• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Apex student dies after taking LSD; another teen charged

Bluelight Crew
An Apex High School student died after taking LSD, and police have charged another teen with selling him the drug.

Timothy Justin Castaneda, 17, was unconscious when police and EMS were called about 1:45 a.m. Oct. 6 to a wooded area behind Beaver Creek Cinemas in the Beaver Creek Shopping Center. Castaneda was taken to Wake Medical Center and died seven days later.

Police charged fellow student Ryan Laches, 17, with two counts of selling LSD to Castaneda.

Castaneda was with three other teenage boys when police arrived. All three independently said Laches had supplied the LSD, according to a search warrant made public Tuesday. The other teens told police that Castaneda had taken two “hits” of LSD about 11 p.m. and soon began “freaking out,” according to the warrant.

The teens said Castaneda’s behavior continued until he collapsed shortly before they called 911 nearly three hours later, according to the warrant.

Bob Whitaker of Cary said his 15-year-old son was at the same party as Castaneda that night. The two were friends. The next morning, police arrived at Whitaker’s house to ask him whether his son was alive and safe. “I was totally shocked,” Whitaker said.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10...ter-apparent.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

This is like the 10th death I've seen attributed to LSD this year. Mostly from something resembling excited delirium. But I've yet to see a single resource produce laboratory data. I think the public needs to know what is actually being put on blotters etc. at the present time.

There are some that haven't even been reported. One of my best friends died after taking what someone said was LSD. People are scum bags, selling things as LSD is becoming more and more common. It's to the point where people should be testing LSD they get the same as MDMA. I know I do.

^ My ecstasy test kit says -

for an LSD reaction -

Marquis will turn olive/black

Mecke will turn greenish/black

I haven't tried it with LSD tho, that's just what the pamphlet with it says.

This is like the 10th death I've seen attributed to LSD this year. Mostly from something resembling excited delirium. But I've yet to see a single resource produce laboratory data. I think the public needs to know what is actually being put on blotters etc. at the present time.

Yeah sounds like someone is laying blotter with super potent RCs.

There are LSD testing kits?

There were/are ehrlichs reagent test kits for such. . .

Yeah, I've noticed the uptick in "LSD" deaths as well. *Cough*NBOMe*cough*

I would think a blotter would have to be laid thick for buccal administration to result in a death. Or idiotic dosing. . .

Or the safety profile is even worse than we thought, and some people are just much more sensitive to such. . .

An Apex High School student died after taking LSD, and police have charged another teen with selling him the drug.

Timothy Justin Castaneda, 17, was unconscious when police and EMS were called about 1:45 a.m. Oct. 6 to a wooded area behind Beaver Creek Cinemas in the Beaver Creek Shopping Center. Castaneda was taken to Wake Medical Center and died seven days later.

Police charged fellow student Ryan Laches, 17, with two counts of selling LSD to Castaneda.

Castaneda was with three other teenage boys when police arrived. All three independently said Laches had supplied the LSD, according to a search warrant made public Tuesday. The other teens told police that Castaneda had taken two “hits” of LSD about 11 p.m. and soon began “freaking out,” according to the warrant.

The teens said Castaneda’s behavior continued until he collapsed shortly before they called 911 nearly three hours later, according to the warrant.

Bob Whitaker of Cary said his 15-year-old son was at the same party as Castaneda that night. The two were friends. The next morning, police arrived at Whitaker’s house to ask him whether his son was alive and safe. “I was totally shocked,” Whitaker said.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/10...ter-apparent.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

2 hits of LSD

Soon began freaking out.

Sounds like 25i brahhh

Don't under estimate the power of LSD. My cousin freaked out for 6 hours on 3 hits and I had to chase him down the street as he ran naked. He was so far gone he couldn't talk rationally and could only scream "they are trying to kill me!" very intense trip for me (on 6 hits of the same) his retarded friends kept thinking he was fine like let him go get water which lead to the street nakedness. They let him "roll a blunt" which was him break up weed then he screamed and threw buds everywhere. The best was when they tried to let him play guitar he started playing singing then shouted really loud and bashed his guitar into the computer. This was on 3 hits.

I'm not saying this episode or any of them are acid I'm just saying don't under estimate it. Sad turn of events though, and snitching.

Also the comments on the article are so misguided. I hate when people from the 60s act like they know drugs. What is good and bad acid or natural and synthetic, talk about miseducation. It makes me so upset, I wish there was a way to educate people, these articles only hurt acid. Good thing it's already considered evil I guess.

^^^
Oh LSD can cause some hardcore freakouts but dropping dead suddenly is not one of its properties

^^^
Oh LSD can cause some hardcore freakouts but dropping dead suddenly is not one of its properties

Right foaming at the mouth dying 7 days later are not things acid does. Not even in the most ridiculous and stupid doses.

Can another person please leave an intelligent comment on that article. That guy from the 60s telling a story about a janitor arg I wanna punch him in the face. People back then didn't know anything, that was the age before wide spread resources. What a fool. Sorry people like that really upset me :(

^ Agreed, the stuff shouldn't be underestimated. I've seen my GF completely lose touch with reality on it, twice.

That said, if the poor kid died seven days after taking LSD... then LSD didn't kill him.

The state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill has not said how Castaneda died.

Epilepsy I'll bet.

There are LSD testing kits?

If you use Ehrlich's reagent, Marquis reagent, and Mecke reagent you can determine if you have authentic LSD. Ehrlich's turns violet in the presence of LSD or 5-MeO-AMT but NOT in the presence of DO* or *-NBOMe.

If you use Ehrlich's reagent, Marquis reagent, and Mecke reagent you can determine if you have authentic LSD. Ehrlich's turns violet in the presence of LSD or 5-MeO-AMT but NOT in the presence of DO* or *-NBOMe.

and from my understanding, 5-MeO-AMT is fairly rare-but still possible-so it is likely that you have LSD on your hands if the Ehrlich's test turns violet.

I only made that comment because of how quickly the comeup for 25i can be (ime ~15 minutes after smoking) and how it can be compared to LSD. And then he died which also makes me think 25i.

Buy blotter people. There are like only five possbile additives small enough to be active on it. LSD is non toxic on blotter almost always.... If you are eating sugar cubes from unreliable sources its your own damn fault.

I call bullshit on a minuscule amount of blotter killing someone.

the NBOME's get sold on blotter by vendors. It is highly likely that there is a large amount of 25i on blotter circulating. I also doubt that LSD caused this death, it was definitely something else.

This is so dumb. You cant die from taking lsd. Look up lsd thumbprint. People been taking milligrams to points of crystal lsd and come out fine. Fuckin RC's...