• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drugs to promote creativity and enhancement of cognitive abilities?

jess046

Bluelighter
I love recreational drugs, but the main reason I want to continue to use is to build up creativity and explore the potential of my mind. I want to see what I can do with my mind by playing around with its levels, which is what drugs do.

So I'd love to hear from other people as to what you feel has enhanced your creativity/intelligence and how?

For me the most creative drugs I've used were meth and speed. Both gave me the focus I needed to write. With meth I found my mind felt much more active and I had a lot more ideas for writing and for improving my life in general. I felt like I could do anything and wanted to do the things I've always felt too insecure to do- which is what I did a few days after I used. I was suddenly motivated and inspired by the enhanced thought-processes I experienced under the influence of meth, similar to speed- but that was not as inspiring.

My other main one is acid- which is a no brainer, I guess. I don't find it as creative and motivational as stimulants, but it does allow me to explore important issues more deeply, which is what permeates my writing. So the ideas definitely start to flow as I 'work things out.' It also helped me to sort out a lot of my priorities in my life and forced me to confront my somewhat buried feelings of worthlessness.

MDMA allows me to be myself. I am able to communicate more effectively with others, and thus, by being able to express myself verbally, I have also gotten to know a lot of interesting people along the way. Which always inspires my creativity. It makes me hope that I can be this way without drugs in the future, which I see as a possibility as I get older and mature. In the mean-time, it serves a wonderful, therapeutic purpose.

I want to use drugs that will inspire me, bring me closer to others and allow me to explore who I am. This makes me more creative. So please, everybody share their experiences.

Amphetamine sulphate :)

Some people find cannabis and psychedelics promote creativity..

ketamine and telezol(hard to find) were the best chem muses ever!!

Personally I don't think any do. You might think they do at the time because when you are off your head anything that you do seems great but really most drugs kill creativity and originality. LSD et al as said by some other people might make you look at life differently and allow you to approach your art from a new perspective but people have been doing it for years. It's not the 60's anymore.

What dissociatives are good for inspiring creativity? It's the one area of drugs I haven't dabbled in yet.

I disagree that drugs don't promote creativity or cannot increase productivity. I think by changing the way our minds work, that itself springs creative ideas and thoughts. Of course, it is entirely dependent on the person. But somebody with a creative/intelligent background would most likely benefit from drugs like acid and stimulants.

On the other-hand, other people will just clean their house on meth or look at cool visuals on acid.

I am interested to hear from people who say cannabis inspires creativity. I've never understood how, personally.

i do also wanna say that yes cannabis does inspire me but then again i kinda need cannabis to inspire myself to do any art these days not however for playing music, i will play the drums no matter how i feel or what i may be on cuz its my passion but i do feel i am able to come up with more interesting beats and rudiments when stoned. i also come up with some neat stuff while stoned when im not playing and i will have to play it out on my legs to get it down and then hurry to a set, so yes cannabis is actually a wonderful inspiration for music. speed was my past motivator, being in a punk band for many years and with touring in a van it was mandatory but then punk and speed go hand in hand.

I find my recreational dose of opiates.Works wonders for creative insperation for me personaly.I become more open minded to new ideas concepts and i become quick witted.All valuble toolz i feel for creative insperation personel perspective of course!!!!:D

Personally I don't think any do. You might think they do at the time because when you are off your head anything that you do seems great but really most drugs kill creativity and originality. LSD et al as said by some other people might make you look at life differently and allow you to approach your art from a new perspective but people have been doing it for years. It's not the 60's anymore.

Almost every drug I have taken has enhanced my creativity to some extent. Or maybe we're all just creative as fuck and drugs lower our egos which hold us back? Who knows. All I know is that what you said isn't true for a very, very large portion of drug users, especially those who use psychedelics.

I dare you to try DMT; It will fucking blow your mind;

But beware if you aren't ready.. its the scariest shit you will ever do in your whole life.. even if you are rdy

'Zig Zag Zen', buy it, rent it, read it.
If there's nothing there to begin with, no amount of LSD is going to help.

Sorry.

~ From one who knows.

'Zig Zag Zen', buy it, rent it, read it.
If there's nothing there to begin with, no amount of LSD is going to help.

Sorry.

~ From one who knows.

I actually agree with you. I want to know about the stuff that enhances thought processes, but obviously you need to have a certain level of intelligence and creativity without drugs or else there is nothing to enhance.