• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

Wow I actually can appreciate that response. No doubt Louisville is a good team.. and yes Michigan is very young, pretty incredible they made it this far anyways. It just really sucks losing on the big stage.. plus I would have won around $1000 if they won.. fuck :( lol

But I agree I feel like the officiating has been horrible throughout the tournament, not just for Michigan either. I mean I have seen a lot of bad calls...

even the end of the Witchita St/Louisville was questionable.. I felt like Witchita St kind of got screwed over on a tie up call... and it's the fact the refs are making these calls in critical moments.

That amazing block Burke had would have changed the game completly had it not been called a foul(I know some will argue against this). But think about it, if it was a block they are bringing the ball up the floor right away without Louisville being able to set up their defense. But it was called a foul... Siva gets 2 freethrows and Louisville gets to set up their defense. As soon as that happened I knew it was over. That was it for Burke, you could totally tell that he was really pissed off after that and was never the same, he was trying to force shots and ended up making some bad decisions he usually doesn't. I give a lot of credit to Burke though for keeping his cool by not getting a technical foul, he had every right to be pissed off. Also it was tough to watch him put his body out there all game.. Burke got fucked up pretty bad on some plays.. he just drives so hard to the basket

But that is just my opinion.. but I still think Michigan is able to beat them by double digit points if they got to play again.

And tbh I am a little pissed off just because the loss was so recent.. but I'm getting over it. You're right Michigan will be right back next year... and yes Spike Albreicht is going to be a superstar. I don't know if you guys noticed but not only can he shoot that 3, but he is one of the best ball handlers i have seen. I'm not even joking either.. he is almost just as good as burke bringing the ball up the floor.

Congrats to Louisville though.. I will admit I have to give a lot of credit to Luke Hancock. He stepped up big in last 2 games pretty much saving Louisville from elimination.

oh and to shimazu who said he thinks Trey Burke won't be a good NBA player. You're crazy if you think that.. Burke is going to be the next Chris Paul.. if not better.

If you think he is good when he is playing with COLLEGE FRESHMAN... wait until he gets to be a point guard with NBA players on his team.

He will average around 10 assists a game I bet.

Last edited:
and yes Spike Albreicht is going to be a superstar. I don't know if you guys noticed but not only can he shoot that 3, but he is one of the best ball handlers i have seen. I'm not even joking either.. he is almost just as good as burke bringing the ball up the floor.

don't cum in your pants just yet. he was out of control at least 3 or 4 different times that i noticed and had a handful of turnovers. but i'm sure he's the real deal, since he's just a frosh.

and lolz....just saw this. i hope she fucks his brains out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...ub-spike-albrecht-tweets-to-kate-upton-040913

re: officiating

IIRC Michigan only had like 5 fouls called on them with less than 5 minutes left

that call on burke was pretty shitty, I think a ref's initial instinct is 'that has to be a foul, there's no way he made a clean block there', if only they were allowed to watch replays after every call, I guarantee the ref that called that felt like shit when he saw the replay

for the most of what I watched(last 15 mins) they were letting a lot of shit go...I remember one play late that showed mcgary clearly fouling someone which would have been his 5th

my take on officiating is always the same, can't let it bother you no matter how much it stings, blaming the refs for a loss is just a bad look,we only pay attention to the calls that happen in clutch or that were bad, you never hear anyone compliment a ref for making a good call against their team, there are so many little things within a game that we don't even recognize/remember that end up making a difference

the team that shows up and plays better is going to win 99 out of 100 times

seemed like 'ville was prepared on how to get mcgary to commit stupid fouls, he's young and not quite disciplined

as far as mich being a young team and being back next year....not sure what their incoming class looks like and I dunno, the mock draft site that I check out(nbadraft.net) is usually pretty good and it has burke(pick 7), hardaway(25) mcgary(22) and robinson(13) all going in the top 25....mcgary shouldn't consider leaving, even though his stock might never be this high again

Dude McGary and Robinson better stay.. we need those guys next year.

I honestly think McGary has a shot at winning Player of the Year if he stays at Michigan

i think robinson is a goner, this is a weak draft class, take the lottery pick while ya can

I really hope hardaway leaves

can the petino family's trend turn out of like the Griffey family?

ya know, where jr out performs his father and shit, I definitely feel like Richard petino(Minnesota) has a chance to cash in with recruits on name alone

be like a boeheim, take over a school and turn it into a big time hoops town for 30+ years

Never Forget.

2013-04-09T035712Z_700804003_TB3E9490AZ4MU_RTRMADP_3_BASKETBALL-NCAA.JPG

Burke knows they should have won that game. Idk why but I'm getting this feeling that Burke might stay for one more which would convince everyone else to stay for one more year. I think it's possible because if they can get the whole team back there is no doubt in my mind they could win the National Championship

Burke knows he is going in the first round anyways next year and is going to be an excellent NBA player. I think you're going to see a lot guys in this years draft not make it.. I don't think a lot of them are ready to play at the NBA level... except Burke definitely is, we just have to wait for him to make his decision

one thing I forgot to say about the game was how awesome the environment appeared to be on TV, made me think back when I was in high school and me and my friend used to always go and watch playoffs, the tension in a neutral gym when you have two emotionally charged crowds is exciting as fuck, specially when you have no dog in the race and can just sit back and enjoy

Just watched Trey Burke's interview with ESPN. He is in LA right now with Jim Beilein, getting ready to accept the John Wooden award

said he will have a decision within the next couple days.

Last edited:
When Burke does go to the NBA, wherever he lands will be my new favorite team

imagine Burke playing PG with Kobe on his team

Honestly though I hope he goes to the Pistons or Timberwolves and eventually become the face of the franchise

all i'm hearing is that he's probably not even 6 foot tall and is way too small to be a great nba player

i'm not at all rooting against him, just think he's got some work to do

it's not like his passing skills are anything special, not that he can't be coached up

Michigan star Trey Burke to enter NBA draft
USA TODAY ‎- 1 hour ago
Burke will formally announce his decision to turn pro on Sunday.

Yep I just heard.

damnit that sucks.. but oh well he has nothing left to prove on the NCAA level.

Like I said though where ever he lands will be new favorite team cause I'm going to follow Burke's pro career
I like the NBA, but not enough to have a favorite team.. I just have a bunch of favorite players

That will change though when Burke gets drafted. I hope he goes to Detroit or Minnesota

wherever mbakwe gets drafted in gonna be my new favorite team(2nd round pick)

might take him a few years to get some P.T. though, even though he's like 25 years old right now

just found out Russ Smith and JR Smith aren't related

definitely a wtf moment, they even play similar lol

I mean they look pretty similiar too
NSFW:
j-r-smith-2012-espy-awards-01.jpg

russ_smith_2011_headshot.jpeg

weird...

Noel is leaving UK... Good luck to him in his mediocre and short lived nba career. I wish we could at least get 2 years with these players...

Noel is leaving UK... Good luck to him in his mediocre and short lived nba career. I wish we could at least get 2 years with these players...

I'm sure the Bobcats will draft him. I mean its not like a UK player has ever been drafted high after a major leg injury and the team who drafted him regretted it for years, right?

Oh wait.......

Loaded......omfg. But how good will they be???

UK: 3 more recruits

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Kentucky has added three more pieces to what's considered its greatest recruiting class with the signings of Julius Randle, Dominique Hawkins and Dakari Johnson.
Highlighting this group are McDonald's All-Americans Randle and Johnson, both of whom are expected to improve the Wildcats' frontcourt.

Randle, a 6-foot-9 forward from Plano, Texas, is considered a top-five prospect and was co-MVP of the Jordan Classic all-star game. Johnson, a 6-10 center, is listed by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 9 overall prospect after leading Montverde (Fla.) Academy to the National High School Invitational championship.
Hawkins, from Richmond, Ky., led Madison Central High School to the state title and is the state's Mr. Basketball. The 6-1 guard averaged 20.4 points and 5.6 rebounds during the Sweet 16 tournament and was most valuable player.

Hawkins, Randle and Johnson join twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison, Marcus Lee, Derek Willis and James Young in what's considered Kentucky's best recruiting class ever. The other five players committed to the Wildcats during the fall signing period.

This is almost unfair now. Better get them early because I have a feeling they will be a lock for the Final Four in Big D (I wont go so far to say they will win a NC though. ;)).