• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drugs to promote creativity and enhancement of cognitive abilities?

Meth certainly gives me the focus to pursue a creative direction and persist with it until its done. But because it distorts my hearing (everything sounds so awesome), I have to wait til I am sober again before I finetune my work. Even getting my guitar tuned on meth is a hit and miss because all of it sounds amazing.
I use nootropics (noopept and piracetam) when I am sober when I am in the finetuning process. It works great.

We use amphetamines in school to do better on tests. This is a no brainer. You can't exactly write an essay while trippy.

DMAA(Dimethylamylamine) is safer and does not derail cognition over time like amphetamines tend to do. DMAA is nearly as stimulating and can be used daily.

I would have to say the mix of meth and H(or any opiate) do it for me. The opiate takes away any negativities the meth may provide, while keeping all the positives. A close second would be candy flipping. The one time I've done this, I was in Denver and had really good MDMA and LSD, and it was quit an experience. It produced all kinds of different thoughts and emotions.

my thoughts exactly. Literally.

Amphetamines makes you write a lot, but in the end it's not good writing, you just end up rambling way more than neccessary to get to the point. One of the perks of good writing is being able to successfully transmit the message and emotion while being as concise as possible. That's why Anton Chekhov is considered by many the best short-story writer ever. He's writing is incredibly simple at appearance, extremely succinct and somehow it's perfect, it sounds like it'd be an easy style to emulate, but it takes a lot of discipline and talent to be able to say so much with as few words as possible.

Yes Amphetamines gives the FOCUS and MOTIVATION to write.
Small doses of Ketamine gives me creativity like no other thing, much better than harder psychdelics, because Ketamine being only slightly psychedelical it keeps the writing very creative and original and at a level that anyone can follow, writing on LSD gets a little too Thomas-Pynchon-level-confusing minus Thomas Pynchon exquisite writing.

The thing is, I CAN'T write on K alone. I just look at the screen, or paper, and never start a sentence, but when I combine with amphetamine, I get in the zone and start writing, the anesthetic effects of Ketamine seems to give me discipline, I don't ramble, I actually care about every sentence, and they all pop in my mind with ease, I think the slight dissociation makes it so we can more easily think of new ideas, original ideas, that are not so attached to our persona. That doesn't work with LSD, because LSD is simply magnifying all your thoughts and believes at the same time, but in the end it's still all you.

I only believe in The Death of the Author argument if I know the author was writing under dissociatives, or just boderline psychotic, that works too.