visual overload. It felt like it was touching upon hyperspace to me, but the fact that it still did not cross all the way through it is part of what prevents me to from rating the dose as "extreme", combined with the fact that the headspace was still very lucid and easy to handle.

> what was it missing compared to LSD

Most significantly, I think what it's missing is LSD's strong ability to psychologically disorient you. 4-HO-MET I really think may be the psychedelic second only to LSD in being able to seamlessly blend crisp and beautiful imagery into the external world around me, but the difference is that by the time that that is happening on LSD that imagery will also be becoming swept up into whatever delirious fantasies may be starting to penetrate my mind, so it's like not only is the imagery there but my mind is also starting to believe that it is just as relevant to what is happening around me in the world as any of the actual physical things that I am perceiving. What it amounts to is that, for example, I could be sitting in an open grass field seeing people running around me and chaos just exploding everywhere and think I'm on some sort of battle grounds or something, whereas on 4-HO-MET I would see all this crazy stuff happening around me but it was just be like eye candy that I'm enjoying the absurdity of. Beyond that, I really do think that 4-HO-MET compares quite heavily to LSD for a tryptamine, as even the mental energy I get and some of the sexual effects I feel from it remind me a lot of past LSD trips, but I do have to say that without that heavy mind trip I also feel that many other aspects of the trip become "less serious", and because of this overall I just find it to be less rewarding or therapeutic than LSD.

> what it had or showed you

Personally, I think what makes 4-HO-MET the most interesting is the fact that it has these LSD-like qualities I've described, but overall it still has the most hallucinogenic similarity to mushrooms and DMT, though even some aesthetic visual designs do resemble LSD more than either of those do as well. Mostly though, to me it just feels like a psychedelic which provides access to the classic tryptamine hyperspace, but then projects it into the world around me through a digital overlay rather than actually bringing me into that inner world. I basically think of it as the easiest and funnest way to have hallucinations similar to what I would want out of DMT, without having to go through any of the heavy trip stuff for it. I have a feeling that it will probably cause a heavier trip at some point, which will probably be fairly impressive and closer to the level of LSD, but given that it's probably 75+ mg I have to imagine that the somatic effects will get a little more annoying by that point and the combination of the time dilation and super focused mindset will likely make it seem like a heavy engagement. It's something I'd like to try some day in the future, but for now I am quite happy using it in lower doses as a great clearheaded tryptamine.

Cheers for the write up! its good to hear what happens after taking 1 micro gram of LSD but to be honest that was reckless behavior, but sure thats how it goes! I especially loved the quote "When you take 1000 micrograms of LSD, you don't know you've taken anything. It just feels like that's the way it is. You might suddenly find yourself sitting on a building in Egypt three thousand years ago, watching boats on the Nile."

Nice work!

OMG. this is amazing! read after tripping all afternoon.. now I know I didn't trip.
great report!
hope you became a wonderful person.

Wow, this was a hell of a report, I haven't read this until now. OP, are you still around? How are you doing? I don't know if I've ever seen both the extreme positive and negative ramifications of the psychedelic experience so thoroughly articulated in one experience before. I can't tell whether this experience was a profoundly positive or profoundly negative one for you. Maybe a little of both. Myself, I received the profoundly positive result from psychedelics but I have never been to that hellish place you describe.

Hey lucyfer, i realise this is an old post. I havent had such a lsd trip as of yet but im curious in your experience in terms of the spiritualality. Me and my friend value balance in spirituality and ego, both components need to be fueled for us to be at peace as we embody both of those within us. A loving "god" which connects every single thing which is past present and future, which is why a lot of religion believes in predestination or fate also having dreams of future and past before their time are not uncommon. Do u think you experienced the hell which is the accumulation of sin you have experienced or seen in this world. Our consciousness which always has a consistent view inside us helps us fight the sinful thoughts we have and this constant tug of war gives our free will, a final test on our decision making process on our final day on earth. Let me know your thoughts and i hope to hear what the heaven and hell you saw were like. Heaven - did u have the memories of earth while u were there and hell - do u think the scene you saw was the result of sinful thoughts or actions you have had until that point? Also you mentioned that you've adopted a Buddhist approach to life since your LSD experience. Are there any particular ideas of the Buddhist philosophy that you don't agree with?

Very good report, one of the better ones I've ever read honestly. It's experience of this kind that really change you permanently.

I'd do like to point out to you and johannes kreisler that it probably wasn't the LSD that brought up this evil, but only your mind. The difference in these 2 is that when saying LSD did it, you put the blame on the drug, while in reality it is you who is to blame. Like Thou said "just don't a fucking ten strip", unless you really know what you are doing and the situation is PERFECT and nothing short of it. I'm sure you realize this, just felt like it was worth mentioning. When processing the experience, the 2 different approaches will make all the difference.

P.S I've been having both on and off problems with depression and derealization* and saying derealization is worse than depression is just bad. First of all, you can't really compare mental issues, they are relative. To you depression might seem light, but to me getting up and living daily, consumeristic life closely mirrors what one has to go through in the heavier parts of a trip. Secondly, depression can be a starting point for other mental issues like drug abuse, agoraphobia and yes, derealization.

*The latter of these is self-diagnosed and has fully gone away when I got a greater insight in the workings of psychedelics, on which I was basing the feeling. This might not be true derealization, but the time I was having troubles with this is a total haze for me now and I can't really describe what it all felt like. I might have been on the edge of psychosis there.

Agreed. LSD isn't all enlightenment and I always say "There's no such thing as a bad trip...Just a difficult one"... If you experience a difficult trip, it's the reintegration into your own perceived reality that will throw you in a loop....

No one knows if you took approx 1 gram of LSD, but I've taken VERY VERY close to and I really see no difference after 400-500mgs in regards to ego softening.... Maybe I just know what to expect...

^^ You mean 1 milligram... LSD dosages are measured in micrograms. 1000 micrograms in a milligram. 1 gram of LSD would kill you, as would, most likely, 400-500mg.

Thought I was reading an autobiography I forgot I wrote.... I didn't take as much lsd but the way you describe yourself in a social sense, "special kid" or mildly autistic. Have you had any history of head trauma or TBI?

Best acid trip report.

By simply reading it, it brought so many flashbacks of my 700 ug trip!

I've made and endured the same mistakes and effects like you OP, I know what you've been through.

Peace and love for you brother!

Typical human arrogance, assuming that WE are somehow the ONLY beings blessed with the ability to think... How would you know? Can you see into the mind of a animals? :)

Of course animals can think. Jesus Christ people.

^^ You mean 1 milligram... LSD dosages are measured in micrograms. 1000 micrograms in a milligram. 1 gram of LSD would kill you, as would, most likely, 400-500mg.

They injected an elephant with 12grams of LSD once in a military experiment and it died. :(

I thought it was 800mg. But either way yeah I knew about that, what a fucked up thing to do.

Shulgin writes about having done some animal testing in PIHKAL and he seemed to think all that super high-dose injecting of animals basically amounts to torture without really gaining anything particularly meaningful (like mouse/rat LD-50s tend to be far higher on a mg/kg basis than in humans/primates so what does the data even mean?). He writes about injecting lab cats at one point. 8(

A human injected in the realm of 300mg of crystal LSD once, allegedly thinking it was speed... they died from that dose. I believe it's the only human documented human LSD death from toxicity.

damn that was gnarly..i mean it cured his autism or whatever but the penises in the anus...theres no coming back from that

I'm not judging - but this is a very western way of thinking.

Life isn't horrifying (birth) - why death?

What is life without death? Nathing.

Death is your ally. Makes every day worthwhile. Just got memento mori (remember that you must die) tattood on my arm. Death (ketamine ego death) set me free.

Sorry for the digression.
About 7 months ago i took 1750
I'm not judging - but this is a very western way of thinking.

Life isn't horrifying (birth) - why death?

What is life without death? Nathing.

Death is your ally. Makes every day worthwhile. Just got memento mori (remember that you must die) tattood on my arm. Death (ketamine ego death) set me free.

Sorry for the digression.
About 7 months ago i took 1800ug of lsd gell tabs i bought two 500ug and two 400ug hits and it was single handed the most powerful and intense psychedelic experience iv ever had because of the ego death i experienced and it was pretty scary but i realized during the trip so many things about my life and that you are born to die and watching my ego leave my body from a 3rd person view was wild because i see the nasty part of me leave and it was so blissful and euphoric after..... i recommend that everyone experiences ego death because it is a beautiful thing that can happen:)

shoot ya'll go hard. I got the cleanest acid of my life off my dude (I honestly think even after all these years this may be the first true batch) so I ran and got money for more and im almost positive they downed the dose so now im left guessin, 3-4 =1?? … so anyway I took six and at one point got lost in my own bathroom which although kept neat at that moment looked like blood was streaking the walls and I was in your classic haunted house/Jason movie. And I had to piss and couldn't find the toilet! luckily I managed there; but I think I was in there a good 40 minutes. I still had enough brain power to remember thinking "pick a wall and just walk along it eventually youll hit the door" but somehow I physically blew it, repeatedly. lol. Yea you coulda been well over 1 mg from the sound of it....which is not needed but IME if you want the epiphany you gotta roll the dice and jump in the deep side of the pool. (which for me isnt too often, too many memories).

1000ug of acid breakthrough is stronger than any other substance on the earth dmt, aya 5-meo eating 10g shrooms dried. None of it comes close to the madness of infinity once you breakthrough on acid i truly believe if you are sound of mind you have to do it at least once in your life to see how far the rabbit hole goes.