External links:

bluelightrule_orange.png

Subthreads:

bluelightrule_orange.png

Relevant Threads:

bluelightrule_orange.png

Previous Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried this RC and it was just awesome, only 6 mg to test. Also tried NBOME but it was not interesting enough to buy again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on a drugpage forum said that his FOAF had dies from combining 4aco-dmt with harmalas.

Apparently he got very serious serotinin syndrome that led to his death.

This to me sounds very sketchy since 4acodmt seems to have very similar effects to 4ho/po-dmt that is in mushrooms and ive never heard about anyone getting any serious issues with that combo.

is that an MAOI?

Its a RIMA, so a reverseable maoi, alot milder than any pharm grade stuff.

Usually harmalas are dangerous to combine with stims like mdma or other stuff that gives you a serotonin release.

Alot of people use harmalas in combination with natural psychs such as shrooms or cacti, harmalas are also the active maoi in ayahuasca and makes dmt orally active.

Sounds pretty fishy indeed. 4-AcO-DMT doesn't seem to have serotonergic feel, at least in my experience. Sometimes the experience can be overwhelmingly disphoric even. Does anybody get a serotonin push from 4-AcO-DMT?

Tried this RC and it was just awesome, only 6 mg to test. Also tried NBOME but it was not interesting enough to buy again.

NBOMe is a series of drugs, not one drug. There's NBOMe-Mescaline, 25C-NBOMe, 25D-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe, 25E-NBOMe, and more.. They all exert different effects, so if one didn't impress you, another still might. :)

I edited your post. We don't allow "What should I take?" questions here. If you want to find which drugs you'd enjoy then read through the respective threads and do your own research - everyone is different, for example 4-AcO-DMT the chemical we're discussing here is one that induces bad/difficult trips in me nearly every single time I take it - and it might just turn out the drug I'd suggest to you, that makes me feel great, would do that to you. Everyone is unique, so do your own research based on what you like and enjoy :)

You said you wanted something happy and smiley though, so maybe check out both the Most Gentle Psychedelics Thread, and if you're feeling a little more fun, the Most Recreational / Euphoric / Social Psychedelics Thread :)

Hope this helps.

Back on topic.

I can't see any way this would trigger the release of serotonin, is it possible he simply dosed this too high in combination with the harmalas? 4-AcO-DMT at higher doses can really raise heart rate, when I overdosed on around 100mg my heart was beating through the roof and people around me were really scared I was going to die. If someone took a really high dose like this and added an MAOI into the mix I could see it being fatal.

I think more likely though someone just had something that was 4-AcO-DMT. It's unlikely we'll ever know though. I'd proceed with caution either way.

Just wondering what you guys thought about taking 4-Aco-Dmt for the first time at a rave type event. Unfortunately with my schedule I wont be able to try it in the few weeks leading up to this event.

I am (in my opinion) quite experienced with various phens, some trypts (mush, dmt and 5meomipt), LSD and others (DXM and K). And I have used them all with great success, at these sorts of events (with the exception of dmt, which I havent used anywhere but at home).

However I have read that 4 aco can be quite sedating which wouldnt really match with this sort of event but perhaps in the right setting it wouldnt be quite so sedating.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tired

In my circle I have noticed that 4-aco-dmt, more than any other chemical -- research or "established" -- seems to trigger total panic during the come up, especially in social situations. The come-up can be really abrupt and it seems to trigger fight-or-flight type anxiety which can sometimes rapidly snowball into a bad trip/temporary psychosis. A change of scenery and a little time usually helps and mostly the trip can be salvaged, but it's so unstable I don't really consider 4-aco-dmt a social drug or a good candidate for public situations anymore. Although it's possible we are just dosing too high? Dosage range 15-25mg, across a few different batches.

Just wondering what you guys thought about taking 4-Aco-Dmt for the first time at a rave type event. Unfortunately with my schedule I wont be able to try it in the few weeks leading up to this event.

I am (in my opinion) quite experienced with various phens, some trypts (mush, dmt and 5meomipt), LSD and others (DXM and K). And I have used them all with great success, at these sorts of events (with the exception of dmt, which I havent used anywhere but at home).

However I have read that 4 aco can be quite sedating which wouldnt really match with this sort of event but perhaps in the right setting it wouldnt be quite so sedating.

Tired

I only have one experience with this substance, I think it was 15mg, and I was pretty much coach-lock kinda high. During trips to the bathroom I was unsteady on my feet and had to use my hands to balance myself. So dancing would be difficult or impossible at that kind of dose.

Has anyone else noticed significantly different effects with degraded 4-AcO-DMT?

My 4-ACO-DMT degraded into a brown goop after several weeks of room temperature storage, double sealed in vacuum sealed bags. Typical black goop that people have reported.

Me and 3 other friends personally witnessed the degradation. Each week, effects became less and less positive. My first experience with the drug(see my trip report in the trip reports section) was EXTREMELY positive. 1 week later, slight degradation was present. The experience seemed slightly less positive, the visuals seemed more blunt, less defined, and paranoia was noted in 3 different people. A week later, it had become darker brown, and was obviously degraded, with a somewhat more moist appearance. The experience resulted in a very paranoid trip, with visuals much different than previously.

One week later, the batch had degraded further, even after being vacuum sealed and stored within a freezer. This trip resulted in incredibly disturbing visuals, reminiscent of a DPH experience, with a delirious edge to the entire experience. I have since refused to touch this bag, and other friends reported similar effects in different settings. Extreme paranoia was noted at this point, as well as visuals of rats, dead insects, and other pretty nasty stuff. Furthermore, my mindstate was typical of delirious fever.

I've only read one similar account of degradation on the drugs forum, has anyone else had experience with this?

Quick question: has anybody found the need to urinate more often during come-up on 4-aco-dmt? It was something I really became aware of the last time.

Quick question: has anybody found the need to urinate more often during come-up on 4-aco-dmt? It was something I really became aware of the last time.

Certainly does, gets a bit annoying as sometimes i'll need to go within the space of about 10 minutes apart.

Within a night i can go to the toilet around 12-15 times

Has anyone else noticed significantly different effects with degraded 4-AcO-DMT?

My 4-ACO-DMT degraded into a brown goop after several weeks of room temperature storage, double sealed in vacuum sealed bags. Typical black goop that people have reported.

Me and 3 other friends personally witnessed the degradation. Each week, effects became less and less positive. My first experience with the drug(see my trip report in the trip reports section) was EXTREMELY positive. 1 week later, slight degradation was present. The experience seemed slightly less positive, the visuals seemed more blunt, less defined, and paranoia was noted in 3 different people. A week later, it had become darker brown, and was obviously degraded, with a somewhat more moist appearance. The experience resulted in a very paranoid trip, with visuals much different than previously.

One week later, the batch had degraded further, even after being vacuum sealed and stored within a freezer. This trip resulted in incredibly disturbing visuals, reminiscent of a DPH experience, with a delirious edge to the entire experience. I have since refused to touch this bag, and other friends reported similar effects in different settings. Extreme paranoia was noted at this point, as well as visuals of rats, dead insects, and other pretty nasty stuff. Furthermore, my mindstate was typical of delirious fever.

I've only read one similar account of degradation on the drugs forum, has anyone else had experience with this?

Do you think any of those altered effects are due to tolerance?

Do you think any of those altered effects are due to tolerance?
It's totally possible, and I'm not leaving anything at as a factor. However, a friend who had not taken this batch in particular(but has taken 4-AcO-DMT) in the past took 20mg after a month of no psychedelic use, and reported that he felt the effects were different and less positive as well.

Tired

I couldn't even fathom walking around on 4-AcO-DMT. Very sedating, and can be confusing and overwhelming in the wrong settings. Wouldn't recommend 4-AcO-DMT for anything besides sitting in a room listening to music with good friends on the same substance. If you're looking for party psychedelics, try 2C-I.

Was your batch originally brownish or white?

batch was originally a brown powder, kind of clumpy but completely dry.

Has anyone else noticed significantly different effects with degraded 4-AcO-DMT?...My 4-ACO-DMT degraded into a brown goop after several weeks of room temperature storage, double sealed in vacuum sealed bags. Typical black goop that people have reported.

Me and 3 other friends personally witnessed the degradation. Each week, effects became less and less positive. My first experience with the drug(see my trip report in the trip reports section) was EXTREMELY positive. [2] week later..The experience resulted in a very paranoid trip, with visuals much different than previously.

One week later, the batch had degraded further, even after being vacuum sealed and stored within a freezer. This trip resulted in incredibly disturbing visuals, reminiscent of a DPH experience, with a delirious edge to the entire experience...Furthermore, my mindstate was typical of delirious fever.

I would chalk this up entirely to mind set (which can be affected by many factors). Many people have had this compound stored for months at a time, and have found the material to elicit the expected results without loss of potency.

I have come to realize that state of mind and the immediate health of your being is everything when it comes to how pleasant (or not) your trip is. Body-load can be turned in to body-high simply by changing your perspective - which sometimes also requires changing your situation, such as the location you are in, the people you are with, the music you are listening to, the contents of your stomach, and numerous other external factors.

Negative thoughts/emotions will bring about bodily malaise and feelings of ill health whilst sober, let alone during a psychedelic experience. (And positive thoughts and perceptions equally will bring about bodily health, and feelings of boundless vitality.) It's just that psychedelics allow you to perceive it, where as during normal modes of conciousness we are mostly unaware of the effect our thoughts and emotions are having on our body (or more accurately, the way in which the body and the mind are actually two aspects of the very same "thing").

True, the nature of the compound ingested is a part of of this. But 4-AcO-DMT shouldn't be degrading to anything which your body recognizes as toxic and thus shouldn't by itself cause the feelings you describe, even if it has "degraded" through exposure to air and moisture.

Alright, thanks for the replies everyone.

Im just excited to try this and as I wont have time until the event and I thought that this event might be a good candidate for my first go at it, other than the sedating effects. But it seems like I should just wait, which I will, until the time presents itself, which might not be for a few months yet. I am storing it in the freezer and in a months time it has shown no visual signs of degredation, heres hoping itll last many more to come..

And as far as 2ci for this event (not to stray off topic) but I was never for it at parties.. Yes it is stimulating but I have never found myself wanting to dance.. I find the body load very heavy, stimulating but heavy and sluggish .. And all I want to do is stand and enjoy the visuals... So I will likely go with something more traditional :D

Anyways thanks again, Ill be sure to update when the time has come to try this seemingly wonderful compound.

Tired

ive also noticed this. degraded to the point of being almost oily/waxy. gave me my worst trip to date, took about 35mg and some orange juice with some friends (their doses ranging from 15mg to 50mg) and it was straight insanity. nothing like previous 4-aco-dmt trips, visuals were different too... most likely dose/set/setting, but i wont rule out that a degradation product could have some activity

Status
Not open for further replies.