• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nucynta/Tapentadol Megathread and FAQ-All Nucynta threads will be Merged here!

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
Nucynta/Tapentadol
Megathread and FAQ

fig1.ashx

Nucynta IR, 50, 75, & 100mg tablet bottles.

What is Nucynta?
  • Nucynta, also known as Tapentadol is a Schedule II Mu opioid agonist and Norepenephrine Reuptake Inhibitor used for the treatment of moderate to severe chronic pain. It is similar to Tramadol in its mechanisms of action, though it is significantly stronger.

Contraindictions
  • DO NOT TAKE NUCYNTA IF:

[*]asthma, COPD, sleep apnea, or other breathing disorders

[*]liver or kidney disease;

[*]a history of head injury or brain tumor;

[*]curvature of the spine;

[*]epilepsy or other seizure disorder;

[*]gallbladder disease or pancreas problems;
(courtesy of Drugs.com)​

Medications/Substances to Avoid:
  • MOAI's
  • SSRI's/SNRI's
  • Tricyclic Antidepressants
  • Tryptans
  • Tramadol/Meperidine/as well as other Mu opioid agonists
  • MDMA/other drugs that inhibit Serotonin or Norepinephrine.
(Courtesy of Nucynta Official FDA information)​

Experience Report:
After being on Tramadol and then Perc 5/500 x3 for back pain switched to Nucynta 75mg x3 a day. Coming out of the office never heard of it so I took one to see how it would effect me. An hour later took another because no relief had been felt. Well that was a mistake because come to find out 150mg of this stuff is very strong. Since then Ive been on the 50's, 75's and 100's all at varying frequencies. Ive landed on the 75mg x4 a day. Pain relief lasts 4 hours, maybe 6 if Im lucky.
For me, It starts working in about 35-45 minutes after ingestion and it seems that it works more effectively on an empty stomach with food eaten 1-2 hours after ingestion. Theres is noticeably less tolerance compared to Oxycodone or Hydrocodone in my experience, although this stuff is still addicting; mainly psychologically. During periods of decreasing dose or or 4+ hours after primary effects wear off I've encountered agitation, depression, and increase in anxiety (basically dysphoria). As far as physical side effects go, I have occasional muscle twitching(tolerable) almost always in my hand/fingers, occasional sweating, and sometimes an increased heart rate. I've encountered the physical side effects In the middle of a dose up to about 1-2 hrs after the primary effects have gone. Note that the aforementioned effects during cessation of use worsen depending on how high of a dose you've been taking, as well as how often it's being taken.
For all those saying Nucynta is Tramadol on steroids is wrong from what Ive encountered. The effect/feeling of Nucynta isn't really comparable to any of the other opioids. As far as the people on here wondering about the "positive side effects"I've encountered euphoria, increased talkativeness, increased motivation, and increased appreciation of music, all of which last primarily for 2 hours (beginning at the 35-45min after ingestion). Do not try to swallow a Nucynta without fluids, they don't go down well without water and it burns your esophagus like hell If it gets lodged.
-Courtesy of Bicycle-Ride1943

External Links Related to Nucynta/Tapentadol:

How common is Nucynta in the US? Does it come as a liquid suspension or a pill? From what I've read about this stuff it seems like most reviews say it scratches the itch like nothing else. Would love to try it some day.

How did you remove the coating. I have nucynta ER either 150 or 200 I can?t remeber but it?s an oblong blue pill that almost looks like a pez dispenser candy?

Currently taking ER200mg twice daily as well as 40mcg Buprenorphine TD Patch
5mg Diazepam
120mg Codeine daily
Have found the Nucynta (Tapentadol) much weaker than other opiates eg the buprenorphine patch oxycodone etc
However seems very effective in relieving neurological pain etc
Doesn?t seem to give a high however ive been taking for yrs

I believe breaking the er tablets will give quick release as the coating is to stop stomach acids breaking down the metabolite too rapidly

Tapentadol - facts, advice and pesonal experience

Hello guys, i have been using this site for years and i learned a lot of important info about drugs so now i wanted to give something back to this friendly community. Ok, sorry for long intro. :D.

Tapentadol ‎C14H23NO
3-[(2R,3R)-1-(dimethylamino)-2-methylpentan-3-yl]phenol

images

Tapentadol potency is somewhere between that of tramadol and morphine and its analgesic efficacy is comparable to that of oxycodone. Its oral bioavailability is 32 % ( many people dissolve pills and put the solution to their ass because of this ). Its protein binding is only about 20 percent . The drug is metabolised mostly via glucuronidation but also to a much lesser extend by a CYP 2C9 / 2C19 and / 2D6.

Elimination half-life is approximately 4 hours, instant release medication lasts Up to 6 hours and extended release version up to 12 hours . With instant release preparations analgesia occurs within half an hour. It should be mentioned that taking it on empty vs full stomach create only minor (Up to 10 %) delay of onset and lower peak plasma concentrations - this type of questions are asked very often.

In terms of binding to human mu-opioid receptor its 18 times less potent than morphine ( but in reality it felt quite equipotent ). Its noradrenergic compotent serves as opiod-sparing machanism and its analgetic on its own but its norepineprine induced analgesia greatly synergises and potentiates its opioid qualities.

Its supplied as an IR 50mg preparation or ER 50, 75, 100, 150, 250 mg ER tablets..or pills ( i have this big red 250mg palexia tablets ). Instant release preparations are meant to be ingested every 4-6 hours as needed and ER every 12 hours. Common adverse effects are nausea, dizziness, vomiting, constipation, loss of balance, drowsiness and mood changes - either euphoria or dysphoria. Its schedule 2 medication and it needs to be prescribed on special prescription with blue strip and additional dr signature.Tramadol, codeine and DHC can be prescribed like a candy, Tapentadol morphine oxy and every other opiate is not so easy to score in EU ( Slovak republic ).

My best friend works for big Pharma and gave me 250mg and 100mg ER tabs to try it, since it was the second last opioid i wanted to try. Even thought i have been using codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, oxycodone, hydromorphone ( my favourite ) i was still very careful not to overdose my first t?me on this so i only took 1 x 250mg for my first time. Friend from big Pharma tried 2x 250 and had audio-visual hallucination.

After 45 minutes since ingestion i started to feel that strange gloomy warm feeling in my body and everywhere i look i can see something like gas or smoke. This effects progressed to the full opiate high with supersmall pupils and itchies and strange shortlasting hallucinations, for example when i was sitting on the toilet i suddenly saw huge amount of skinny spiders on my legs - in reality they were my hair. Than there were some strange and hard to describe small and superfast dwarfs which were dissapearing in their ultrafast movements when i saw them ( opioid hallucinogenic ? ).

Generally it was less warm experience than high dose codeine but the mental feel-good aaah orgasm effects were much stronger than codeine, 250 mg felt like 50mg oxy + 2 cups of coffee laced by microdoses of lsd. It was reminiscent of tramadol ( i am good in metabolising it since i am off Wellbutrin ) but at least 2,5 times heavier and much more noticable straight to your head feeling - basicaly stronger, reminiscent of older thebaine derived opioids.

250 mg tapentadol felt at least like 500mg tramadol but with less seizure-coming-from-the-corner feeling to it. I will definitely choose it instead of morphine if i were in situation of deciding between meds. In my opinion, tapentadol is what dihydrocodeine is for codeine but for tramadol - improved, metabolism independent version with approximately 2 times stronger effects ( but this depends on how good u metabolize codeine or tramadol because both morphine and M1 are strong mu-opioid receptor agonists ).

For opiate/opioid unexperienced beings i suggest to start on 50mg ( some pages suggest to start at 25mg ), DO NOT TAKE OTHER CNS SEDATIVES with your dose, once i almost peacefully went to heaven in sleep after other opi and benzo combination but it applies to this one also. Do not take tapentadol with other CNS depressants if u are not experienced with opiates and this types of combination.
If u want stronger high, rather take little bit more ( little bit, not double the dose ) of tapentadol and drink something with sugar and caffeine - i am not sure why but sugar and caffeine makes tapentadol ( and for me every opiate ) stronger, more euphoric and they make your mind cleaner...This will probably be effective with every CNS stimulant but i really dont suggest taking phenethylamines or anything stronger than maybe modafinil if u are on tapentadol.

The risks of seizures, althought lower than with tramadol is still present !!! .

Maximal daily dose is 600 - 700 mg ( depends on source ) but i would not go much higher than 600 if u are not slamming 3g pure heroin daily..many people dont even know that this med exist and if they know about it, they think its some superweak second tramadol patent ripoff..but it is not true, this one is medium-strong opioid analgesic with big potential for abuse and/or dependence.Smoking weed or vaping nicotine feels nice on tapentadol, caffeine compliments it too...so it Can be said that these potentiate tapentadol high ( without risk of death ). I have tried many opioids/opiates and took them by many roa ( smoked hydromorphone is number 1 for me ) but oral tapentadol provide great feeling of satisfaction comparable to oxy and in my individual opinion its more mentaly-euphoric than morphine . So guys, if u want to try a good opioid and u didnt try this than what are u waiting for, its great medication...be careful, rather take less and redose than 1 big ticket to heaven dose.

I hope i did not forgot anything and that this post will be useful for people dealing with pain and/or dependence and my main reason for putting this infomation together is to minimalize harm caused by taking drugs without any knowlege about them.

First time post . I find Omeprazole 20mg when taken with Tapentadol ER it deceases effects anyone any idea if this could be true. Couldn’t find anything online

Tapentadol - facts, advice and pesonal experience

Hello guys, i have been using this site for years and i learned a lot of important info about drugs so now i wanted to give something back to this friendly community. Ok, sorry for long intro. :D.

Tapentadol ‎C14H23NO

3-[(2R,3R)-1-(dimethylamino)-2-methylpentan-3-yl]phenol
images

Tapentadol potency is somewhere between that of tramadol and morphine and its analgesic efficacy is comparable to that of oxycodone. Its oral bioavailability is 32 % ( many people dissolve pills and put the solution to their ass because of this ). Its protein binding is only about 20 percent . The drug is metabolised mostly via glucuronidation but also to a much lesser extend by a CYP 2C9 / 2C19 and / 2D6.

Elimination half-life is approximately 4 hours, instant release medication lasts Up to 6 hours and extended release version up to 12 hours . With instant release preparations analgesia occurs within half an hour. It should be mentioned that taking it on empty vs full stomach create only minor (Up to 10 %) delay of onset and lower peak plasma concentrations - this type of questions are asked very often.

In terms of binding to human mu-opioid receptor its 18 times less potent than morphine ( but in reality it felt quite equipotent ). Its noradrenergic compotent serves as opiod-sparing machanism and its analgetic on its own but its norepineprine induced analgesia greatly synergises and potentiates its opioid qualities.

Its supplied as an IR 50mg preparation or ER 50, 75, 100, 150, 250 mg ER tablets..or pills ( i have this big red 250mg palexia tablets ). Instant release preparations are meant to be ingested every 4-6 hours as needed and ER every 12 hours. Common adverse effects are nausea, dizziness, vomiting, constipation, loss of balance, drowsiness and mood changes - either euphoria or dysphoria. Its schedule 2 medication and it needs to be prescribed on special prescription with blue strip and additional dr signature.Tramadol, codeine and DHC can be prescribed like a candy, Tapentadol morphine oxy and every other opiate is not so easy to score in EU ( Slovak republic ).

My best friend works for big Pharma and gave me 250mg and 100mg ER tabs to try it, since it was the second last opioid i wanted to try. Even thought i have been using codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, oxycodone, hydromorphone ( my favourite ) i was still very careful not to overdose my first t?me on this so i only took 1 x 250mg for my first time. Friend from big Pharma tried 2x 250 and had audio-visual hallucination.

After 45 minutes since ingestion i started to feel that strange gloomy warm feeling in my body and everywhere i look i can see something like gas or smoke. This effects progressed to the full opiate high with supersmall pupils and itchies and strange shortlasting hallucinations, for example when i was sitting on the toilet i suddenly saw huge amount of skinny spiders on my legs - in reality they were my hair. Than there were some strange and hard to describe small and superfast dwarfs which were dissapearing in their ultrafast movements when i saw them ( opioid hallucinogenic ? ).

Generally it was less warm experience than high dose codeine but the mental feel-good aaah orgasm effects were much stronger than codeine, 250 mg felt like 50mg oxy + 2 cups of coffee laced by microdoses of lsd. It was reminiscent of tramadol ( i am good in metabolising it since i am off Wellbutrin ) but at least 2,5 times heavier and much more noticable straight to your head feeling - basicaly stronger, reminiscent of older thebaine derived opioids.

250 mg tapentadol felt at least like 500mg tramadol but with less seizure-coming-from-the-corner feeling to it. I will definitely choose it instead of morphine if i were in situation of deciding between meds. In my opinion, tapentadol is what dihydrocodeine is for codeine but for tramadol - improved, metabolism independent version with approximately 2 times stronger effects ( but this depends on how good u metabolize codeine or tramadol because both morphine and M1 are strong mu-opioid receptor agonists ).

For opiate/opioid unexperienced beings i suggest to start on 50mg ( some pages suggest to start at 25mg ), DO NOT TAKE OTHER CNS SEDATIVES with your dose, once i almost peacefully went to heaven in sleep after other opi and benzo combination but it applies to this one also. Do not take tapentadol with other CNS depressants if u are not experienced with opiates and this types of combination.

If u want stronger high, rather take little bit more ( little bit, not double the dose ) of tapentadol and drink something with sugar and caffeine - i am not sure why but sugar and caffeine makes tapentadol ( and for me every opiate ) stronger, more euphoric and they make your mind cleaner...This will probably be effective with every CNS stimulant but i really dont suggest taking phenethylamines or anything stronger than maybe modafinil if u are on tapentadol.

The risks of seizures, althought lower than with tramadol is still present !!! .
Maximal daily dose is 600 - 700 mg ( depends on source ) but i would not go much higher than 600 if u are not slamming 3g pure heroin daily..many people dont even know that this med exist and if they know about it, they think its some superweak second tramadol patent ripoff..but it is not true, this one is medium-strong opioid analgesic with big potential for abuse and/or dependence.Smoking weed or vaping nicotine feels nice on tapentadol, caffeine compliments it too...so it Can be said that these potentiate tapentadol high ( without risk of death ). I have tried many opioids/opiates and took them by many roa ( smoked hydromorphone is number 1 for me ) but oral tapentadol provide great feeling of satisfaction comparable to oxy and in my individual opinion its more mentaly-euphoric than morphine . So guys, if u want to try a good opioid and u didnt try this than what are u waiting for, its great medication...be careful, rather take less and redose than 1 big ticket to heaven dose.

I hope i did not forgot anything and that this post will be useful for people dealing with pain and/or dependence and my main reason for putting this infomation together is to minimalize harm caused by taking drugs without any knowlege about them.

Do you know the rectal bio-availability of the tap? I am bothered by the low BA from oral tapetandol. I am wasting 70% of the drug.

In my vast experience I would say that it's 2-3 times more potent than tramadol, so the maximum dose (600 mg) would be between 12000 mg-18000 mg. of tramadol. Pretty strong. I have taken 12000 mg. during one night without problems, save for a few muscle jerks and nodding my ass off. But as @WellTram says I wouldn't exceed 600 mg. daily especially if you have a low tolerance to this drug or any painkiller/opioid. Even ER pills work well (Palexis Retard) but fuck! they're HARD. Sniffing doesn't hurt as much as they say (or maybe since I'm on tramadol 24/7 I don't feel any pain).

I need a hammer to make it powder, chewing it also works (although you will probably lose a tooth hahahaha) or leaving it overnight (about 12-24 hours) in a glass of Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

It's much more euphoric than tramadol and more sedative (opioid feeling?), but its effects last hopefully 2 hours, it's more similar to o-desmethyltramadol, since it has almost no effect on serotonin. It's definitely more compulsively redosing. What is positive is that its analgesic effects are tremendous. Many studies assign it a low potential for abuse. I don't know. At least I like it too much. And if it was as cheap as tramadol, I would take it forever. In part, I understand why the US put it on list II of narcotics.

In Chile, this drug is growing a lot in terms of its prescription by doctors, since they see it as much safer than tramadol and more effective for pain.

Do you know the rectal bio-availability of the tap? I am bothered by the low BA from oral tapetandol. I am wasting 70% of the drug.

In my vast experience I would say that it's 2-3 times more potent than tramadol, so the maximum dose (600 mg) would be between 12000 mg-18000 mg. of tramadol. Pretty strong. I have taken 12000 mg. during one night without problems, save for a few muscle jerks and nodding my ass off. But as @WellTram says I wouldn't exceed 600 mg. daily especially if you have a low tolerance to this drug or any painkiller/opioid. Even ER pills work well (Palexis Retard) but fuck! they're HARD. Sniffing doesn't hurt as much as they say (or maybe since I'm on tramadol 24/7 I don't feel any pain).

I need a hammer to make it powder, chewing it also works (although you will probably lose a tooth hahahaha) or leaving it overnight (about 12-24 hours) in a glass of Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

It's much more euphoric than tramadol and more sedative (opioid feeling?), but its effects last hopefully 2 hours, it's more similar to o-desmethyltramadol, since it has almost no effect on serotonin. It's definitely more compulsively redosing. What is positive is that its analgesic effects are tremendous. Many studies assign it a low potential for abuse. I don't know. At least I like it too much. And if it was as cheap as tramadol, I would take it forever. In part, I understand why the US put it on list II of narcotics.

In Chile, this drug is growing a lot in terms of its prescription by doctors, since they see it as much safer than tramadol and more effective for pain.
I’m on tapentadol for chronic pain and I don’t think it has a lot of abuse potential. Definitely not to the first time user of opioid pain relief. I think if drs prescribed tapentadol ER over tramadol there would be less people going down the road to addiction.

Just to say, yes it doesn’t have much of the same SNRI action as tramadol but there still is that action and I wouldn’t mix with other SSRIs etc. I can’t even take triptans for migraines whilst on it.

I’m on tapentadol for chronic pain and I don’t think it has a lot of abuse potential. Definitely not to the first time user of opioid pain relief. I think if drs prescribed tapentadol ER over tramadol there would be less people going down the road to addiction.

Just to say, yes it doesn’t have much of the same SNRI action as tramadol but there still is that action and I wouldn’t mix with other SSRIs etc. I can’t even take triptans for migraines whilst on it.

I don't know, but it's amazing how different people react differently to the same drug. Do you take the ER (extended-release) version? IR? What brand, if you can tell? Have you ever felt euphoria? I feel euphoria every time I take it, even with 100 mg. and due to my tolerance, I feel that enormous well-being and improving my mood. But, I imagine that the way of taking it also has to do with its addictive potential, it's not the same to take the whole pill, as it should be taken, to grind ir, chew it or just snorting. Definitely much more powerful than tramadol, so I understand that it's on US narcotics list II.

The only thing I'm sure of is that if you love tramadol, there's a 70-80 percent chance that you will love tapentadol. Many say it's hallucinogenic but that has never happened to me. Regarding the action on serotonin, it's true, in high doses it has action on serotonin.

P.S. I take Palexis Retard (100 mg.) from Grunenthal, the same german lab that created tramadol.

I don't know, but it's amazing how different people react differently to the same drug. Do you take the ER (extended-release) version? IR? What brand, if you can tell? Have you ever felt euphoria? I feel euphoria every time I take it, even with 100 mg. and due to my tolerance, I feel that enormous well-being and improving in my mood. But, I imagine that the way of taking it also has to do with its addictive potential, it's not the same to take the whole pill, as it should be taken, to grind ir, chew it or just snorting. Definitely much more powerful than tramadol, so I understand that it's on US narcotics list II.

The only thing I'm sure of is that if you love tramadol, there's a 70-80 percent chance that you will love tapentadol. Many say it's hallucinogenic but that has never happened to me. Regarding the action on serotonin, it's true, in high doses it has action on serotonin.

P.S. I take Palexis Retard (100 mg.) from Grunenthal, the same german lab that created tramadol.
I take 150mg palexia ER at night and I have 150mg IR for during the day (in 50mg tablets). I honestly don’t find any abuse potential with it but then I don’t use them to get high. I’ve never felt high on them. They are literally the best pain killer I’ve had though. They keep my pain levels down so well.

I honestly do think that if drs gave out the ER palexia to people that were experiencing short term pain there would be a lot less starting out their addiction through pain killers.

I take 150mg palexia ER at night and I have 150mg IR for during the day (in 50mg tablets). I honestly don’t find any abuse potential with it but then I don’t use them to get high. I’ve never felt high on them. They are literally the best pain killer I’ve had though. They keep my pain levels down so well.

I honestly do think that if drs gave out the ER palexia to people that were experiencing short term pain there would be a lot less starting out their addiction through pain killers.

Yeah it must be because I chew it or hammer it to make it powder (lol). But used correctly it seems to me that it's one of the most effective painkillers with the lowest level of abuse potential today. I think that in the future, it will replace oxycodone, since its analgesic potency is very similar. Interestingly, I also think the same about tramadol in terms of its abuse potential. Used correctly, in doses less than 400 mg. and for a few days, it should not cause addiction. I just took it at a time when I was feeling low. I know that I was irresponsible for not telling the doctor that I suffered from depression in my teens years and suffer from social anxiety or eating disorders, because I know tramadol has a higher level of abuse in people with mood disorders.

What has always bothered or intrigued me about Tapentadol / Nucynta / Palexia is its low oral bioavailability (32 % ). Apparently intranasal works quite well, has anyone done it?

" An intranasal composition as unit dosage, comprising tapentadol or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount that is equivalent to about 19.3 mg tapentadol free base; and at least one nasal carrier. After intranasal administration to the human a tapentadol mean Cmax-value achieved by said unit dose is equivalent to or greater than a tapentadol mean Cmax-value achieved by orally administering to the human an immediate release composition comprising tapentadol or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount that is equivalent to 50 mg tapentadol free base. "

source : https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018130948A9/en

Can someone translate what it says here for me? Does it mean that intranasal tapentadol is better and has higher bioavailability than orally?

What has always bothered or intrigued me about Tapentadol / Nucynta / Palexia is its low oral bioavailability (32 % ). Apparently intranasal works quite well, has anyone done it?

source : https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018130948A9/en

Can someone translate what it says here for me? Does it mean that intranasal tapentadol is better and has higher bioavailability than orally?
Basically it’s saying that a higher serum level of tapentadol was found after nasal administration than oral. Nasal of course was only 19.3mg whereas oral was 50mg immediate release. I haven’t read the rest of that attached source so I’m only going on the paragraph that was quoted.

Basically it’s saying that a higher serum level of tapentadol was found after nasal administration than oral. Nasal of course was only 19.3mg whereas oral was 50mg immediate release. I haven’t read the rest of that attached source so I’m only going on the paragraph that was quoted.

So according to that quote, intranasal administration is superior to oral, right? Both for analgesia and recreationally. I guess you're not curious to try this route of administration? :LOL:

What intrigues me the most is why the labs/FDA approved a drug with such low bioavailability ( 32% ) It would not be better to have approved o-desmethyltramadol which has better oral bioavailability and also has action on norepinephrine, for better analgesic synergy. :unsure:

So according to that quote, intranasal administration is superior to oral, right? Both for analgesia and recreationally. I guess you're not curious to try this route of administration? :LOL:

What intrigues me the most is why the labs/FDA approved a drug with such low bioavailability ( 32% ) It would not be better to have approved o-desmethyltramadol which has better oral bioavailability and also has action on norepinephrine, for better analgesic synergy. :unsure:
Tapentadol is good at what it does, it’s an excellent analgesic with little side effects especially when it comes to gastro issues such as nausea and diarrhoea. It does have low bioavailability but then that patent seems to be for a solution that’s suitable for nasal route of administration. Of course it does say in the attached source that there is great variation between individuals, there are no real results I can see from it but I haven’t looked properly tbh. I’ve skimmed it.

Honestly, I don’t know about snorting palexia IR tapentadol, it’s definitely not going to have the same effect as what the paragraph suggests. The tablets contain all sorts of binders etc, it just wouldn’t work I don’t think. I’d also be very cautious, even if it did work, the risk of overdose is definitely very much present with that route of administration.

Finally, I tried to snort some Palexis / Tapentadol. And to my surprise, it doesn't hurt much. At least not like the Sertralina lol. The effects, obviously, feel faster and the BA seems to be higher, since 150 mg produces an effect similar to 300 mg chewed and swallow. Not having known this before. Damn!!!

Maybe it's a Labs thing, mine are from Grunenthal. I think that in the United States, where most say that it hurts a lot to snort it, it is mainly sold Nucynta by Janssen, right?

IMG-20210815-202723.jpg

I know this is 2 years old but both Hydromorphone & Oxymorphone both have super low oral bioavailability. Hydromorphone's oral bioavailability is only 30% to 35% whereas Oxymorphone's bioavailability is a measly 10%. So the FDA will approve a drug that has low oral bioavailability as long as it's still found to have therapeutic value

ive seen mixed messages regarding bioavailability and ROA
some studies on rats claimed a difference of up to 500x which sounds super unlikely.
others say intranasal is a waste.

side note, are all doses above 59mg ER?
or is there 75mg and 100mg IR available?

im mostly referring to palexia as i know ithere are some other brands out of India that have both a 200mg ER and a 200mg that doesnt specify if it is IR or ER

Also, is anyone aware of a ceiling dose with tapentadol?
i know they recommend not exceeding roughly 600mg per day but i was curious as to what point dosing more becomes irrelevant