View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DMT Thread - Act Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally possible, and I'm not leaving anything at as a factor. However, a friend who had not taken this batch in particular(but has taken 4-AcO-DMT) in the past took 20mg after a month of no psychedelic use, and reported that he felt the effects were different and less positive as well.

Same here. My friends and I took some degraded 4-AcO a few weeks ago and afterwards my one friend was set on the fact that this trip was different from the ones prior with the non-degraded form. He said he felt like he couldn't control himself this time, that he really lost it for a while. And we took 25mg, although we've dosed higher in the past.

I finally got hold of some of this. I want to know what all the fuss is about. That's the thing about RCs, once you get started trying all the different flavours, you can't stop :) This one sounds like an awesome chemical going by all the feedback.

I haven't had mushrooms for years. I'm fascinated by the various differing descriptions of the acetate ester being like shrooms, or like DMT, or something entirely on it's own. I was thinking of starting at 16mg. It's gonna be an indoor trip, coz it's raining and the soles of my boots are cracked open and letting in all the water.

^ I'd start at 12 mg. I just had an extremely intense trip on 12 mg of the acetate, although I feel like I'm more sensitive than most.

Can anyone explain to me how exactly they can get euphoric trips out of this stuff? :| To me it's impossible -- 4-AcO-DMT always makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, like I'm walking barefoot on a bed of coals, and there is no way I can escape, the red hot ground stretches on for miles and miles in every direction. It has caused me to look very deeply into some problems in my life, which was ultimately rewarding, but regardless I don't think I'll continue to take this chemical if it continues to be so unpleasant.

However, I am drawn to it again and again, because the trip itself feels beautiful and perfect, except tainted by that singular unnerving feeling. I always think, if only I could get rid of this nasty sensation, the trip would be absolutely magical.

Can anyone explain to me how exactly they can get euphoric trips out of this stuff? :|.

I found this to be difficult material as well, IME a recreational trip was more likely when it was taken intravenously.

(note: I don't recommend IV-ing anything)

Can anyone explain to me how exactly they can get euphoric trips out of this stuff?

4-AcO-DMT seems to have very deep emotional properties. It makes me feel emotionally volatile, producing mood swings that may instantly revert an hour-long session of existential sobbing to an euphoric dancing session, unpredictably. It seems to simply magnify and intensify any experience whether positive or negative, instead of producing a forced uplift.

My first trip with the stuff was indeed magical. Since then though, the substance has become more unforgiving and repeated attempts to avoid serious, serious introspection on it have failed. It doesn't change my high regard for the stuff, it only makes me more apprehensive to use it--more for later, I guess?

2 days ago i took 24 mg mg and it gave me a very intense body high. I really had to brace myself for it. It was awesome and i felt really euphoric and had some laughing kicks. But still very clear headed and the visuals where pretty cool. This stuff is just great in my opinion. And i dont like to eat the truffles which are still legal here, they make me puke.

@ Jesusgreen; Thanks for the info and the links, it helped me alot!

I read that the HCI and freebase start degrading right away and lose potency. The fumerate is far more stable. Wonder what u guys have with those problems. Will get the fumerate myself and will report my experiences here later on. I would be very surprised if i have a negative trip on this stuff.

Last edited:
I've always bought the fumarate, but I have some freebase and HCl tryptamines that have been fine for long periods of time. I have 4-HO-DMT freebase that's been good for almost a year, and 4-HO-DiPT HCl that has been good for almost three years.

I keep them in amber glass vials, in a mason jar, with desiccant in the freezer. The freebase one turns brown in about two weeks if they're kept in the open. I've kept 4-AcO-DMT fumarate at room temperature in the open for about a year with no loss in potency.

^ I'd start at 12 mg. I just had an extremely intense trip on 12 mg of the acetate, although I feel like I'm more sensitive than most.

Thank you. I had taken the 16mg before you posted. But wow, you are right - it is incredibly intense.

I haven't had mushrooms for about 9 years, but this reminded me exactly of it, perhaps with even more immersion. Very primal, and extreme time dilation. There's no room to hide from anything on this stuff, it lays you bare to the core and forces you to confront everything. Incredibly cleansing trip, but extremely difficult too. But also very rewarding.

During the most intense waves, it feels like floating in a (hyper)space where there is no solid ground to feel safe with, and you are spinning there desperately trying to keep centred. It was animalistic at the same time as being spiritual. One of those "is this the right or wrong thing to do or think" kind of existential nightmares. "Should I puke or meditate?" :D

4-AcO-DMT seems to have very deep emotional properties. It makes me feel emotionally volatile, producing mood swings that may instantly revert an hour-long session of existential sobbing to an euphoric dancing session, unpredictably. It seems to simply magnify and intensify any experience whether positive or negative, instead of producing a forced uplift.

Yes, there were moments of dark confusion, followed by moments of euphoric clarity. The very nature of this stuff is to amplify your mental and physical response to thoughts and feelings. Negative thoughts drain energy and cause profound confusion and anxiety and make everything dark, whereas positive thoughts instantly bring vitality, euphoria, and fill the place with light. I could literally see the shape of my thoughts and what they were doing to my mind and body.

It was like a constant battle to keep centred on this stuff, but I came out the right end. It can be very exhausting being in constant mindful meditative mode every second just so you don't fly off the handle. I was pretty much forced in to doing some form of yoga almost constantly, although sometimes I needed to just lay down and rest.

It definitely took me by surprise to put it mildly. Nevertheless, it helped me very much in learning to truly love myself and everyone else.

My first trip with the stuff was indeed magical. Since then though, the substance has become more unforgiving and repeated attempts to avoid serious, serious introspection on it have failed. It doesn't change my high regard for the stuff, it only makes me more apprehensive to use it--more for later, I guess?

I'm glad I"m not the only one that has had this type of thing happen. Seems like the last couple of times I have taken it, I go into about at least one hour of crying. I reflect on my past. On people that I have known and loved. I have been able to remember lost memories. It really shakes me up at the core. I'm glad for it though. I really feel like this substance has been a real attribute in my experience in this weird thing we call life and reality. But yes, this stuff gets more unforgiving the more times I take it. I totally agree.

Planning on trying this some time next week, me a a group of friends are planning to have a `trippy` night in. How reckless would it be for me to introduce 4-Aco-DMT to them? We're all really good friends, a few of us have tried LSD and other psychedelics before but the majority have only done 2c-b. How does it compare?

i would say not wreckless at at. if they are into psychedelics, theyre probably gonna love it.

I've kept 4-AcO-DMT fumarate at room temperature in the open for about a year with no loss in potency.

Glad to hear that. I've had some fumarate stored in a sealed baggie inside a prescription bottle, which was then put inside a black leather ottoman with a removable top since about June. Haven't done any research on it lately, but I intend to soon, so I'm hoping not much degradation has happened. I actually haven't even inspected it in over a month. I should probably take a look.

Are amber glass vials in a freezer the best method for storing fumarate?

^sounds like a good storage solution to me. you can just use several layers of plastic baggies if you don't already have a vial.

So i am still interested in having lab work done on the shitty shit brown fumarate that is floating around.

looks like ecstacydata does GCMS only for powders? So no indication on purity?
Does anyone know a lab that will do HPLC? I am mostly interested in the purity of the sample.... although it would also be nice to know what the impurities are.

Last edited:
A few of us have tried LSD and other psychedelics before but the majority have only done 2C-B. How does it compare?

Generally speaking, 4-AcO-DMT is deeper and (arguably) more rewarding than 2C-B. In sharp contrast to 2C-B, 4-AcO-DMT is not recreational (for me, at least). It is a wonderful drug -- one of the very best, even -- but not for a party, imo. For that purpose, you and your friends would be better off trying 4-AcO/HO-MET.

^I think it depends on the person. I find 4-HO-MET too stimulating I have been on the edge of a panic attack for hours on the stuff and had to pace round the house. It is very visual though and I did enjoy a lot of one of the trips I had on the stuff. 4-AC0-DMT to me is very sedating, just really nice. I had a difficult trip when I did a small amount at a club but that was just a silly setting to do it. It was at a rock club.

Has anyone tried it with MDMA. It is lovely. The MDMA seems to lessen the effects of it a bit and I spent hours in a euphoric haze.

That brown stuff sounds horrible. I wouldn't touch stuff that had degraded like that.

We wont be trying it in a party situation, it'll be a night in with close friends. Will be 7/8 of us, I think I'll try 4-Aco-DMT with maybe another couple people. The rest can either do LSD or 2c-b, should make for a good night.

If that's the plan, then it should be OK. I suggest having at least one sober person around though...

Just want to say 4-aco-dmt is one of my favorite rc's. Has a very similar mushroom feel to it. 40mg snorted gives me incredibly intense visuals. Reminding me of smoked dmt infact. Highly recommend this substance.

Just want to say 4-aco-dmt is one of my favorite rc's. Has a very similar mushroom feel to it. 40mg snorted gives me incredibly intense visuals. Reminding me of smoked dmt infact. Highly recommend this substance.
The most I ever tried was around 45 mg (fumarate), visuals were quite intense, but kept getting stuck in brain loops and towards the end, got so nauseous and light-headed that I thought I was gonna black out on my toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.