Rate the song above you: Music that isn't entirely electronic

Not really getting the Kendrick Lamar hype atm. Better than most new hip-hop these days though for sure. 6/10.

Over the past several years, I've had my fill of indie folk bands. Nowadays I don't even bother with them unless there's some unique element to their sound to differentiate them from the ever-growing herd. Other than the brief trumpet lines, I didn't hear anything from these guys that grabbed my attention. The melody is nice and the whole song is performed competently, but there's too many other bands out there that do this style of music better and with more personality. 5/10 - didn't dislike it, but it's not interesting enough (to me) for repeated listens.

I understand the whole concept of being different,and listening to the most unique music. But to me this is pushing it man.i mean its cool and all must come from a movie that looks like mr bean. But i really doubt people will be playing this in their car. 4/10 for the video..do you listen to that often?

^ Haha, it's a Monty Python song, from their movie 'The Meaning of Life'. And I've been listening to it a lot lately because I've been trying to learn to play it, and as far as I and many other Python fans are concerned, it's a classic. Eric Idle has a knack for making clever music, and "The Galaxy Song" is one of my favorites of his.

"Pray that there's intelligent life up in space, because there's bugger all down here on Earth"

As for your song, I dig it. Stripped-down reggae rhythms with folk-like harmonies and a catchy melody. To me, this is summer music - like something I would listen to while cruising around on a warm sunny day, smoking some nice bud. If it were summer, I'd probably rate it higher, but in the cold of winter it gets a 7/10 from me.

(This song is a bit long but it's a stunner from beginning to end)

that was interesting. it was a bit too convoluted for my tastes but the guitar work was excellent. 6/10

Beach House - New Year

Found it quite disinteresting and redundant and tedious and just lackluster. 4/10 wouldn't deem it as worth my time, and my time is worthless ;)

I've never heard of Boredoms before, but man, those Japanese know how to make some interesting music. I love how it moves from the chaos of the intro, to coherent music (still pretty crazy), then back into chaos. Honestly, this kinda stuff is why I get up in the morning. Fresh shit. 8.5/10

PS - the 'Bee Thousand' reference in your profile makes me happy. Lurv that album.

7/10 - Monster Magnet is good. I'm a sucker for long songs. The end of that one is crazy good!

Last edited:
6/10 i would rate the music higher, but the singer isn't great on this track imo