• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

Thou

Bluelighter
couldn't find it utfse.

I think this is appropriate. I'll delete if a consensus is made that it's not.

36cupe.jpg

fine i guess but if this turns into the lounge, locked forever.

i had this idea once too =p

epsilon alpha, did you figure out what your lab supervisor's BL handle is?

I think he just lurks, he does toxicology and behavioral pharmacology for a certain class of "legal high". It wouldn't surprise me if he comes here looking to identify the next potential mephedrone.

fine i guess but if this turns into the lounge, locked forever.

I don't see how it could be come like the lounge. Social threads in PD and OD, - ones I have frequented - work just fine.

It will be hard to get a social going when it gets 143 views worldwide in 36 hours though lol. It's hard to keep a social going when there might be 2 users viewing the sub-forum at once.

I want this as a lounge substitute.

The lounge is like civilization.

It's a good idea and I'd love to see it some time work as intended... We certainly haven't had anything like it before.

I think Ghandi said that. No this is just to talk and relax and post science cat. Because he's nerdy adorable. And maybe I'll learn something. I never post here because my knowledge of neuro-chemistry and science is novice, but I know a fair bit and am only interested in expanding that knowledge.

So, yeah. But thank Science Cat. He was my muse.

And for stuff like this:

A physicist, biologist and a chemist were going to the ocean for the first time.

The physicist saw the ocean and was fascinated by the waves. He said he wanted to do some research on the fluid dynamics of the waves and walked into the ocean. Obviously he was drowned and never returned.

The biologist said he wanted to do research on the flora and fauna inside the ocean and walked inside the ocean. He too, never returned.

The chemist waited for a long time and afterwards, wrote the observation, "The physicist and the biologist are soluble in ocean water".

I lol'd pretty hard, I'll have to use that one later this week!

But, what got you guys into pharmacology?

Becoming a CPP and seeing how much drugs could actually help out an individual (not just fuck them up). I know I'm pretty useless around these parts at the moment, but I've only got gen chem I and half of gen chem II down as far as formal science education (got an incomplete due to health complications). Definitely wanting to go into medicinal chemistry as it interests me so much. Was just going to go into a pharm program, but decided it would probably get boring just counting pills and telling old ladies to avoid ant-acids with certain antibiotics and to steer clear of grapefruit with certain meds. Not to mention it would be difficult standing 8-12 hours a day with my health problems anyway.

*Now commences 12 day waiting period for response* :p

Psychedelics, and the profound change in mental state they can create. Mind you, this was before I had done any drugs, save weed maybe. They're still the most fascinating class of drugs, although recently I've become really interested in pain, simply because it's a complex integration of both sensory and affective components to give a perception that is totally subjective. On this topic, I still haven't really told anyone that's why I've gone into pharmacology. I figure I'll get a little more confidence to tell the truth, partially because several different graduate students I've talked to are really interested/have experimented with psychedelics. Seems like a scientist thing.

I went to Horizons the other weekend, and I was somewhat surprised by the sheer number of professors talking about their personal experiences with psychedelics during their talks. I guess I shouldn't be, but I've always thought that they would be more reserved when talking to 100 people or so. It was an awesome introduction though. Met up with one bluelighter, although we really didn't talk much...

Same here, but I'm a novice. That and being given drugs at a young and an inquisitive mind and a sense of wrath for when I went back to the fink who hooked me on high dose effexor 15 years old armed with a sharp tongue and a sense of justice to return to, without having to resort to foul language.

Fool me once? Last time motherfucker.

Anyway, if I were to have a culture of psilocybe mycelium and jumped in, would we get 4-phosp. thou? I forget they do hydroxylize? 4 ho Scott?

the idea that mushrooms will add a 4-hydroxy/phosphoryloxy to more than just DMT is currently just a theory as far as i know. highly doubtful that we'd get 4-PO-Thou. and i wouldn't be willing to be the guinea pig if we did. =p

I think mushrooms will 4-hydroxylate many simple N-alkylated tryptamines. Not sure about 5-MeO-xxx... due to the 5-methoxy being "fairly close" to 4- position I could even see 5-MeO-xxx being inhibitory on tryptamine 4-hydroxylation. (maybe 4-F-dmt is?)

They definitely won't hydroxylate people that's fo sho.

sekio, your new THUG LIFE avatar startled me at first when i saw it out of the corner of my eye. then it made me laugh very hard the second time it flashed and i actually read it.

at least i think its new.

I've been considering hydroxylating my mother.

For her own good, of course.

If this turns into legal discussion it will get locked forever, too, I gather.

To turn into legal discussion, that would imply that there was conversation going on in here. :p