• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to force a comedown from speed?

A large dose of vitamin C works for me at night when I want to sleep. I also heard drinking milk is really good (and tolerable) for forcing a come down, but I haven't really found any science backing that up.

I try to stay away from benzos and alcohol, but they do work.

zopiclone smoothy..or have adhd and get amphets everyday so yo uou reall never have to comedown hahaha

Regarding amphetamines and Vitamin C's role in either (a) flushing it out, or (b) diminishing the 'positive' effects, here's something else others might find interesting:

Ascorbate antagonizes the behavioral effects of amphetamine by a central mechanism

The behavioral response to amphetamine was monitored in rats that received simultaneous intraventricular infusions of saline or ascorbate. Both groups of animals displayed comparable responses, although ascorbate significantly delayed the onset of amphetamine-induced locomotion and rearing. In rats pretreated with a threshold dose of haloperidol (0.025 mg/kg), virtually all aspects of the amphetamine response were attenuated, and this effect was enhanced by ascorbate. In haloperidol-pretreated rats, ascorbate significantly lowered sniffing and forepaw shuffling throughout the amphetamine response. These results suggest that ascorbate antagonizes dopaminergic transmission by a central mechanism.

In other words, Vitamin C should be very helpful when trying to either force a comedown or flush it out.

Just be sure to consume a decent amount, as in a small glass of OJ might not cut it:

Systemic, intraventricular, or intraneostriatal ascorbate administration, for example, attenuates the behavioral effects of amphetamine.

Some of these behavioral effects, however, may be dose-dependent in that treatment with relatively low doses of ascorbate has been reported to enhance dopamine-mediated behaviors.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7816935

If you never comedown then you're just suck in stim plateau hell-it's frustrating there.

I never minded it, probably because I would just keep using until day 6, 7 and love the feeling until I just fell asleep even if I wasn't trying to "OH, I'm just going to lay down to rest my eyelids" LOL.

But I know the feeling you're alluding to.

Regarding amphetamines and Vitamin C's role in either (a) flushing it out, or (b) diminishing the 'positive' effects, here's something else others might find interesting:

Ascorbate antagonizes the behavioral effects of amphetamine by a central mechanism

The behavioral response to amphetamine was monitored in rats that received simultaneous intraventricular infusions of saline or ascorbate. Both groups of animals displayed comparable responses, although ascorbate significantly delayed the onset of amphetamine-induced locomotion and rearing. In rats pretreated with a threshold dose of haloperidol (0.025 mg/kg), virtually all aspects of the amphetamine response were attenuated, and this effect was enhanced by ascorbate. In haloperidol-pretreated rats, ascorbate significantly lowered sniffing and forepaw shuffling throughout the amphetamine response. These results suggest that ascorbate antagonizes dopaminergic transmission by a central mechanism.

In other words, Vitamin C should be very helpful when trying to either force a comedown or flush it out.

I wouldn't put any faith in this. Methamphetamine is an almighty powerful drug. Vitamin C is very weak for the medical purposes it is ascribed for. Very weak. I had to eat tons of grams of it just to get the most mild pain relief from severe acute pain and I cannot imagine it would do much to "flush out" methamphetamine.

Then again it would explain, in general, the desire to return to a methorexic lifestyle; you totally just want to keep starving, shedding weight and staying high. Pretty fucking awesome.

Even if you were to discount the CNS effects, the fact you can acidify one's urine with it in a relatively safe manner would appear to make it a valuable tool.

A few grams of vitamin C often seems to blunt the effects fairly quickly, even while you wait for it to speed urinary excretion.

There are also lots of pharmacological approaches you could take, but I typically use a fairly safe cocktail of low doses of an alpha-1 blocker, alpha-2 agonist, beta-blocker, and cyproheptadine.

Generally though, if you're not familiar with using such drugs, I'd not recommend combining them.

It's pee pH that can slow excretion of unmetabolized amps (or speed it up). Amphs excretion is strongly affected by urinary pH, and faster the more acidic it is.

It's not easy to change your pee pH, but mega doses of vitamin C would do it. That much has data out there, but I bet phosphoric acid, as found in the dark-colored sodas, has an effect (how much diet coke? no idea).

Other things can acidify your pee, but you'd risk hurting yourself more than an amph overdose.

And then, aim for citric acid salts and blood pressure meds (thiuridizide class) to keep your pee pH more neurtral for retention.

Don't eat a box of baking soda, even if it could work. You'd be pretty funny foaming from your mouth and nose and choking to death but then you'd die.

EDIT: missed you tubbs, but there's two things: absorption of oral amphs by your GI tract is dependent on pH, and that's separate from excretion of unmetabolized amphs (pee pH).

So acidic foods mean less absorption. Acidic pee means faster excretion.

All the texts out there blame it on the amine, but that makes no sense. Or at least, it's gotta be way more complicated than that. You [wikipedia] want me to believe you can't absorb a water soluble molecule out of your intestines? The makers of Vyvanse believe that.

I never minded it, probably because I would just keep using until day 6, 7 and love the feeling until I just fell asleep even if I wasn't trying to "OH, I'm just going to lay down to rest my eyelids" LOL.

But I know the feeling you're alluding to.

I've been maintenance using daily for a couple months. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I eat and sleep well (even if it's just a few hours) every day and night.

I'm a weekend warrior so I use every now and then, I find Vitamin C for a comedown really helps, I was reading that it is only active in your system for 20minute though plus it boosts the absorbtion of iron more when the body is under stress. Maybe the change in levels of acidity aids Vitamin C and forces a comedown? But who knows... Really it should be taken reguardless to prevent neuronal degeneration after a good bender.

Speed/amphetamine come down, toss back 4 MG Ativan(lorazepam) with about 1800mg Gabapentin, maybe an aspirin, bunch of water, problem solved.

I cannot imagine it would do much to "flush out" methamphetamine.

You don't really need to imagine though, there are several studies dating back to the '60s analysing the pharmacokinetics of meth and its metabolite amp, and the effect of pH on either speeding or slowing urinary excretion/reabsorption.

For me, the effect of large doses of either acid (ascorbic acid) or alkaline (citrate, bicarb) on my experience of both amps and methamp is very noticeable, but of course everyone is different.

You don't really need to imagine though, there are several studies dating back to the '60s analysing the pharmacokinetics of meth and its metabolite amp, and the effect of pH on either speeding or slowing urinary excretion/reabsorption.

For me, the effect of large doses of either acid (ascorbic acid) or alkaline (citrate, bicarb) on my experience of both amps and methamp is very noticeable, but of course everyone is different.

^ Yes! For me also with either acidic or alkaline increase. Haha, you want to come down? Mix some baking soda with some water and chug it! But caution with sodium bicarbonate, it will trigger the bowels eventually. Anyone who's tried doing this as a means to piss clean on a UA will know what I mean (and *spoiler alert* it doesn't work for everybody). Vitamin C, I haven't noticed any negative side effects.

^ Yes! For me also with either acidic or alkaline increase. Haha, you want to come down? Mix some baking soda with some water and chug it! But caution with sodium bicarbonate, it will trigger the bowels eventually. Anyone who's tried doing this as a means to piss clean on a UA will know what I mean (and *spoiler alert* it doesn't work for everybody). Vitamin C, I haven't noticed any negative side effects.

Are you sure this is what you meant? Bicarb promotes the retention of meth/amp and extends (and possibly enhances) the subjective effects of both considerably, while conversely Vit C at high enough doses will promote the excretion of both and potentially reduce subjective effects via CNS.

Are you sure this is what you meant? Bicarb promotes the retention of meth/amp and extends (and possibly enhances) the subjective effects of both considerably, while conversely Vit C at high enough doses will promote the excretion of both and potentially reduce subjective effects via CNS.

I have, on a couple of occasions, drank water with a couple heaping spoonfuls of baking soda, and both times felt an immediate change in the way my high felt, and found myself sleeping not too much later.

Perhaps it was just time for me to sleep? Not sure as I don't like to consume high amounts of sodium these days.

The vitamin c, with a good 500-1000mg dose, definitely dials down the negative effects if stim use. I'm able to, albeit 4-5 hours, sleep every night.

I was just coming here to ask about haloperidol to force comedown, so thank you for that. Anyone here used haloperidol to force a comedown? I'm gonna try it here soon. And I'll def try the Vit C too, didn't know about that.

Benzo's to calm down/sleep.
Anti-psychotics work a treat if you really just wanna abort the high. They do the exact opposite of speed.

Dealing with drug withdrawal with other drugs is not only the way of a weakling, but rather ineffective. What people are saying about an acidic blood/urine environment is right that it helps your body get rid of this drug quicker, especially if you're having a bad trip and you just want it over. An acidic environment will help you eliminate an alkaline drug better and an acidic environment will help you retain an acidic drug better. Likewise, an alkaline environment will help you eliminate an acidic drug better and retain an alkaline drug better.. Savvy?