Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3-MeO-PCP

Johnny2097

Greenlighter
[Note: Not sure if this belongs in Trip Reports or Psychedelic Drugs, feel free to move it where ever is best suited and rename title if appropriate]

[Note 2: damnit I forgot to finish the title before posting, please re-title as "An idea on the Arylcyclohexylamines and depression" or "(3-MeO-PCP / 25mg) Thoughts on sadness" or something similar depending where it goes, thanks :)]

So I've relied on these here fine forums to guide, console and entertain me for some time now, but never felt the need
to register and contribute what has mostly already been contributed (no-one likes wading through more muck than they
have to, eh?). But here I would just like to share with you all a little bit of an experience and dash of meandering
thought I had the other night, having just wrote it down for a message to my far-flung other half:

[A little context: As a troubled hash-brown, I've been prone to bouts of sometimes very severe depression, with a
continuous undercurrent of wordly disatisfaction for what feels like the entirity of my adult life. As a result, I
occasionally rely on various chemical aids to correct my wayward feels and attitudes, and have been, like many people,
on a quest to find that one molecular friend that can answer all of my questions. With great respect given, the most
obliging of all the mind-meld partners I have encountered thus far have been the arylcyclohexylamines. I have recently
had the pleasure of travelling some distances with my sometimes hair-triggered, but very kind pal 3-MeO-PCP.

Doses starting very low, I eventually settled on a partnership of around 110 lbs (my weight) to ~25 mg (3-meo-
pcp's weight). Preferred mode of transport has been IM injection. With the lights out, and some gentle, meandering
music in the ears ('Thursday afternoon' by Brian Eno being a particular treasure) and a focused, almost meditative
mindset, we have together had some life changing journeys. The following was written as a result of one such journey 2
nights ago--]

"Oh man I had the best P-hole experience the other night, as I am sure you guessed from my statuses. I even developed a
new theory on depression while I was at it. Briefly: I never really dream, usually there's nothing, it's like I black out
for sleep and even though I'm aware time has passed (unlike a blackout) there is absolutely nothing by way of dreaming.
This is probably just because I sleep deep and since dreams are usually only remembered when the sleep cycle is
interrupted, and I am rarely interrupted, there's just no memory. BUT. Right. Even when I am interrupted, and there IS
a dream, of sorts, it's only ever the vaguest notion of there having been some patterns or washy colours or something,
never a drawn out 'narrative experience' like how most people report.

THUSSLY, IT IS THUS THAT, when I also factor in how (despite this being entirely likely the result of mental bias) the
people who seem to enjoy life the most are always prattling on about crazy dreams with myriad facet, detail and minutiae,
I have tentatively concluded that the superficial 'resolution' of a persons dreams may be indicative of
background mental processes and could indicate their propensity for depressive affect, or lack thereof.

BUT HERE'S THE THING, RIGHT. Ketamine has always made me resolutely happy as compared to baseline, and almost directly
in proportion to the depth of the hole I manage to achieve during an experience. The difference is subtle, but well
established, and subject of current research. HOWEVER, in my recent trials with PCP (it's actually the 3-methoxy
derivative, sort of halfway between angel dust and special K) I have noticed that the 'P-Hole' is a narrative experience,
though one very difficult to achieve, remarkably similar to the reported story dreams that I've noticed happier people
tend to report on a regular basis. And the, for lack of a more emphasising word, *PROFOUND* spell of happiness and
satisfaction with the world that my few P-Holes have so far managed to induce lead me to believe that there is a deeper
connection between the sleep cycle, REM states, dreaming and contentedness with life. I am sure I am on to something here
and will be totally vindicated and honoured post-mortem for my incredible insights that I'll probably only ever share
with you.

As far as the experience itself goes, man, it was like a wonderful Christmas tale, the kind that'd give Hollywood a
run for it's money. It leapt off from reality, as I sat posting various unintelligible nonsense to Facebook, like a
real heart-warming novel that had all the profundity of Dostoevsky, the irreproducible comedy of Kafka, and the Magic
of a Disney gem. Every vein of worry and butcher's hook of over-thought in my life started weaving a tapestry of
absolution such that by the finale there was not a single loose-end of bare thread to be found, and in my state of
total wonderment I ran to the garden, mid-frosty-morn, and bellowed forth with shocking sincerity the words, "IT'S A
FUCKING BEAUTIFUL DAY TO BE ALIVE!"

I totally believe the arycyclohexylamines are a class of chemicals that could, one day, with careful study and
nurture, fix the many grievances and sadnesses of all mankind."

I hope you all wonderful folks have enjoyed this brief interruption to your scheduled programming, and continue to enjoy your day :)

Regards,
Johnny

Last edited:
Actually I'd like to add as a little disclaimer, the dose stated there is with a moderate tolerance to these chemicals, and in fact on one occasion owing to a slightly reckless mentality and a carelessness with numbers I've had a pretty nerve-rattling experience involving a state of almost psychotic catatonia so while this beauty has a lot to offer, I would say proceed with care and caution!

cheers for that im thinking of giving this a go next week 100mg is all i can afford but that should be good enuff to get the same style results as you :) p.s. i dnt mean all at once

Nice, 100mg should be plenty enough for a few solid experiences.

Assuming it'd be your first time on this one, I'd suggest breaking the doses up small and adding them over time till the desired effects are felt. As an example, take 5mg and wait 1hr, then add another 5mgs and wait again. You could increase by 10mg each time but I'd strongly advise waiting at least an hour between doses, if not 2 hours. For the real experience here you're aiming for a fine cusp between pleasant feelings and totally overwhelming confusion, and it's always better to take it slow to avoid overshooting your personal ideal dose.

This stuff stays in the system for a GOOD while too which means slowly and carefully ramping up the dose won't be wasting material at all, but I'd certainly make sure the next day is free of any plans or responsibilities ;)

Worth noting too that your set/setting etc are very important. You want the lights off, and a nice long playlist of mellow music that your really enjoy for best effects!

I've also suffered from fairly long term depression and had similar results with MXE. The value of the careful titration is considerable. Also, due to tolerance, that therapeutic window is never fixed, so again it takes careful titration to find it(The Land of Confusion experienced if you go too far). Weighing carefully and keeping track of your amounts and effects over time is ideal. I fear that what some people call "perma-tolerance" with this class of drugs may render them ineffective at some point. I have some 3-MEO-PCP but haven't tried it yet. Recently, I looked into participating in a clinical trial for ketamine (I don't have access to this one). I couldn't do it due to a full-time job and transportation difficulties, but used carefully, I think this type of drug is going to be a game-changer in the treatment of Major Depression. Interesting theory on the causes of MD. I had an insight that mine was(is) caused by chronic pain(emotional or physical, it doesn't matter to your brain) and resultant stress, and is almost like a form of shock. These drugs either reduce the connections, reducing pain, which reduces depression, or something else along these lines. The only other significant AD effect I've gotten is from several days Hydrocodone use due to intestional pain from Crohn's disease. Another reason why I think it's pain related. I wish you continued success!

Even if you do hit that confused state, although not pleasant, it doesn't seem to interfere with the longer-term(3-4 days) reduction in depression(for MXE).

Last edited: