• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

How's the tolerance? Does boosting work? Going to try this substance during this weekend in a new place. Rather wouldn't jump head first to 12mg's. As mine is HCL salt I can't smoke it, right?

I believe you can but it's not recommended because unlike other substances, most people find they have to smoke more than what they would take orally to achieve the same effect.

How does moxy compare to her sister as sexual enhancer? Anybody has experience with both substances, same purpose?

It seems to really depend on the person. Some people find the body buzz / load of 5-MeO-DiPT to be absolutely unbearable. Others think it's among the best tactile enhancements around.

In my experience, I've found that people are more likely to have a good time in general with 5-MeO-MiPT, especially at lower doses. If at all possible, start as low as 2-4mg and work up from there keeping at the very least a week between doses.

One of my favorite things about 5-MeO-MiPT is its diversity of effects across the dosage spectrum. 2-4mg vs 6-8mg vs 12-14mg can feel like completely different drugs.

2-4mg vs 6-8mg vs 12-14mg can feel like completely different drugs.

Very true, I find doses up to 5mg to be excellent sexual enhancers whereas anything above 5mg will produce a very strange and sometimes uncomfortable psychedelic state. At high doses the psychedelia overpowers the tactile fuzziness, but it's a very bizarre psychedelia, not one that I enjoy.

^ Taking a too high dose at a time perhaps, but i think with redosing the experiences could be somewhat more interesting or in fact, not that overwhelming.

Seems like this is the MXE of tryptamines, with it's widespread range of effects depending on dosage.

Is 5-meo-mipt just a 5-ht agonist or does it also act as a monoamine releaser?
And how does it compare to 4-ho-met?

Is 5-meo-mipt just a 5-ht agonist or does it also act as a monoamine releaser?
And how does it compare to 4-ho-met?

5-MeO-MIPT is way more tactile for me than 4-HO-MET and also puts me more in a psychedelic headspace (though nothing too crazy). It's considerably more stimulating as well. 4-HO-MET is more visual though, especially if you usually take lower (10mg or under) doses of 5-MeO-MIPT.

I have experienced 8 months daily use of 5-MeO-MiPT at daily dosage of 3-5mg (my scale is mg accurate, plus or minus 2mg, hence worthless for tiny measures.)

It makes sense that moxy is not a releaser of monoamines, but acts as a reuptake inhibitor with the psychedelic edge of a 5HT2A agonist. It obviously has other properties which are pro-sexual, possibly as a beta-adrenergic antagonist which could partially explain its usefulness in combatting erectile dysfunction. The energizing push I get from moxy is like a very mellow version of what I experience on yohimbine. OTOH, yohimbine is an ugly pharmacologically complex substance with some nasty side effects for me whereas I love moxy's effect profile and moxy doesn't affect my blood pressure at all.

The 8 month antidepressant experiment with moxy involved zero development of tolerance (dosage never increased but effects remained consistent.) However, it's possible that it became less psychedelic during that time, it's hard to say because of the tiny dosages used. The consistent antidepressant benefits are easily explained by monoamine reuptake inhibition, something that isn't subject to much in the way of tolerance over extended use. Also, the half life is fairly long for a "recreational" drug, which helps reduce the problem of tolerance.

The down side of moxy as an antidepressant, aside from it possibly damaging memory and distorting reality a bit, is the half life. While it's long for a psychedelic, it's much too short for pharmaceutical use. It's impossible to maintain a consistent blood level of the stuff, thus there's a constant rising and falling of effects which make it feel like a drug. But I cannot take traditional SSRIs or SNRIs, I've been hospitalized with serotonin syndrome on 2 occasions from pharmaceuticals. So moxy is the best thing I've found so far, much better and safer (AFAIK) than any pharmaceutical I've tried.

Last edited:
5-MeO-MiPT is certainly NOT a beta-adernergic antagonist. Another word for these is beta blockers, and these are drugs such as propanolol, which are indicated for stage fright due to their calming effects. I think you may have meant that 5-MeO-MiPT may be an alpha2-adrenergic antagonist such as yohimbe, which tricks the brain into thinking the levels or norepinephrine (NE) are low, thus centrally releasing more NE. Central NE release is associated with sexual arousal, explaining it's effects. However, I very much doubt that 5-MeO-MiPT directly agonizes or antagonizes any adrenergic receptors, considering the shape of it's molecular structure which is totally unlike any adrenergic ligands.

5-MeO-MIPT:4.00 5ht1a, 3.79 5ht7, 3.74 5ht1d, 3.32 5ht2b , 2.98 5ht6 , 2.85 Alpha2A , 2.61 5ht1b , 2.44 5ht2a , 2.29 Alpha2C , 2.15 Imidazoline1 , 2.13 Sigma2 , 2.115ht5a , 1.86 Alpha2B , 1.75 5ht2c , 1.70 D3 , 1.55 5ht1e , 1.41 H1 , 1.29 D4 ,1.28 SERT

Those are the receptors 5-meo-mipt affects, the values are normalized Ki values. 4 = the highest affinity for the receptor, 0 being the lowest, and anything below 2 is not perceptible. The information comes from "Psychedelics and the human receptome"

Yeah, there always seems to be two stages to this. One is much more of a stimulated, change in physical sensations, kind of high which last a couple hours. It then goes into a more purely psychedelic/mentally introspective stage. It always happens no matter what the dose, it's just higher doses will have higher peaks for these two stages.

Alright so, I did an experiment with 5-MeO-MiPT. I was reading that smoking it bypassed the "rolling", energetic first phase of the experience (which was kind of off putting in my oral consumption trails). I decided to IV this drug to see if I could get that psychedelic head space from the start along with decent visuals. I IV'd approx 3-4mgs and I was thrown straight into smokey/grainy visuals overcoming everything in sight, colours slowly started to appear over the next 10 minutes. The overly energetic first phase was bypassed completely and the body high wasn't uncomfortable whatsoever; although the mental trip still didn't quite start to take hold until an hour to 2 hours after the shot. Over all I was quite impressed with this substance, it had the depth that I was looking for and I would like to go with a higher dosage but I will probably do it Intra Muscularly next time seeing as how the come-up almost felt overwhelming because of how fast it came on.

The entire duration of the visual part of the trip was approximately 3.5 hours with residual stimulation lasting about 4-5 hours after that.

Alright so, I did an experiment with 5-MeO-MiPT. I was reading that smoking it bypassed the "rolling", energetic first phase of the experience (which was kind of off putting in my oral consumption trails). I decided to IV this drug to see if I could get that psychedelic head space from the start along with decent visuals. I IV'd approx 3-4mgs and I was thrown straight into smokey/grainy visuals overcoming everything in sight, colours slowly started to appear over the next 10 minutes. The overly energetic first phase was bypassed completely and the body high wasn't uncomfortable whatsoever; although the mental trip still didn't quite start to take hold until an hour to 2 hours after the shot. Over all I was quite impressed with this substance, it had the depth that I was looking for and I would like to go with a higher dosage but I will probably do it Intra Muscularly next time seeing as how the come-up almost felt overwhelming because of how fast it came on.

The entire duration of the visual part of the trip was approximately 3.5 hours with residual stimulation lasting about 4-5 hours after that.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't really heard much about IVing this but probably won't try it personally since the "rolling" phase is one of my favorite parts of the experience. Good info to have though.

I'm no scientist or anything but just very interested in these chemicals. Does this mean it may get converted into something else in the body ? When I use it orally it starts withing 20minutes and at 45-60 I'm at the peak, which is over by t+3.5h. Comedown approx 2hours.

Any idea ?

In my own subjective experience, the trip on 5-meo-mipt has 2 phases. The first "rolling" phase (I use that term lightly based on my own experience but YMMV) and the second more psychedelic phase. These 2 phases have been characterized more by mental effects for me. I don't know anything about how this chemical is metabolized and the results that I got in my IV trial aren't conclusive to anything because I feel that maybe the intensity died down enough for me to actually be able to process what has been happening. Although I do wonder if 5-meo-mipt is metabolized into something else that is responsible for the change of effects after the first phase or if maybe the stimulation just dies down and allows the more psychedelic mindset to shine through unhindered by the stimulation.

I'm sorry that I can't give you an answer lol.

I used aMT once and liked it. Now I plan to combine it with moxy. Dosage: about 20mg aMT + 5mg 5-meo mipt rectally. My scale weighs out only 10 mg doses so I think to weigh 10mg of moxy and take 1/3 of it. I don't want to mess with volumetric as the vendor could be generous. What do you think about this combo, possible risks (both of substances are MAOIs and this TR is startling - but it was foxy though http://http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8274)?

Eyeballing is going to be just as dangerous (if not more so) than using volumetric measurement if your vendor was generous and sent you extra. If you weigh 10mg, put it in say 3ml of solution, then measure out 1ml of solution, that'll be exactly 1/3 of whatever you have, which at most is likely to be 15mg/3, so 5mg, which is what you wanted, and nothing extra.. If you weigh 10mg, and it turns out to be the maximum 15mg, your eyeballing could be inaccurate and you could be taking 7-8mg+ which in such a combo will make a noticeable difference.

The trick is to combine using your scales and volumetric measurement, rather than relying on one alone :)

If you have 100mg+ of material for example, you can weigh up 100mg, and it should be accurate within +/- 5mg, so 95-105mg, then you can put this in say 10ml of solution, and measure out 0.5ml, which will contain 4.45-5.25mg of 5-MeO-MiPT, far more accurate than just weighing up and then eyeballing, or using liquid measurement without weighing up the substance first.

Been experimenting with this lately and I think I read this elsewhere but it holds very true to me as well but this is basically the cocaine of tryptamines. For 2 reasons 1) the want to re dose & 2)sexual enhancement

Unlike coke though I found no problem getting & keeping an erection. Unfortunately I find myself wanting to redose & wanting to use with tolerance , thus being wasteful (using multiple days in a row). Orgasm is wonderful also.

Plan to get 500mg-1g in near future but currently out so I have a question or two

I shared this with my GF tonight and literally 30 seconds after she dosed orally she threw up.

First , will this mean the drug was basically wasted ? She took around 7-10mg and seem to feel slight effects (def in the sexual category & she said it sobered her up a bit from the alcohol she had been drinking) but I was skeptical she would feel anything if throwing up right after. She's very inexperienced with tripping but I could def see a change in her behavior.

Second , would mixing in a drink make it go down easy for her? Anyone try it this way? I've ate 20mg doses licked off a card and while I find the taste repulsive it's nothing a swing of water and a ciggerette won't cure/make go away but I should have known better as she will puke off shots off vodka or in the morning regularly from just brushing her teeth whereas I have a high tolerance and rarely puke.

Thanks for any info . I'll try an put together a trip report sometime but have a few other 4 subsitited tryps I have the pleasure to experience before my next 5-meo-mipt trip. All in all I like this chemical but have only had 1 true trip on it (Zero tolerance trip) as I've had around 7 experiences with it but for all but one I had tolerance issues (went into this with 3 day prior DOC use and blew through 100mg in 3 days) then reset tolerance but blew through next 100mg in 4 days due to urge to redose & somewhat habit forming , though I'll Blake my addictive personality for that

Does anyone have experiece with combining this with MDMA? I wonder if it might be an interesting party combination, like 2c-i and MDMA is. I've used moxy before, twice 10mg and 16mg another time. Both were great experiences, but 16mg would've been a bit too overwhelming in a party environment I think. Tried 10mg at a party once but it was really subtle. Too subtle actually, while when I took the same dose at home a few months earlier I had a great trip.

When combining the dose would obviously be much lower. I've seen a friend use this combination once, and he was so overflowing with bliss that he could barely speak and, although he was having the time of his life, he looked like an absolute idiot. I wouldn't want to experience that at a party. I think he took something like 8mg of moxy (although he is probably a little more sensitive to it than I am, but not by much) and I think one pill (around 180mg).

Been experimenting with this lately and I think I read this elsewhere but it holds very true to me as well but this is basically the cocaine of tryptamines. For 2 reasons 1) the want to re dose & 2)sexual enhancement

Unlike coke though I found no problem getting & keeping an erection. Unfortunately I find myself wanting to redose & wanting to use with tolerance , thus being wasteful (using multiple days in a row). Orgasm is wonderful also.

Plan to get 500mg-1g in near future but currently out so I have a question or two

I shared this with my GF tonight and literally 30 seconds after she dosed orally she threw up.

First , will this mean the drug was basically wasted ? She took around 7-10mg and seem to feel slight effects (def in the sexual category & she said it sobered her up a bit from the alcohol she had been drinking) but I was skeptical she would feel anything if throwing up right after. She's very inexperienced with tripping but I could def see a change in her behavior.

Second , would mixing in a drink make it go down easy for her? Anyone try it this way? I've ate 20mg doses licked off a card and while I find the taste repulsive it's nothing a swing of water and a ciggerette won't cure/make go away but I should have known better as she will puke off shots off vodka or in the morning regularly from just brushing her teeth whereas I have a high tolerance and rarely puke.

Thanks for any info . I'll try an put together a trip report sometime but have a few other 4 subsitited tryps I have the pleasure to experience before my next 5-meo-mipt trip. All in all I like this chemical but have only had 1 true trip on it (Zero tolerance trip) as I've had around 7 experiences with it but for all but one I had tolerance issues (went into this with 3 day prior DOC use and blew through 100mg in 3 days) then reset tolerance but blew through next 100mg in 4 days due to urge to redose & somewhat habit forming , though I'll Blake my addictive personality for that

Nausea is fairly common with this; I think at least half the people I know that have taken this have had some kind of stomach problems for the first 30 minutes or so. I recommend not drinking while taking this; I've done it before and it didn't improve the trip at all, and if alcohol leads to puking you REALLY don't want to be doing it. Did your girlfriend take straight powder or did you put it in a gelcap first? If the taste is what is causing the issue then a simple gelcap will solve that and you can find those all over.

Does anyone have experiece with combining this with MDMA? I wonder if it might be an interesting party combination, like 2c-i and MDMA is. I've used moxy before, twice 10mg and 16mg another time. Both were great experiences, but 16mg would've been a bit too overwhelming in a party environment I think. Tried 10mg at a party once but it was really subtle. Too subtle actually, while when I took the same dose at home a few months earlier I had a great trip.

When combining the dose would obviously be much lower. I've seen a friend use this combination once, and he was so overflowing with bliss that he could barely speak and, although he was having the time of his life, he looked like an absolute idiot. I wouldn't want to experience that at a party. I think he took something like 8mg of moxy (although he is probably a little more sensitive to it than I am, but not by much) and I think one pill (around 180mg).

I've taken this in combo with what I was told was MDMA once, and the experience was just short of being overwhelming for me and is not something I want to do again. Taking moxy in combination with any other psychedelic is pretty risky in my opinion. If you're going to do it then you really need to cut the moxy dose down a lot. If you usually take 10mg doses then I'd say cut it down to 4mg. My experience with mixing it seemed like the moxy was kicked into overdrive...my mind was going 1000mph, I could barely speak, muscle tension was extreme, music and lights were causing visuals that were blinding me, etc. You really need to be careful mixing this because it's really easy to overshoot and end up in a really crappy trip.