Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

An old acid head describes his first trip

~Danny

Greenlighter
Most of you probably would think that I’m quite the old-timer. I was born in 57 and got into the LSD scene in the early to mid 70s, too late to have experienced the classical era of psychedelics: the mid to late 60s. I probably did a couple of hundred LSD trips as a teenager and only occasional use during my 20s. I’m so far away from the scene now that I wouldn’t know where to begin to look. My last opportunity to acquire acid would have been in the late 80s when I canvassed for Greenpeace. Anyway, those are my credentials.
I loved acid. My first trip was half of a small crumbly tab of 4-way orange sunshine that I split with my cousin. About 45 minutes after ingestion I realized the true nature of all things contained a colorful, geometric pattern. It was pure ecstasy, which is the highest function of the human brain -as anyone who’s been on an extended meditation retreat will attest. My psychic perception opened up and gave me access to a spiritual dimension of reality. I won’t say that I saw god because the experience of this being was not visual, but I had the strongest impression of a powerful personality that was concerned for me and my welfare, watching out for me, all my life. So I had no reason ever to be afraid again. We were in a city park and it was night, and I also believed that Jimi Hendrix’s ghost was watching us from above, in the trees. I started pretending that the hill was mount Olympus and that the Old Gods were at the top so I started shouting to them and running up the hill. My cousin being much more pedestrian, I’m sure he thought I was gone bonkers. I remember holding my zippo lighter and feeling its surface moving and sliding in my hand. Waving my cigarette back and forth to see trails. It would be cool to have glowsticks. It was like some deeper part of me that I did not recognize began to think with my mind, a genius, like a flash of a firefly inside my dark mind. Ecstasy.
There was kind of a hangover the next morning, like my brain had been emptied. But I was off and running and for the next several years I did as much as I could get my hands on. It’s been 25 years since my last ingestion but I see acid hallucinations all the time. In fact, my life is one long, constant acid trip. Not a lot, like maybe what you’d get from a quarter dose, but it is constant. You don’t even notice it after a while. I’ve never had a strong flashback, though I do occasionally get minor ones, especially when sleep deprived. It’s never gotten in the way of my functioning in life in any way.
I would neither recommend drugs or not recommend drugs, it’s none of my business what others do. I wouldn’t trade my experiences, though. I’m glad I did it, and I hope to do it again. Something clean and strong, like the first time all those years ago.

It's beautiful to hear that LSD was changing lives back then, because I know for a fact that it's still changing lives today. Mine was one of them.

Beautiful post man.

awesome post!

somehow its comforting to see how trips across time all share somehting special.

cheers!

Thanks for the report.

I personally found a myriad of experiences with more trying psychedelics/dissociatives on both body and mind to provide a great framework for my first experience with lsd-25, which I consider to be a very clean and worry free psychedelic.

Mostly the mushroom tempered my psychic character to embrace life in the way I do, and whatever the roulette wheel throws at me.