• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mushrooms/Liberty Caps and Thai/2.5g) - First time - Where are my legs?

StrutterGear

Bluelight Crew
First off, a brief background into my drug history. This is only the first time I've consumed mushrooms but have done acid twice, both with strong trips. I'm experienced with MDMA and Ketamine, and mushrooms is the last drug I really wanted to tick off my list. Boy was I in for a ride...

9PM
Myself and two friends (J and G) sat down in our living room and contemplated the next few hours in front of us. The mushrooms were grown from spors by our good friend (M) who is a bit of a psychonaut. We were hoping the mushrooms were going to make us trip hard; our psychonaut friend had reported they only really gave him a body buzz. G had done mushrooms and acid before but never experienced visuals, and I didn't want to know what that dissapointment felt like...

We divided a 7.5g mixed envelope of Liberty Caps and Thai Mushrooms into three equal piles, and forced them down by eating them with Galaxy chocolate. I couldn't taste anything of the mushrooms which I was pleased with, so chewed them for a few minutes before swallowing. This was it, there was no turning back now...

Around 9:30PM
We decided to play a few games of Fifa and by the second game I could feel the mushrooms bubbling inside of me. Small rushes started to rise up through my chest, almost like I was coming up on MDMA. I began to see small tracers on the Television; it was working - I was tripping !

Within 15 minutes patterns were appearing on the walls, and within 30 minutes they were breathing. We have blackout blinds in our livingroom where a big glazed pattio section leads onto the balcony. The blinds moved like waves in the sea, as if an imaginary wind was causing them to ripple.

We all looked at eachother and laughed, M was a nutcase. Just a bit of a body buzz? We were tripping our nuts off. We all thanked him in spirit for growing these little wonders, as I began my Dubstep playlist...

The trip instantly reacted, the walls breathed in time to the bass. We turned off the Xbox and decided to watch Animatrix (Google it if you don't know what it is) on mute with the dubstep playing. I love doing this while tripping, the music and the film synergise - almost as if the music was made for it ! Creatures began to fight as the song dropped, and the song sped up as the fight ensued. Whenever the fighting stopped, the song would end. Unbelievable, "Mushrooms are fucking amazing, well done (M)" we all shouted. The bass was so intense; these were all songs I listen to regularly but they somehow sounded "different". I am passionate about my music, and it was like every song I loved had a different edge, like I was listening to music for the first time ! We all danced for a bit and emersed ourselves in the film.

I know mushrooms are a spiritual experience for some, but for me it was just saying "What the fuck" every five minutes in disbelief at what I was seeing.

Around 11PM - 12AM
We spent the next two hours watching Animatrix to Dubstep and Drum and Bass, it was beyond perfect. The trip was peaking and my brain was in overdrive. I had heard people of doing double my dose, I couldn't even imagine what it was like. The visuals were almost exactly the same as my previous acid trips, I was loving it. I looked down at my legs and they seemed to dissapear at the knee under the coffee table as my vision "skipped". My eyes were full of tears; we all joked around and everything was hillarious. Everything was jittery when I wasn't watching the film, like a television out of tune. Like this but the static was just colour.

tv-sand-01.gif

(G) was jumping around the living room like an excited child. He hadn't fully experienced psychedelic visuals before. He wanted to touch the walls, he spilt water everywhere and threw tissue about. We reminded him about the neighbours, he replied "BUT IT'S A PARTY!!". We burst out in hysterics. Three blokes sitting in their living room listening to dubstep and tripping on mushrooms is definitely not a party. I know what he meant though, I had so much energy. I could take mushrooms at a rave if it wasn't for their volatile nature. I respect psychedlics enough not to take them in an unfamiliar environment like a dark dingy rave until I was completley comfortable with them. I had done acid and went out into the city with J before, and that ended up turning on me.

I hadn't really clocked that Animatrix was just an animated version of the Matrix where 6 directors put their own spin on it in a 20 minute short film. Silly of me really. I asked my mate if my suspicions were true and he replied "We watching the Matrix, it's real you know?". He just looked at me and repeated it, laughing.

I stared at him, "Shut up J". Was he screwing with me? The matrix isn't real... Is it?

I know it is easy to misconstrue off hand comments when you're on psychedlics which are heavy on the mind, so I could of really done without him saying that. Everything I had feared might happen did from that point. I was so fucking angry.

I contemplated my existence. My girlfriend has gone back to her parents for Christmas already; if she even real? Is nothing I cherish even real? Why am I tripping here with my friends? What's the point of anything? I didn't say anything for at least half an hour. Just chain smoked ciggarettes and wrestled the idea of existence in my head; is this what schizophrenia is? Everything was grey again... This was like when my acid trip went bad. Where's all the colour gone? I want it back !

I'm lucky I only took the dose I did, within half an hour I had forgot about it. We had stopped watching Animatrix and watched BBC Blue Planet instead - something real than I can relate to. Colour returned, I was back in reality. Myself and (G) went on the balcony for some fresh air. The fresh air hit my lungs and it must have been about freezing temperature outside. (G) rushed back inside and was sick in the kitchen sink; he had a Nandos prior to tripping along with alcohol for a work party, it had finally caught up with him.

I felt bad for him but it was hysterical, we all cried with laughter and after he cleaned up, carried on watching Blue Planet.

About 2AM
The trip was nearly over, there were small tracers left but that was about it. We all chilled watching Horrible Histories. I still held resentment for J for kind of ruining my trip before I was finishing having fun. I don't really want to trip with him again after that, the next time it'll probably just be G and my girlfriend.

Myself and J have had a fractous friendship for a while; we were all living together until he stopped paying rent and generally fucking up. He got into a lot of debt with another friend of ours so we moved out (me, G and my girlfriend) and got our own place. The friendship hasn't really been the same since. J went through a lot of shit so I do feel a degree of sympathy with him... He just isn't the same person anymore, which makes me sad. I want to keep hanging with him, but I don't feel I can trip with someone who makes me that un-easy.

Everytime I've experienced psychedelics I've done it with him, and two have ended up with me going through ego-death and generally just being fucked up for a few hours.

Regardless, it hasn't dented my love for mushrooms. Three quarters of the trip were fucking amazing; I don't think I've laughed that much since I was a fifteen year old. Order is already in for more...

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed hearing about it as much as I did experiencing it :)

JH

Last edited:
Haha, nice report... I've only done shrooms once and it left me feeling indifferent about them really, not much happened. Not sure if the dose was too low, but the setting wasn't really ideal, I had just worked an eight hour shift in a night club and it was way too chilled to be taking a hallucinogen.

In regards to your friend, I think it's good to make a conscious decision not to trip with him again. I think we all have those friends that whilst we are close to them, for whatever reasons, tripping with them tends to be a bad idea. Like one friend I have, whenever I've tripped with him, he gets started on these ridiculously deep (and frankly stupid) conversations, pulling out all this hippy stuff and questioning everything anyone says, trying to deconstruct a 'deeper' meaning. It's all interesting, but really, when I'm tripping, I want to have fun, not go into this introspective state where I'm questioning life choices, myself as a person etc.

Haha, nice report... I've only done shrooms once and it left me feeling indifferent about them really, not much happened. Not sure if the dose was too low, but the setting wasn't really ideal, I had just worked an eight hour shift in a night club and it was way too chilled to be taking a hallucinogen.

In regards to your friend, I think it's good to make a conscious decision not to trip with him again. I think we all have those friends that whilst we are close to them, for whatever reasons, tripping with them tends to be a bad idea. Like one friend I have, whenever I've tripped with him, he gets started on these ridiculously deep (and frankly stupid) conversations, pulling out all this hippy stuff and questioning everything anyone says, trying to deconstruct a 'deeper' meaning. It's all interesting, but really, when I'm tripping, I want to have fun, not go into this introspective state where I'm questioning life choices, myself as a person etc.

Yea I discussed it with my other trip mate and they agreed, he sketches us out a bit. I have no problem doing MDMA or ket with him because his little quips don't throw me off track and make me start questioning reality haha.