• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

⫸STICKY⫷ 3,4-methylenedioxy-N&PD SOCIAL THREAD v. 1

Well, it looks like they finally finished removing me as a mod. It was fun guys!

I remember this thread!

We'll miss you nuke! Thank you for your contributions I've enjoyed them over the years.

In other news:

33265433.jpg

:D

I think that another couple parts of the story are that d-deprenyl is not a common prescription drug, and clandestine syntheses are nonexistent, so scheduling is unnecessary. The DEA typically avoids scheduling compounds when the additional publicity it would give them outweighs the amount of recreational use the regulations would be expected to prevent. Also, deprenyl's typical synthesis involves methamphetamine as a precursor (heh...doing a bit to explain why d-deprenyl was not pursued as a prescription medication).

ebola

That's a shame. Deprenyl is a rather fine substitute to most of the traditional stimulant medications currently employed in the states.

Still quite attainable through various other means but certainly not available at your local pharmacy.

nuke, you've contributed a huge amount to this site and have been a huge asset over the years. Thanks for everything girl.

Deprenyl is a rather fine substitute to most of the traditional stimulant medications currently employed in the states.

Well, l-deprenyl is pretty commonly prescribed, even off-label (eg, for depression).

ebola

I have theories of my own, but can someone explain why/how the anti-depressant/mood elevating effect of stimulants disappears over chronic use (assuming it does) whilst that of MAOIs doesn't?

http://www.rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
Probably the best work of fiction I've read over the last five years, with a close second coming to the lesswrong.com cofounder.

And @Ho-Chi-Minh, I believe its partially due to the differential regulation of the NA/DA vs 5HT systems though I am not in the state to argue either way currently (woot! Odd sleep disorders!)

Can anyone give me a reason why this drug wouldn't be fun?

http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/explore.php?domain=pk&id=306

maybe add an N-methyl?

I'd like to know more about why the 4-chloro position might be better/worse for you than, for instance, a 4-methyl or 4-methoxy? I mean in effects and toxicity.

perhaps i'm just missing out a lot because I don't have the physical version of pihkal but I feel like there could be a really basic phenethylamine substitution that is being massively overlooked. Maybe it wouldn't get you extremely fuckedddd upppp or whatever but more of just a basic stimulant/empathogen that can provide relatively harmless 5-ht release or something useful like that.

is there a resource where Nichols has data on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-CAT and possibly more of his non-neurotoxic compounds?

Can anyone give me a reason why this drug wouldn't be fun?

http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/explore.php?domain=pk&id=306

maybe add an N-methyl?

I'd like to know more about why the 4-chloro position might be better/worse for you than, for instance, a 4-methyl or 4-methoxy? I mean in effects and toxicity.

perhaps i'm just missing out a lot because I don't have the physical version of pihkal but I feel like there could be a really basic phenethylamine substitution that is being massively overlooked. Maybe it wouldn't get you extremely fuckedddd upppp or whatever but more of just a basic stimulant/empathogen that can provide relatively harmless 5-ht release or something useful like that.

is there a resource where Nichols has data on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-CAT and possibly more of his non-neurotoxic compounds?

Put an alpha methyl on the first one for brain damage :)
I don't think an n-methyl will help, try putting the chloro at the 3?

The second one... very interesting.

perhaps i'm just missing out a lot because I don't have the physical version of pihkal

there's a LOT of stuff on isomerdesign that isn't in pihkal (including the compound in that link)

^ I meant more of discussion on the meaning and characteristics of the basic phenethylamine chemical structures and how adding parts on changes things and why, Rather than more novel structures.

I don't think there's much discussion of SAR in the first part of PiHKAL, the "Extensions and Commentary" sections tend to be the juiciest, the first half is an autobiography, and IMO isn't particularly important.

I don't think there's much discussion of SAR in the first part of PiHKAL, the "Extensions and Commentary" sections tend to be the juiciest, the first half is an autobiography, and IMO isn't particularly important.

true, most of the chemistry is in Book 2 and is available on Erowid http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml

Book 1 does have some chemistry though, and more background on the order Shulgin did everything in

Hi all I wanted to introduce myself and from my reading it state this was the place to do that, I hope. I have been trying for the last 4 months or so to gain knowledge about synths and chemical make up of certain Rx's. Before attempting to do any kind of synths I believe one should have the proper knowledge and background safety of what one will be doing. I'm sorry if this is not the place for this and would like if anyone can point me to the best spot for the knowledge I'm looking for.

Yeah sorry mate we don't discuss synthesis here, the Organic Chemistry Lab Survival Manual is a great reference, and there are repositories of information and forums dedicated to drug synthesis, but this is not one of them.

Bloody hell! Scopolamine and cocaine are just this ... close to each other in structure 8o and the effects are so different! ha

I dunno, that's pretty dissimilar to me. The same sort of difference as some SSRIs and amphetamine or diphenidine and 2-DPMP

"If you liked it, you should have put a methylene-dioxy ring on it!"
"To all my single compounds, to all my single compounds!"
"To all my primary amines. . ."

Can someone make a doctored jpeg or gif for us? XD

ebola

I dunno, that's pretty dissimilar to me. The same sort of difference as some SSRIs and amphetamine or diphenidine and 2-DPMP
^^ yes, looking at them again, they are actually not as similar as I first thought. I guess that what they have in common is that they are both tropane alkaloids.

Then again, I still think it's fascinating that they can be that relatively similar, and have such widely varying effects and potency.

"If you liked it, you should have put a methylene-dioxy ring on it!"
"To all my single compounds, to all my single compounds!"
"To all my primary amines. . ."

Can someone make a doctored jpeg or gif for us? XD

ebola

ha, I've only just realised the first line wasn't the title!