• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Heroin: Shooting vs Snorting

@rules

It's been over three years since you made this post. How are you currently doing? I am asking out of curiosity. I am genuine when I say that I hope you are still alive. I am going to assume the needle took over your life. I am a fellow addict so I mean no insult by my post. Please reply.

@rules

It's been over three years since you made this post. How are you currently doing? I am asking out of curiosity. I am genuine when I say that I hope you are still alive. I am going to assume the needle took over your life. I am a fellow addict so I mean no insult by my post. Please reply.

Doubting you'll get a reply as "rules" hasn't logged in since 2013, about two years.

Like most heroin IV users, I will always prefer to shoot over snort. Always. I used to have a fear of needles but now I love them. How weird is that?

I smoked heroin for years before first I slammed. Only snorted once in jail cuz no foil and didn`t want to share needles. But I first shot over a year and a half ago and since then have shot maybe around 30 times? and never over .1. I just didn`t want to make that my main ROA because of all of the added problems it brings like STDs, missed shots, dirty cotton shots, cotton fever (this one blows), veins collapsing, harsher WDs, track marks, tons of shit. I have been opiate clean for a couple of months now but even at my worst I never considered myself a "needle user" though I used it when necessary or for a little treat. I`ve seen people lose limbs, O.D. and all that shit, and just like anything else, after the magic of shooting is gone, you`ll be getting just as high as you were snorting (with faster onset of course) but with all the new added stresses. IMO it`s not worth it but heroin really isn`t worth it to begin with.

LOL STDs

What sexually transmitted diseases do you get from using a needle? Obviously it would need to be a needle that someone else has used.

3-4 bags caught you a nod and you are complaining? bro the other day i took 2 grams to the face to get a nod. some n**** aint grateful fuh shit.

Last edited:
its really a catch .22 with any ROA. back in the states and russia, the afghani number 4 you get is solid to snort or shoot without cooking, never had to cook before. now here in israel, the dope here will not cook up without acid added in, and once it does - not sure if i am even doing it right, it doesn't cause a rush. so with my bad, fifteen years plus of dope shooting veins, this means it takes me many tries to hit properly, and then with no rush - it mkes it pointless to take the risk. i tried to smoke the stuff, but it did not offer a better feeling that snorting, so now i just snort half a gram to a full gram when i do it, and wait for it to come on, the heavy thud feeling of the high kicking in is really uniue. not like a rush, but close, when ou snort a LOT at once. wouldn't recommend this to inexperienced users however, and i usually test dope unless i am buying from the same guy several days in a row. shooting does offer advantages such as if you buy points or whatever, but these days i prefer to just wait until i can afford a gram, which is far cheaper here in israel than most places in the US, and just snort a ton of it instead of trying to do points. for those that cant... it isnt an option. the poorer you are, the less money you have, the more likely ou will have to shoot it to make it worthwhile, but these days i prefer not to take the chance.

So I posted here in 2013... still sniffing it... I only know two other users who sniff their dope, and I've met alot of users the past few years. And ya know what? Me and these other two guys who sniff it. we're the ONLY addicts I know who AREN'T complete scumbags and actually hold down decent jobs. Another reason I never wanna go down the path of sticking myself.

I find it extremely awkward when I deal with someone I don't know and they sniff and I shoot. I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable but at the same time I want to shoot heroin.

^^^ ya shouldn't, I've been sniffing in a shootin gallery before, if you do heroin fuckin realize that people have preferred ROAs and if you can't handle the sight of a needle don't go to hospitals sissies.

That's my take on it anyway. Comes with the territory.

I only sniff heroin. Never IV. The heroin I've scored has been good quality to awesome. So snorting has worked for me so far. I don't think I will IV any drug. No thanks.

I find it extremely awkward when I deal with someone I don't know and they sniff and I shoot. I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable but at the same time I want to shoot heroin.

This.

Last to me I had some one smokin an they kept tryna come in while I was preppin an bout to hit like nikka I don't want or need you watching me do this shit.

If your that curious Google it mofo.

^haha.

I shoot up in front of ppl if they use hard drugs and dont shoot. If they dont wanna watch they can look away... i have gotten slack for it before though...

I will never switch to IV heroin due to horror stories such as these. Yeah i'm sure it feels amazing but i'm quite satisfied with the euphoria that i'm getting from snorting it. Fucking up all your veins, risking OD, etc. is just not worth chasing that rush...

I tried shooting twice, doing half a bag each time. I had just gotten out of jail so my tolerance was near 0. Both times I got a great high, but no real "rush". I then did not use the following day and then two days later, I used half a bag via snorting and it was a better and longer lasting high than when shot. Both times it was similar quality dope. I told myself I'd never shoot for years and after trying it those times, I feel it was simply not worth it. It was not as long lasting and less euphoric. Anyone else have this happen to them? I am now back to exclusively snorting and never plan to pick up a rig again.

I've been there a couple times. I was the one snorting though. I told them to do their thing, and I looked away at the parts that gross me out. How difficult is that?

Generally I think the polite thing to do, if you're shooting up, and you're around someone who's "not into it", is to use the bathroom, or just another room generally-speaking. With that being said, if never really bothered me if people did it around me back when I didn't shoot up...my philosophy was always that hey, I'm already doing heroin, I'm not gonna say "whoa buddy! Needles? C'mon man, class it up a little bit!" 8)

i'm quite satisfied with the euphoria that i'm getting from snorting it.
the euphoria will end then you will start IV'n and you will get it back but that will end as well. Then you're just medicating yourself to avoid dopesick.

psh-I know this is harm reduction, but I think the fact that hospitals need to use a sonogram to put in an IV on me speaks volumes.

I switched to shooting pretty quickly in my heroin using career. Cause unlike some people I was pretty much trying to self destruct. In hindsight I kinda wish I hadn't. I loved opiates before I started shooting. But after experiencing the rush of IV heroin, everything else seems second rate by comparison. I woulda been better off not finding out. But at the time I was out to destroy myself so younger me would probably just hear that it was a bad thing and do it anyway. Younger me was very sad and desperate.

Last edited:
Although I know dope can ruin your life taken in any form, I've seen many friends and family get DESTROYED, od, contract hepatitis, and become such scum when they were shooting up! Seen them do things I know damn well they never would have if they weren't shooting up. �� Personally, I have only snorted. And although I am not perfect, I am a functioning adult that keeps a stable job, pays my bills on time, takes care of all of my responsibilities, etc etc. now, I'm not saying I'm better then anyone... To each their own... I'm just going by my own personal experiences... And id rather not find out what type of person I may become if I decide to shoot up... Maybe I'll be the same... But I don't want to find out. If that's your choice, you go ahead... I'm just content like this, and have been for years. =P

i have a fam member that became homeless cause of that shit, and would allow his wife to sell herself for their next high! Smh. Such a shame.

Was this post directed at me?

No sir and looking back at the thread it seems like I only post in here when I am fucked up beyond belief. I don't even know what that post meant.

On the topic, strangely enough I am fascinated by IVing drugs but not opiates, I prefer longer durations.