• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Escaline Thread

Yesterday I received a sample of Escaline sent from Canada. 15mg feels a bit like I'm about to start rolling. A little more alert, a warm feeling and a slight pressure in the head. I will resume the experiment this weekend.

A question for you who's taken larger doses; is this feeling of increased temperature and pressure in the head pronounced at larger doses? Would there be some risk of over heating like with mdma?

Well, obviously tolerance to pyches could be an issue! Even following 4-ho-met with Escaline may have coloured the experience. I find that psychedelics are particularly easy to tolerate & sometimes titration doesnt work because each dose is reducing the effectiveness of the next.

Trip reports on new compounds really should be relating to the activity of the new compound alone, not with other psyches involved & with known tolerance issues being brought into the equation!

Posts such as the one Jesus had to edit really could lead someone less experienced into making a very bad mistake!

Go easy with new compounds please people!

i really hope nobody repeats what i did in my second trial, that's not why i posted that report. i wouldn't recommend anything above 80-100mg for even experienced first time users. honestly if people read the report i made it very clear that the experience was a mistake despite any lessons learned. if people take anything from the report it should be to not mix sedatives such as benzos with their research because it can lead to foolish decisions like redosing.

80mg should be enough to get your feet wet without feeling like you wasted your stock.

I recently tried a higher dosage than my previous (first time was 75mg). This time I liquid dosed 125mg. Again, still less than a full out psychedelic trip, reminiscent of a low dose mushroom trip with faint patterning just emerging on surfaces. The HUGE difference this time was instead of feeling depersonalized and dumbed down, I was way more active in conversation, made connections easily and was "mostly" able to communicate points with a sober (well, cocaine using) individual. I suffered from tangential talking in that the the longer I spent making a point, the more convoluted and disconnected my thoughts became, but my friend knows me well and was able to construct the salient concepts. This happens to me all the time on psychedelics so no surprise there. Higher amounts of discomfort on the come up, but traded off for stronger euphoria and some very pretty visual distortion of art, pictures etc. Spent a LONG time watching Milkdrop for Winamp. All in all, still not where I want, still comfortable enough that I'm going to keep upping the dosage (I can't shake the feeling that the visuals will get stronger with more). I sweat like crazy but my friend has his thermostat up mega high so that happens at his place even when I'm sober, by the end of the trip I had some muscle tension going on in my shoulders and neck and I had tremors the whole duration (I also don't eat for 12 hours before psychedelics to increase onset and reduce GI issues during the come up, I once had 6 grams of mushrooms take 5 hours to hit me after a large dinner).

Vibra, to answer your question, I think that you will find the overheating to be generally similar at higher dosages to lower dosages. I would try and put yourself in a situation where you can alter the temperature easily (walk outside, open a window, etc) as I found cool air made the problem go away completely. I don't really know about the head pressure, there is some weird stuffy feeling but I get that with all psychedelics. It was present but not worse at either dose. Given that I don't eat and that I never really felt the urge to drink until I started getting some weird effects too late in the trip to be the drug, I would NOT use this in a 100mg dose or higher at a rave or anything. Probably safe but I managed to dehydrate myself sitting on a couch, so I would err on the side of caution (at least till more reports come out).

Phsycodelic - I found this easier anxiety wise than any psychedelic I've ever taken. It has an energy component to it that might leave you feeling restless and not quite sure what to do with it, but in terms of any kind of worries or negative thoughts or paranoia (I'm never going to be sober again or I'm destroying the universe with my mind kind of thing) I found it to be completely peaceful, the strength of it comes and goes in waves too I find, so if you are in a too intense moment, it won't last too long before you are feeling more normal.

Any one can compare allylescaline to escaline? They sound very similar. Can't really make up my mind if I'm bothered to spend money on this. Allylescaline was actually an allright compound, but it's not something I'm going to be taking very often.

from what i gather escaline is better than allyescaline just by reading reviews but i haven't tried ally yet. Going to try proscaline tonight, not expecting much but hopefully it's fun.

as for not getting anything from doses under 100mg, i'd really have to question your vendor or your tolerance, 70-80mg was strong enough for me, then again i dont' take 10mg of ativan when i trip either so you probably just wasted ur escaline doing that. Even with a tolerance i didn't venture over 100mg at a time, i don't think it'd get any more interesting at 140 compared to 100. Either way, dose low, not many people have played with it yet, no sense in risking a possible death or some shit from pushing it.

from what i gather escaline is better than allyescaline just by reading reviews but i haven't tried ally yet.
Well, I actually think they sound very similar from descriptions, same degree of visuals, Escaline maybe sounds a bit more peaceful, but with more side effects a la overheating...? I'd imagine that Escalines color scheme is more similar to mescaline. I think that AL's colors were very lush in my opinion. Quite special.

allylescaline actually does sound more potent by weight on the other hand. I think people were so disppointed by AL because it was kind of hyped up just before, while E seems to just have made an unseeming quiet entrance to the stage.

Anyway they're surely bound to very similar, so I'd love to hear a first hand comparison.

On the one hand, I understand that this is a compound that very few people have reported on, and thus, pushing too high to fast may come with certain additional and unknown risk. On the other hand, I could see how the same argument towards "taking more wont be likely to get you any further" obfuscating the potential of a substance. It is unfortunate that often people inadvertantly cause themselves injury or death in finding the sweet spot between effects and side-effects.

That said, I'm sure if LSD were not a known substance, and you were one of the first people taking it, and you took 100 to 150 mcgs, you could make the exact same argument and never find that at 250mcg to 400mcg+, the whole game changes. This is evidenced with a lot of Mescaline reports too, in which its all lighthearted fun and "nowhere near a full blown psychedelic" until that magic threshold is reached and then it becomes visionary medicine. My personal experience with Methylone follows similar where 100mgs was ok, but only once I read that 300mgs was generally tolerated well did I finally realize that it was a totally worthwhile substance.

I don't feel yet that my side-effects significantly increased to the point of concern or that I was pushing my boundaries in that way and I will continue to try escalating dosages probably up to the 200mg mark. I ~REALLY REALLY REALLY~ highly endorse that anyone who gets this chemical obviously do an allergy test and also starts in the 70mg or less range "if" they are sure they have what they bought. Just in case it was missed above, I'm pretty experienced and I weigh 240 pounds. I got more out of it visually at 125 than 100 and 75, and if the trend continues, it may end up being a really expensive full on trip. As a final note, I'm not a teenager hiding my use of this in my basement bedroom or whatnot, I'm taking it with a sitter at a house 5 minutes away from a hospital (with a cardiac center) and my sitter has benzos on hand and information to tell paramedics if I start seizing or stop breathing or whatnot. Am I taking a risk, absolutely, but hopefully one well mitigated by many factors (and hopefully one of those factors being a large therapeutic index for Escaline).

I tried escaline about a week ago. I tried snorting about 5 mg to see if it burned. Some burning, nothing too serious. I swallowed the other 45 mg of the 50 mg dose I weighed out. I started feeling some effects within about 1/2 hour, probably from the nasal dose. The main onset took about 90 minutes. There was some slight nausea but nothing like 2cX or NBOMEs or AL. I felt quite bad from just a small dose of Al that I tried a few months ago, only about 10 mg. Never tried it again after that cuz I didn't like it at all. The escaline was definitely better than that.

I had a nice controllable high from the 50 mg. I was able to eat during it but hunger was reduced. I ate a ginger cookie early on when I first started feeling the slight nausea. It may have helped, hard to tell but I didn't feel too bad stomach-wise during the trip. It had an erotic component to it. Didn't cause my nutsack to retract or anything. All was well downstairs and I was feeling pretty good all around with heightened sexual feelings.

At the peak I did start to get on the verge of reality starting to slip away and going into the psyche zone, but I was able to hold it together and maintain my grasp on reality by simply opening my eyes. With eyes closed I tended to start drifting from reality. I don't think I would want to take more than 50 or maybe 60 mg though or I might psyche out too far. It didn't really last a full 12 hours from onset, more like 8-9, a good duration. I was then able to go to sleep with no problem and no dream disturbances or anything like that. No noticeable hangover effect either.

Visuals were nothing special, some closed eye stuff, patterning and such, open eye halos and waviness. Nothing too serious. It was a pretty good experience altogether, except the noticeable light nausea the first few hours which was irritating. Maybe pretreatment with several ginger cookies would improve that. I didn't really feel like eating more than 1 or 2 cookies after the nausea started. I intended to eat 2 but I could only eat one, I think it helped some though.

This was actually the best of all the PEAs I've tried so far. Pleasant but not extreme. If there was no nausea at all it would be perfect but even so it wasn't all that bad. Regarding snorting, I definitely wouldn't want to snort a whole 50-60 mg dose cuz that's a lot of powder. I just dropped it onto my tongue and drank some water to wash it down. No objectionable taste really, just some bitter mediciney taste.

Forgot to mention that there was some tremors. Nothing major and not as bad as other PEAs, tryptamines and NBOMEs but still noticeable tremors like in the back of the thighs mainly. I guess there's no way around some tremors and nausea with PEAs. Still at least at the small dose of 50 mg the tremors and nausea were not really that objectionable. It wasn't like I took some earthquake pills like Wile E Coyote in the Roadrunner cartoons like it was with the other compounds I mentioned.

Last edited:
If I want to combine escaline with proscaline, should I treat it like the 2c-x's and scale down the dose of each? I expect them to potentiate each other quite a bit. I am thinking of doing a 30mg dose of each as a first trial.

SSRI + Escaline = bogus deal

for the past two weeks i've been taking Sertraline (Zoloft) and decided i would like to try a trial of Escaline at 100mg. i'm disappointed to report that it does not work! i experienced intense nausea on the come-up to which i was left no choice but to purge within the first hour of dosing. for the first four hours it felt as if i was on the verge of breaking through to a trip but it never got there. i experienced close to zero beneficial psychedelic effects the entire "trip", it was less intense than my 60mg dose two weeks prior. it felt like i had a flu for the entire evening (head pressure and sinus/chest congestion, chills and general malaise) - the bodyload was oddly much more uncomfortable than my +200mg experience.

now i'm not certain if the reason my experience was so weak because of purging, or if it was due to the SSRI's - but the uncomfortable physical effects were so much stronger than my previous experiences, which leads me to believe i must have absorbed most of the chemical. my conclusion is that SSRI's either dull the experience and/or intensify ucomfortable bodyload, neither of which are desirable outcomes.

i advise people who are being treated with SSRI's to avoid Escaline.

Last edited:
Maybe shouldn't be posting here on a combo, don't want to overly confuse the thread but 60mg 4-AcO-DMT with 30mg Escaline, further 30mg Escaline about two-three hours in produced super-interesting, intense effects. I think it's fair to say I got Mescaline ( or something very like what I imagine it to be ) at last. I expected the Psilocin to be the dominant thing, you'd expect so given the dosing, surely, but not at all. Wow, what a ride. Super-dissociative, I didn't expect that, was well out of body ( you know what I mean. Not really but feels OOBE same enough. ) for long periods, took a while to get back, infinite regress. Foolish really but thought safe to push. Was very good in all, would recommend at sensible doses. Escaline is what it says it is on the tin AFAICPossiblyImagine, no question, can see exactly where all the archetypal mescaline stuff comes from. At last.

Very, very far from anything even remotely rational for a time as things peaked, million possible positions all intensely experienced starting with being / none-being and working all the way out from there and back again through the psyche. Car crash territory if out in public, straight locked up for your own protection, poss. sectioned, WTF have you done to yourself you lunatic and no two ways about it. I was able to take a step far enough back as a passive observer along for the ride, do what was needed to ride the turbulence out before engaging more actively with it, there was still enough control there but only just really. Soon as I'd chilled back a bit was very, very good peak, dead euphoric, super visual, couldn't see for shit OEV, patterns on patterns endlessly, CEVs amazing, beautiful, complex geometry. Outstanding stuff.

Taken aback how strong it was, was hoping the 4-AcO would be enough to defeat tolerance enough for a trip, had it before at doses up to 60mg on its own and a good ++/+++ at that but hardly intense or demanding. Can't understand how the Escaline had such a dramatic added effect at that dose, especially when a larger dose only a few days back did next to nothing. Never experienced anything like it with mushrooms alone, 40g of good fresh Cubes was a regular thing back when I could still buy them legally UK, this was radically different. Will have to play with Escaline some more but I don't think that would do it on its own either, some synergy going on here I think. Will have to work back a little to find a sweetspot for it but will def do again, lot of potential. The Escaline's just recently come available is a winner, happy days.

Just wanted to say I took a 200mg dose of Escaline as I truly felt it had more to offer than at the 125mg point (which had more to offer than the 75mg point) and can say without a doubt that it is capable of the full blown psychedelic trip. It was overly stimulating at that dose and I wasn't able to learn much from the trip, but again, it left my psyche pretty much intact and I don't see people freaking out on it. I probably won't do it again, but it was worth the price of admission (cost wise and toll on my body) for the experience. I posted a full report in the TR section.

Does someone tried Proscaline here ? How could they compare with Escaline ?

Any ideas for a treshold dose ?

Thank you !

60mg bombed and 20mg railed gave a good, soft on the vitals, but deep ride. combines wonderfully with K. will be done again. the afterglow is pretty long and enduring, yet not uncomfortable. just be prepared not to sleep for a bit after this journey.

Maybe shouldn't be posting here on a combo, don't want to overly confuse the thread but 60mg 4-AcO-DMT with 30mg Escaline, further 30mg Escaline about two-three hours in produced super-interesting, intense effects. I think it's fair to say I got Mescaline ( or something very like what I imagine it to be ) at last. I expected the Psilocin to be the dominant thing, you'd expect so given the dosing, surely, but not at all. Wow, what a ride. Super-dissociative, I didn't expect that, was well out of body ( you know what I mean. Not really but feels OOBE same enough. ) for long periods, took a while to get back, infinite regress. Foolish really but thought safe to push. Was very good in all, would recommend at sensible doses. Escaline is what it says it is on the tin AFAICPossiblyImagine, no question, can see exactly where all the archetypal mescaline stuff comes from. At last.

Very, very far from anything even remotely rational for a time as things peaked, million possible positions all intensely experienced starting with being / none-being and working all the way out from there and back again through the psyche. Car crash territory if out in public, straight locked up for your own protection, poss. sectioned, WTF have you done to yourself you lunatic and no two ways about it. I was able to take a step far enough back as a passive observer along for the ride, do what was needed to ride the turbulence out before engaging more actively with it, there was still enough control there but only just really. Soon as I'd chilled back a bit was very, very good peak, dead euphoric, super visual, couldn't see for shit OEV, patterns on patterns endlessly, CEVs amazing, beautiful, complex geometry. Outstanding stuff.

Taken aback how strong it was, was hoping the 4-AcO would be enough to defeat tolerance enough for a trip, had it before at doses up to 60mg on its own and a good ++/+++ at that but hardly intense or demanding. Can't understand how the Escaline had such a dramatic added effect at that dose, especially when a larger dose only a few days back did next to nothing. Never experienced anything like it with mushrooms alone, 40g of good fresh Cubes was a regular thing back when I could still buy them legally UK, this was radically different. Will have to play with Escaline some more but I don't think that would do it on its own either, some synergy going on here I think. Will have to work back a little to find a sweetspot for it but will def do again, lot of potential. The Escaline's just recently come available is a winner, happy days.

Hi Sepher,

I completely agree that there is some kind of very special synergy that goes on between Escaline and 4-AcO-DMT. I will post a more complete trip report when I have time. But here is a quick summary of the most intense part of the experience along with the rough timeline.

t=0 hours 70 mg Escaline taken orally
t=2 hours 35 mg Escaline taken orally
t=4 hours 24 mg of 4-AcO-DMT (fumarate salt) taken orally
t=5.5 hours I went from a gentle ++ to a nearly full blown experience that was very akin to a good, nearly crossing over experience produced by DMT. To be clear, I didn't take any DMT that night, but the experience was so overwhelming that this seems like the best way to describe it. Everything turned bright yellow/orange and I could no longer see the people around me, just humanoid shapes for a few minutes, then nothing but geometric patterns. I couldn't walk. Well, maybe I could have, but I would not have known which direction I was going (straight, left, up or down, I don't know). But unlike DMT, I knew who I was, where I was and I knew what was going on, for the most part. I've done a lot of combo's in the past, but nothing prepared me for this. This was crazy. The very fast onset, and intensity of the peak and the brevity of that part of the trip. It lasted only about 15 minutes. I was really pretty scared for those 15 minutes, since I didn't know where the plateau would be. I taken so off guard by the speed of the onset and the intensity. In retrospect, I am really glad that I had previous experience with DMT, it put my mind at ease, a little.

So a word of warning, watch out for this combination, I really think that there is something very special and possibly dangerous about this combination.

The materials in question were weighed out accurately and characterized personally via proton NMR.

Last edited:
I tried escaline twice last week at 62.5 mg per dose and was profoundly unimpressed. I now have much less of a desire to try mescaline than before. No visuals, no psychedelia just uncomfortable stimulation that had me munching on temazepam.

Having both tried escaline and mescaline, I can tell you the the two have, besides a similar chemical structure,, almost nothing in common..

That's good then, but I don't know if I'll ever run across synthetic mescaline, and I refuse to eat cactus snot.

Took 100mg of this stuff about 2 and half hours ago, so far not impressed. Strong come up nausea, which immediately receded after puking. I'm getting minor visuals, a slight tingly body sensations, and minor music enhancement. Pretty disappointed so far.