• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really bad for Alex Smith. The guy has been through so much and has been playing so well and he gets benched right before the 49ers have a shot to win it all because of an injury.

Are you saying that because of his interview where he said basically what you just wrote in your post?

I think that the majority of the starting QB's in the NFL would have had the same success as Alex Smith if they were playing on that team, so now they just have someone who can add some more energy and confidence to the offense.

How many starting QB's who have been in the league for at least a few years do you think would not have the same amount of success as Smith? A better way to ask that is how many do you think wouldn't do as well as Alex Smith if they were also playing on that 49er team?

Hell, just look at the current list of QB's, some of whom are rookies or have not been in the league for long, and tell me who you think wouldn't do as good as Alex Smith.

Mark Sanchez (who wasn't in the league as long as him anyway) is one of the few I can think of, and honestly I think he could have done pretty good if he played on that team.
Kevin Kolb: He would still probably do well on that team.
Ryan Fitzpatrick: With Harbaugh coaching him and building the offense around his strong points he might be almost as good as Smith, but I'm going to say that Smith may be a little better.
I'm not familiar enough with some of the lower ranked QB's to comment.

Last edited:
I dont feel bad for Alex Smith he had plenty of time to win the job but was a game manager at best tough shit bro form a help group with Kevin Kolb, Drew Bledsoe, and any other QB who it took an injury for the coach to realize the backup was better.

You can compare him to those other guys all you want but none of them were first overall picks who went total bust to resurrect their career as a captain on a top 5 NFL team. Im not against starting kaepernick I just think Smith is getting a raw deal like he always has. This was his first year under the same offensive system in his career and it looks like next year he will be another system at this rate.

Even if he gets traded I don't see him doing well anywhere else. It's easy to play good when you have the luxury of having a defense that can force turnovers and score points while holding the other team to low scores. Look at Tebow last year. Alex Smith is a better QB than him, but both teams were holding their breaths when they had to come from behind, and were only contenders because of their D. A part of me feels bad for him, but another part feels like he was only still a starting QB because of how well the team played.

If he is that good of a QB then you shouldn't feel bad for him because he should be getting a starting position for another team next year, but I think that it's unlikely that he will, and if he does it will be for a shitty team.

so that guy from Kansas City murder suicided his girlfriend/himself in front of his coaching staff. lame bro, lame.

Lol, thats fucked up.

So I'm pretty sure its going to be 49ers Vs. Patriots in the super bowl with the patriots of course winning and Tom Brady solidifying his legacy as the greatest quarterback ever. :) Anyone else concur?

tomorrow the rams will be wearing he blue and yellow unis they wore during the '99 superbowl year

last year they wore these bitches vs new orleans and whipped'em up for one of their only two wins

i'm giddy as fuck

Finnegan is such a little cocksucker. I hope Crabtree burns him this game.

^ I didn't get a chance to watch your team lose. Do you think it will cause some more QB controversy? Speaking of QB controversy is this the end of Mark Sanchez? And if so, do they put in Tebow or stick with the 3rd string QB?

484337_10152305804845153_227731002_n.jpg

Steelers Defense is amazing.

I can't wait to see Pittsburgh beat New England in the playoffs.

rams couldn't have scored if it wasn't for that awful pitch by kaeperdick

suck it harbaugh

feels good man

and yeah finnegan was playin' so dirty all game, grabbing losers by the helmets and smashing their heads in the ground it was awesome

congrats to arci as the #10 team in football beat their division rival to tie the bengals at 7-5.

congrats to china rider for his team's win against the powerhouse niners.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.