• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
Anyone catch that UK Maryland game last night? Hard to believe the season is already starting!

Who do you guys think are the ones to watch this year? Indiana, Louisville, and Kentucky obviously...

The Tennessee fucking vols

I'm so happy I don't have to watch anymore college football this season.

Every year I dont know anything about the current College Players and just make all my picks in March over a couple games I may have watched that year. Its horribly inefficient but occoasionally it works out

I'm a lifelong UK fan, I bleed blue and all that. We are the only team in the country this year that isnt returning with one of our former starters. Even so, it comes with the territory of being #1 for so long that we are expected to win every game all the time. Polson and Wiltjer were great surprises there last night. I think it did all of the players and Coach Cal some good to actually get in there and play and competitive game and prove to themselves they have it in them to win. The monkey will be off their back this week against duke, they will have to compete against mason plumlee an experienced and talented senior.

This will be the first time the two teams have met in TEN YEARS.. no pressure there! I expect to see another very tight game with UK pulling it off in the end.

minnesota 72
american - 36

great start gophers i don't care who you played

they are going to fuck up duke on thanksgiving

I'm glad to see college b-ball back. UK, Indiana, Gonzaga are the buzzing teams going into this season (others too but these are the 3 I've heard about most often).

Opening games on the Navy ships is cool but too bad the weather didnt cooperate. Someone forgot to tell UConn that Jim Calhoun is retired. They looked really good in the 1st half against MSU.

I'm a lifelong UK fan, I bleed blue and all that. We are the only team in the country this year that isnt returning with one of our former starters. Even so, it comes with the territory of being #1 for so long that we are expected to win every game all the time. Polson and Wiltjer were great surprises there last night. I think it did all of the players and Coach Cal some good to actually get in there and play and competitive game and prove to themselves they have it in them to win. The monkey will be off their back this week against duke, they will have to compete against mason plumlee an experienced and talented senior.

This will be the first time the two teams have met in TEN YEARS.. no pressure there! I expect to see another very tight game with UK pulling it off in the end.

Polson just guaranteed himself playing time for the remainder of the season. Being the first game, I'm trying not to be too critical but Noels didnt show me much. His problem will be the comparisons to Davis after he did just about everything you can do in college b-ball, the NCAA tourney and oh yeah, a gold medal in the Olympics this past year. I can already see them losing some close ones because of foul shooting (Noels and Cauley-Stein). The good thing about Calipari scheduling these tough games early is it gets them battle tested. The Duke game will be the first one of that kind.

Yeah I agree with you. I think its great that Polson is doing so well. Hes a KY native and has followed UK basketball his entire lie. It must be like a dream being out there making game winning plays for the cats. I hope he continues to improve and sees more and more play time. Noels was a little dissapointing but look at all he was being up against. Comparisons against Davis, himself being the #1 draft pick.... I think he got a lot left to show that we didnt really get to see. Polythress looked like a deer in the headlights several times the other night. Cal needs to do some major one on one with him. He gets too excited and makes stupid mistakes. Luckily maryland wasnt able to capitalize on them that night.

Also Wiltjer is a solid played, good 3 point shooter obviously, good at the foul line, but he needs to work better at his defense and agility, I know thats difficult for a 7 foot tall guy but its like sometimes he needs a fire lit under his ass to get him going.

Yeah I agree with you. I think its great that Polson is doing so well. Hes a KY native and has followed UK basketball his entire lie. It must be like a dream being out there making game winning plays for the cats. I hope he continues to improve and sees more and more play time. Noels was a little dissapointing but look at all he was being up against. Comparisons against Davis, himself being the #1 draft pick.... I think he got a lot left to show that we didnt really get to see. Polythress looked like a deer in the headlights several times the other night. Cal needs to do some major one on one with him. He gets too excited and makes stupid mistakes. Luckily maryland wasnt able to capitalize on them that night.

Yep, I was sitting and wondering what the hell he was even doing on the court.

Also Wiltjer is a solid played, good 3 point shooter obviously, good at the foul line, but he needs to work better at his defense and agility, I know thats difficult for a 7 foot tall guy but its like sometimes he needs a fire lit under his ass to get him going.

This kid, if he improves on what you said (which I agree on), will be a draft steal for an NBA team. He reminds me of Steve Novak of the Knicks but with much better size.

christ almighty. 2 UK fans in here now. UK bball fans are worse than georgia football fans.

i look forward to whipping your ass this year.

Still not over that thrashing we gave you last year huh? 69-44? Yeah that sounds right.

christ almighty. 2 UK fans in here now. UK bball fans are worse than georgia football fans.

i look forward to whipping your ass this year.
speaking of UGA their hoops team fucking blows, nobody cares, but missed out on $700 cause they couldn't cover, yet alone compete vs the mighty penguins of youngstown state last night

and gopher update:
minnesota:82
toledo:56

the best dunker in the land, he should have 30 dunks by conference player, rodney williams:

20120309_lbm__ss1_001_extra_large_medium.jpg

i think he'll be a lottery pick cause of how awesome of a dunker he is and he's progressed as a player sooo much since two years ago, and is 6'7 and long...needs to either work on his post game or develop a better outside shot, one or the other, both would be sweet

i believe UGA had 15 points in the first half last night.
i'm going to run over a UK fan on my way home from work tonight.

they had like 6 points 12 minutes deep into the game

like a dork i had that game up in yahoo

lesson learned

and as far as UK i used to be a hater, but i fucking love coach cal that guy is smart and smooth as fuck and i respect him for that

i'm just a salty tennessee fan, that's had to endure years of ass kickings from them. but they really are obnoxious, and travel really well. in the first round of the sec championship last year, the place was full of UK fans, and they weren't even playing in the first round. i did give some drink tickets to a couple of them, because i'm a really good person.

CR I didn't know you were a Minnesota fan? That is kind of random, how did you become a Gophers fan?
I'm from MN by the way.

Anyways.. Michigan vs. Cleveland St. tonight. Let's go BLUE!

been a gopher fan since the bobby jackson days

i don't know how it happened, i was like 8 years old

even though it was taken away from them, they did make the '97 final four, too bad coach clem haskins was bad at hiding things

me and my bro were into the entire sports realm and payed attention to what was going on nationally and completely ignored local teams

gophers rotation is deep as fuck and will make a run this year and the program will be saved, once tubby learns how to recruit extra dirty that's when we become nationally relevent again and big time recruits will come, fucking williams arena is the best arena in the nation and you'd think more zoo freaks should want to spend 6 months on the only D1 campus in minnesota

i'm just a salty tennessee fan, that's had to endure years of ass kickings from them. but they really are obnoxious, and travel really well. in the first round of the sec championship last year, the place was full of UK fans, and they weren't even playing in the first round. i did give some drink tickets to a couple of them, because i'm a really good person.

Everybody hates us, only duke is hated on more than us, as far as I can tell. Everytime anyone plays us its like the other team has a david v. goliath mentality, that extra spark or whatever tht makes them work harder because they want to beat #1, then if like last week some team simply comes close to beating us its some huge deal... Evenif its the first game, even if we have all new starters. It must be nice to be on a team where no one ever expects you to win, so when you pull a decent showing out your ass its the upset of the century and your team gets to storm the court like a bunch of retards. Comes with the territory I guess.