• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Heroin - First Time Opiate - Detailed Report - Users Feedback Needed PLZ!

blight12

Bluelighter
UPDATE: I posted and update at the bottom in a new post regarding withdrawals from the below experience.

I don't see many Herion Trip Reports so here is a detailed one to fill the void.
It is as detailed as possible but not very exciting or creative.

Please I really really need feedback and answers to my questions please. I took much time to write this especially since i keep zoning out, struggle to see anything and lastly difficulty controlling hands to type properly so any feedback is more appreciated then you know! Thanks in advance!

My first time was this weekend where i have been testing first time opiates (besides Kratom) and first time H (cant get any other kinds here).

EDIT: Ok, im done now being high now and have no product left. It went on for longer then u had hoped but was necessary to get to know this drug properly. I hope i don't get withdrawals

Its true that it takes time to figure this stuff out and to enjoy it properly.
I figured out eventually that the Euphoria is not what i understand Euphoria to be. Rather its something else entirely, something very different and hard to explain. Something of a subtle magical beauty. It takes multiple times to identify it and enjoy it.

Its also fleeting and cant be captured or forced or coaxed out of hiding.
At least at my likely smaller doses the best experience or feeling of opiate euphoria would manifest suddenly and unexpected usually when doing or focusing on something else like watching a movie or something.
If i tried to simply lie there or listen to music and await it, it would stubbornly and frustratingly just out of reach.

I also noticed two types of Euphoria, a body buzz one and a more subtle mental one.
The mental one is hard to explain, its not a mood in acrease or feeling pleasure or happiness etc like other drugs, it just a mental feeling of "comfort", and i dont think it can be explained as i don't think it manifests naturally in some way like other drugs,

What i enjoyed the most overall:

1. If being active your drowsiness and relaxed state goes away and you can feel great and full of energy.
2. If relaxing the pleasant drowsiness returns as well as the warm comfortable body high and the nod
3. I was proven right that the nod differs from sleepiness and falling asleep like i would feel in Kratom
4. The nod is a very comfortable and pleasant dreamlike state with vivid images where you are still conscious and aware of your other senses and surroundings. It seems you never notice closing your eyes. You will be doing something and then suddenly realize your eyes are closed and will awake sharply with a pleasant deep intake of breath.
5. Functional/useful and I got you a shit ton of work down this weekend as you feel very motivated.
6. No noticeable hangover or comedown
7. Itch was far less annoying then Kratom and even enjoyable.EDIT: I now notice that i have scratched myself bloody on my arms in multiple places which never happened on Kratom. Im guessing the itch was more intense but the greater Euphoria from H masked this and allowed damaging and pain free scratching.

Didnt Like

1. No powerful escape or euphoria based insulation from all anxiety, worries, life, responsibilities etc as expected
2. No pure blissful state where nothing else matters as expected
3. Come up and rush caused anxiety and feels scary
4. Would tend to in fact have slightly more anxiety high then sober which is really not what i expected
5. No sleep, will want to remain awake in any case and if trying to sleep you only manage a half sleep state with no real rest (this was mostly understood and expected)
6. Focusing eyes, reading and writing is difficult and annoying
7. Taking a piss pisses me off.
8. Smoking in bed seems somewhat dangerous with nodding delivering random sneak attacks.
9. Smoking feels enjoyable but always brings with it some annoying mild nausea

Overall not amazing and life changing like others proclaim. I feel cheated out of the proper experience somehow.
Hopefully with testing plugging next weekend we can improve the results.

Below is the detailed descriptions of the best "highest" experience

Let me describe what i think is the highest I have gotten due to being being careful and probably taking small doses.
Tell me if this is low dose, high, etc. I do nasal only and will try plugging next weekend. Will not do anything else.

1. I feel good with decent euphoria but no where near as i expected based on the "No human should ever feel this way" consensus I was hoping for.
The most euphoria so far has not yet surpassed a good/high Kratom dose however it is far "cleaner" and of a better quality but not "more" so to speak.

2. If i move around or walk i am fine and wide awake very functional. Slight balance issues walking, just shy of anybody noticing if they where looking out for it specifically.

3. I feel comfortably warm, no sweating but sometimes a moist clammy forehead.
I do however have a fan blowing on me permanently due to African heat and also since meth turns my bed into a splash pool.

4. I like to spend my high lying on my bed with my laptop. In this position:

a) I tend to get drowsy. It will come in waves where i am feeling great and wide awake and then a short while later i will realize my eyes are closed but I am still awake and aware of my environment. This feels pleasurable however i prefer the wide awake portion. Im guessing this is the nod.

b) This realization and the opening eyes reaction will result in difficulty reading and focusing eyes for a minute or two.
Usually i can stare and focus hard for a few seconds to temporarily read something during this short recovery time but relaxing makes it un focus again until the minute or two is up.
One time however i was relaxing and consciously remained nodding for a bit longer then usual. When i snapped out of it i couldn't read anything at all no matter how hard a tried for about 3 minutes.
It was weird since my vision seemed clear otherwise but somehow somebody had blurred out text like they do in videos.
This freaked me out for a good while after.

c) Coming "awake" and the opening eyes reaction tends to come with a gasp or deep intake of breath but in a positive way that feels good.
Feels like a gasp of relief maybe but without the prev state needing relief if that makes sense.

d) To confirm again at no point in the trip do i ever feel shortness of breath or breathing issues that feel uncomfortable.
I do notice changes in breathing though, like i will unconsciously/automatically tend to breath in and hold my breath and tighten chest for a few seconds and then do the same after fully breathing out. Im not sure however if negative respiratory depression even feels bad. Can you confirm?

e) I will find that often when im watching movies or series i will progress into the nod with my eyes closed and (before i realize they are closed) continue to watch and see the movie in my head where i am making up or hallucinating what is going on while i am still listening and can hear the audio.
When i realize my eyes are closed its always interesting and enjoyable to see whats really going on in the vid visuals wise and rewind to rewatch and see how close my brain got to reality.

f) If im not doing anything specifically or reading/surfing the net, I will nod out and be able to visualize random things extremely clearly and have some control. Its like lucid dreaming which i used to experiment with a lot in the past.

g) For some reason the rush (i guess what i been calling the come up, about 5-10 mins in from snorting the line) freaks me out, it feels wierd.
Last night i took a dose in an effort to find the sweet spot (was already quite high) and then sat back down and promptly nodded off.
Well the rush hit me while was nodding and it feel like suddenly something really loud woke me up and i shot up from bed and ran around my house trying to figure out wtf is going on and all i hear is this load rushing sound (now i get it!) like tornado type winds emanating from anything nearby that made a sound.
In my room that was my desk fan which sounded like a hurricane when i awoke. Scary shit!
Wtf is this sound caused by?

5. I notice a desire for speaking and being social with others if I am in that position but I dont think about it or seek it out otherwise.
I notice an effect on speech and a minor slurring which I can cover up successfully if i remember to do so.

6. During the drowsy spells its very difficult to type and my hands feel heavy and floaty at the same time. They often float in the undesired directions.

7. Most bodily control issues can be dispelled by standing up or doing physical stuff.

8. I can get very dry mouth on the come up for about 30 minutes after the new dose

9. I can get a minor headache about 2 hours in which i learnt to resolve by treating dehydration. I know ensure i drink alot of fluids at all times now

10. I struggle to pee even more so then with meth. Relaxation and psychological techniques i perfected with meth doesn't wortk for opiates.

11. I feel motivated and want to do work and think about work but this is prob cause i enjoy my work and often consider it a hobby or what i do for fun

12. So far i have been using the strategy of using small doses and increasing dosage over time waiting 40 minutes between doses to be safe. I think this has likely prevented me in getting to higher proper doses here the full experience comes out since i run out of my window for safe use (nighttime when other house guests are asleep)

13. So far i have been to scared to start a new night with a bigger dose to skip a head since the come up still makes me nervous and a bit uncomfortable.
To clarify this I have found that i enjoy the experience most during what i think is the plateau or the downslope like around 2-3 hours after the last dose.

14. I have never so far received a hangover or a noticeable comedown with even the smallest negative effect. This also makes me think i am on low dosages. Can somebody give me an idea of what the comedown or hangover of a proper desired dose should be like?

15. I often get anxiety when high and there is perhaps only minor reductions in my usual anxiety or fears when I am high and in no way do opiates offer anything even close to the commonly understood aspects of escape from reality or removal of all fears, worries etc. For me meth does all of this perfectly but not opiates so far.

16. On a strong come up when seeing is difficult and im feeling good, i will have the desire to move my body, stretch it, contort etc.

Now lets discuss common side effects of high or dangerous doses:

1. Nausea. Max a mild nausea for 30 minutes after a new dose or sometimes when walking around within 1.5 hours after a dose.
This side effect is a problem for me since nausea is a very rare thing for me when it comes to drugs. I have always been lucky to be somewhat immune to nausea with all other drugs that are known and expected to produce it as well as with large doses where others might always puke.

Therefore when i feel even slight nausea with H I might be getting overly careful thinking im on a high or problem dose when for example I might just be experiencing beginners nausea and my dose is in fact low. So, I feel this side effect cannot really be trusted in my case.

2. No vomiting so far

3. Very minor balance issues. IMPORTANT. I feel i could use this to judge my dose. Can somebody please describe to me exactly the walking issues including severity and key differentiators between low, medium, high and dangerous dose?

4. i get vision vision issues as described above. It is more rooming spinning like when drunk and less double vision. I ca n often loose the most pointer for annoyingly period of time . Obviously there are differentiators between mine and BAD ones indicating high dose or danger. What are these?

Thats it. PLEASE, if there are any other consistent milestones I can use on my travel to the ideal dose that doesn't include death please impart them unto me and be rewarded with the chance at saving a life. Thank you my friends.

Last edited:
No escape, anxiety? Ok i have anxiety in general and i think opiates are the best escape. Which is why there so dangerous. Ive experimented with Methadone, which i don't think produces as much euphoria. The thing about opiates is, i can sit there and do absolutely nothing and be happy and content. Or i can go to work and be more productive as long as im not to gone. I found when you feel that good, you don't much care about throwing up.
Did you IV the heroin? Or else i'd say you haven't got the full experience.

No escape, anxiety? Ok i have anxiety in general and i think opiates are the best escape. Which is why there so dangerous. Ive experimented with Methadone, which i don't think produces as much euphoria. The thing about opiates is, i can sit there and do absolutely nothing and be happy and content. Or i can go to work and be more productive as long as im not to gone. I found when you feel that good, you don't much care about throwing up.
Did you IV the heroin? Or else i'd say you haven't got the full experience.

No, i did it nasally and im guessing low doses as well, and yes I understanding thats probably why it didn't match up with my expectations as most reports are likely IV based.

Update with regards to withdrawals.

I did use over 4 days, nasally in lower doses.

I did get withdrawals (i think). I basically felt a bit sick, stiffness, sore throat and chest, swallowing felt like my whole "food pipe" plus stomach was painful or inflamed plus minor fever and sight Nausea. So i finished my 4 days of H use on Monday evening and the minor withdrawals lasted from Tuesday to Thursday. Today is Friday and I felt fine since waking up.

Im guessing my withdrawals where minor since my nasal ROA was less hardcore and my doses where lower. Im guessing if i had IV'd for 4 days I would have fucked out withdrawals wise.

This weekend I will test 2 days nasally and see if i get withdrawals or not and update.

^You can use strong opiates for short time frames without experiencing significant withdrawals. You did well by gradually lowering your doses.

d) To confirm again at no point in the trip do i ever feel shortness of breath or breathing issues that feel uncomfortable.
I do notice changes in breathing though, like i will unconsciously/automatically tend to breath in and hold my breath and tighten chest for a few seconds and then do the same after fully breathing out. Im not sure however if negative respiratory depression even feels bad. Can you confirm?

When someone dies from respiratory depression, they likely do not notice it. Sometimes when I am on opiates, I find myself intentionally not breathing or moving for short periods of time because it feels good. This is also likely the reason for your states of lucid dreaming. Sometimes it feels best to just relax, close your eyes, and feel your mind.

I have only done heroin once, administered intravenously. What you describe as the "rush" is better described as the onset, because a rush is usually defined as the twenty seconds to a minute after the chemical has been injected. Strangely enough, the only time I did heroin (one bundle over the course of 24 hours), which I found to be very strong in overall effects, I was disappointed with the rush. I suppose this is because the only opiate I am accustomed to injecting is Dilaudid, which has a very intense rush.

Jackie jones actually the heroin rush could very well be so intense (when i tried dilaudid my tolerance was way too high to feel any rush whatsover) because the heroin is in your body for only about 2 minutes before it's converted to mophine in the brain.

This is pure speculation I'm no ADD-head. The morphine rush by the way is even more intense often it can be unpleasant due to the extreme itch which can feel like pain.

To the OP , Please stop you had fun , don't try to see how deep the rabbit hole is.

Oh and I liked the pro-contra's , they are very much in tune with my experiences

This is a good trip report, I appreciate the detail in which you've documented your trip. And also that you've described everything you felt in a simple way without preconception. It's useful information for a person like myself who has never experienced it.

Like the mod said, the rabbit hole is DEEP and you'll have high risk of never coming out. I'm 22 and it's been 5 going on 6 LONG, long, LONG years.. :( I just got back from court today, Judge wanted to sentence me (nothing new) just because he saw I had 10 prior Heroin arrests.

I've never been fond of opiates to the degree I'd feel the need to purchase them in liue of other cheaper alternatives, but I've done my share.

There is certainly a kind of organism that can avoid opiate habituation, I luckily adhere to this group (by the grace of god and other factors I suppose). Still never avoided benzo withdrawal and was duped through the agony of perpetual SSRI withdrawal (protracted), but you can't win em' all.

Nice post thanks. I'll have more to add hopefully when I can give it a second read.

^You can use strong opiates for short time frames without experiencing significant withdrawals. You did well by gradually lowering your doses.

When someone dies from respiratory depression, they likely do not notice it. Sometimes when I am on opiates, I find myself intentionally not breathing or moving for short periods of time because it feels good. This is also likely the reason for your states of lucid dreaming. Sometimes it feels best to just relax, close your eyes, and feel your mind.

I have only done heroin once, administered intravenously. What you describe as the "rush" is better described as the onset, because a rush is usually defined as the twenty seconds to a minute after the chemical has been injected. Strangely enough, the only time I did heroin (one bundle over the course of 24 hours), which I found to be very strong in overall effects, I was disappointed with the rush. I suppose this is because the only opiate I am accustomed to injecting is Dilaudid, which has a very intense rush.

Thanks to all who responded!

Yes, i can relate to the above quoted post when i think back on my strange breathing and holding my breath.
It seems to feel great when you hold your breath for some reason, you seem to automatically do so quite often.
Im not sure if this is resp depression yet, prob just another factor of the drug.

Addiction wise, im not sure if i have dosed high enough to feel like i want to do it again or more often.

Since the above experience i still feel like i prefer my stims more and have since been opting to do my favorite, meth, instead.
Perhaps i should keep it this way, since i have successfully kept meth to weekends, who knows if i could do the same with proper H use?