Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

6ABP Report

Crashing

Bluelighter
It was a cold day in New York. Nobody had heat or power.

We each ingested 100mg 6ABP at around 2pm, and between the hours of 3-4pm, we felt very strange and uncomfortable. Very psychedelic come up.

Once the drug really set into its comfort zone around 4pm, we felt very energized and extremely euphoric. We walked through the woods for about 4 hours before going back home, overall an incredible experience. The drug is very very nice.

The effects are hard to describe, it's almost like a middle ground between mushrooms and ecstasy, (Ive never tried MDA).

I would certainly describe the experience as a 'trip' and not as a 'roll'. Music, activity, sightseeing, talking, and sex are all increased dramatically, but in more of a psychedelic way that i cant quite describe.

I wouldn't recommend doing this substance as often as MDMA, as it seems to be very depleting on the serotonin and has a very long comedown, although i noticed no day after effects. No depression or hangover at all.

It seemed like a psychedelic without the mental revelations and emotional baggage, and was very much like a mushroom trip without the potential for negative effects, and less visuals. Although there were some trails.

My next trial will be with 150mg, but it will probably be in a couple months.

Overall, great trip, but not quite on the level of MDMA, LSD, or mushrooms.

Thank you for the report, I rather liked 6-apb.

It's a wonderful social experience - lasts all day in small doses and no one can really tell you're ripped.

Also:

And please title your report in this format: "(Substance / Dose) - Exp Level - Creative Title."

Notice that? PM me the format with a link to the original thread and I'll fix it. Otherwise it will be done and you won't have a chance to give accurate or desired info/title.

Thanks

Thou

hmmm that sounds nice I might have to give this a try.

hmm maybe i should try eating it. cause when i did try it i free based it and it was more like crack or meth than any psychedelic i tried

Thank you for the report, I rather liked 6-apb.

It's a wonderful social experience - lasts all day in small doses and no one can really tell you're ripped.

Wow, really? I couldn't imagine.
What kind of dosage are we talking about?

Overall, great trip, but not quite on the level of MDMA, LSD, or mushrooms.

It's almost sacrilege to say so, but I think I probably prefer 6-APB to MDMA... since a few 6-APB experiences, MDMA seems almost lacking something, a bit uninteresting. Not that I would ever call MDMA disappointing :)

hmm maybe i should try eating it. cause when i did try it i free based it and it was more like crack or meth than any psychedelic i tried

One of the problems with this chemical is that there is a lot of bunk/mislabeled stuff going around. If you *don't* notice a psychedelic edge, IMHO you probably have a cathinone, stimulant, or some other similar RC of that nature.

Also if you need doses in the 160+mg range like some reports indicate, IMHO you also probably have a cathinone... 6-APB (of the last batch floating around at least) is plenty strong enough at the 100mg level. My first experience was 110mg and that was too couch-locking IMHO at peak. I'm thinking 80mg next time to try the lighter side.

It's almost sacrilege to say so, but I think I probably prefer 6-APB to MDMA... since a few 6-APB experiences, MDMA seems almost lacking something, a bit uninteresting. Not that I would ever call MDMA disappointing :)

They serve different purposes to me. 6-APB is *very* introspective to me and more psychedelic edged vs. the outwardly social aspect of MDMA.

I've also never had MDA before but I would say that the trip reports are comparable in some ways, except 6-APB lasts longer and has far, far less energetic push. (It also seems to me that the MDA mental trip is a little less forgiving, a better ratio of glowing reports vs. problems, but in many respects MDA is more trippy?).

6-APB's absolutely brilliant for music enhancement, for me music just flowed in an out of you.

6-APB is still a "roll" to me physically, but describing the mental aspect as almost mushroom like (without the mental loops and confusion) really fits IMHO. People looking for a "MDMA replacement" probably will be disappointed. This isn't as much of a club drug. As it's own thing it's a gem though.

There's also essentially zero comedown/crash & hangover.

It is a very baby psychedelic imo, but just enough, and no not a roll, but yes familiar territory. It does produce significant empathy in me, but without being too pushy.

Lasts all day and isn't so "more-ish". Apples and oranges really, but if I had to say, I'd echo the MDA+noob mushies sentiment as well

I've only tried it twice, and this was in the past 30 days at that. I took 200mg the first time and ~300+ the next day. If I had taken 300mg the first day, it would have been a lot more like an acid trip than an XTC roll.

Still no comedown or hangover. I wonder how Fast&Bub is doing.

-There is a comedown (as with any drug, duh), but you don't get all depressed and physically feel like shit the next day.
edit: I should stress that I took 2 very high doses for my first time.

Last edited:
People looking for a "MDMA replacement" probably will be disappointed. This isn't as much of a club drug. As it's own thing it's a gem though.

Totally disagree with this! I've done 6-APB at clubs several times now, and each one has been wonderful. The slight trippyness is a bit strange, but then so are many of the clubs I go to :) Perhaps this is just personal preference, but certainly I really enjoy it at a club, and everyone who I know who has tried it feels similarly.

Other than that I'd just like to agree with everything you've said there: It's longer lasting and somewhat less manically social than MDMA (although still very empathic). A small amount less speedy, obviously a tad more psychadelic, and seems very similar to MDA in effects profile (I've never done MDA to compare directly). The after effects also seem to be noticably less severe. I'm not one to usually get a come down, but I can almost always notice weekend MDMA use mid week due to my sad mood, and this doesnt appear to happen from 6-APB. I don't understand why at all.

I'd agree about dose also, I dose this stuff directly equivalently with MDMA (100mg + 30-40mg top up, although the top up can be delayed significantly in comparison with MDMA, which is exactly my usual MDMA dose of washed, recrystalised MDMA, and a dosage I initially find uncomfortably powerful if im not in a club environment) I'm aware a lot of people do significantly higher MDMA doses than me however, so the same might be true of 6-APB. I absolutely recommend the small top up, it works wonders.

MDMA is certainly a clearer headed euphoria, although I'm not sure I could tell the difference after some drinking has occured! I'll continue to use MDMA more regularly due to its well known safety profile (but not more regularly than monthly!), but that is about the only reason I have. I believe MDA is supposed to be twice as neurotoxic as MDMA, which whilst still not massively significant, given the obvious similarities i'd be surprised if this were not true of 6-APB also.

It's interesting (to me at least!) to note that it was MDMA induced empathy that led me to decide I preferred 6-APB... Walking along buzzing like a twat after accidentally doing too much, suddenly realising the experience was close to identical to that of an excess of 6-APB, but without the fun strangeness! Yeah, I got empathy towards a chemical...

Totally disagree with this! I've done 6-APB at clubs several times now, and each one has been wonderful. The slight trippyness is a bit strange, but then so are many of the clubs I go to :) Perhaps this is just personal preference, but certainly I really enjoy it at a club, and everyone who I know who has tried it feels similarly.

I guess I was thinking that so many people are looking for either MDMA or stimulants at the clubs, partially because they want to be pushed into dancing... and this really has no "push". Then again, set and setting can do wonders with anything psychedelic in nature (and this is psychedelic, if only mildly!). I've never tried it at a club, so really I have to qualify myself by giving a light dose a shot at something festive sometime and prove my statement wrong. :) (I've also heard people mixing small amounts of a straight stim like a 4-FA/2-FMA with 6-APB to add the push, but I'm wary of that personally.)

I believe MDA is supposed to be twice as neurotoxic as MDMA, which whilst still not massively significant, given the obvious similarities i'd be surprised if this were not true of 6-APB also.

I know 6-APB was created to investigate "non-neurotoxic" alternatives of MDMA by Dr. Nichols though. Other than that I really don't know much about 6-APB's true neurotoxic capability (or the lack thereof), nor am I sure if there is much information about this so far. The lack of "Tuesday blues" seems to at least indicate it's not quite so bad on the serotonin for whatever reason.