• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to force a comedown from speed?

I used to think speed comedowns especially crystal meth ones were invincible until I tried liquid Haloperidol. Bye bye crash/high/tweakyness

Yes, I took xanax once to come down from speed and ended up blacking out at work. I shot a longbow in the store and got sent home. Its amazing that I didn't get fired.

Woah, that's crazy. Must have been pretty scary when you came down and realized what you did when you blacked out 8o, but also pretty cool that you have such a stable job =D

I used to think speed comedowns especially crystal meth ones were invincible until I tried liquid Haloperidol. Bye bye crash/high/tweakyness

I thought they squirted that stuff in the butt cheeks of the wild-eyed psych ward patients, more for the anti-histamine sleep than anything.

I looked it up and it's all about shutting off those dopamine circuits, it doesn't really make you sleepy or slow heart rate. It shuts off the delusions and creativity that give meth it's magic.

So I'm wondering if you got your Haldol to help you sleep or to make the shadow people go away.

To be clear for our viewers at home:

Tizanidine is the one like clonidine, and also marketed as a muscle relaxant. It's a central-acting alpha2 agonist, and the actual "downer" here. It will counteract the amphs to an extent, mainly some of the actual speedy stuff.

It wouldn't counteract the "rush" that lucky people get, since that's a whole different mechanism from the fast-pulse, sweaty, tooth grinding part that true artists enjoy.

I would NOT take it during your session, cause the speeding part is how most people know how much they've had and then you run into one drug wearing off sooner. If you took too much amphs, having the clonidine wear off first could throw you into adrenergic overload. That's the part that would kill you.

It's the same reason they warn, or used to warn, people about with beta blockers--unopposed alpha activation making your cardio systems explode.

And it could be why after a few days you found you couldn't "come down". For me, after 48 hours on meth, all I have to do to come down is close my eyes. That's why I don't even blink when I cross 96 hours. Or do I and it's just too fast for non-tweaker eyes?

So how long does tinazidine take to wear off? How long after taking it would I be able to use amps without it blocking the effects? I really overdid it the second day because I couldn't feel the speed while I was taking tinazidine, don't want to find myself in that situation again, it was kind of scary. Especially knowing that if the tinazidine wore off I could have stroked out.

I'd say around 8-12 hours to be sure, although I personally need a pretty hefty dose of tizanidine to feel much effect from it (cf. clonidine, doxazosin or even beta-blockers, which do a pretty good job for me even at low doses).

I'd say around 8-12 hours to be sure, although I personally need a pretty hefty dose of tizanidine to feel much effect from it (cf. clonidine, doxazosin or even beta-blockers, which do a pretty good job for me even at low doses).

I take 6mgs 3-5 times a day for muscle spasms, not sure if that's a hefty dose or not. When I was on my adderall binge the other day I was taking 10-12 mgs at a time about 5 times a day because my muscles were spasming like crazy and getting stiff and my hand would get stuck sort of like in a claw, so I upped the dose to try and counteract that.

The dose was obviously hefty enough for you to blunt the effect of the amps.

You do realise that you're not likely to be relieved of any muscle spasms while using speed right? It's going to make them worse, as I think you're finding out. All taking the tizanidine is going to do is blunt much of what you want from the speed - you're not likely to find a way to overcome this conundrum I'm afraid.

The dose was obviously hefty enough for you to blunt the effect of the amps.

You do realise that you're not likely to be relieved of any muscle spasms while using speed right? It's going to make them worse, as I think you're finding out. All taking the tizanidine is going to do is blunt much of what you want from the speed - you're not likely to find a way to overcome this conundrum I'm afraid.

No I did not realize that. I'm a typical drug addict- I believe there's a chemical that fixes everything!

Haha. Ok, fair enough :)

The speed is amplifying adrenergic effects in your body to make you feel good; tizanidine is blocking adrenergic effects to reduce spasms.

So how long does tinazidine take to wear off? How long after taking it would I be able to use amps without it blocking the effects? I really overdid it the second day because I couldn't feel the speed while I was taking tinazidine, don't want to find myself in that situation again, it was kind of scary. Especially knowing that if the tinazidine wore off I could have stroked out.

Dr. Internet tells me, with dubious precision, the half-life of tizanidine is 2.54 hours.

You can multiply half-life by five to get an idea how long it takes to clear a drug from your body. (Keeping in mind that's only the drug and not metabolites, but this one doesn't have active metabolites.) It doesn't look like it builds up or anything.

Of course, the way I use most drugs, I overdo it on the second day anyway.

The stims high gets more elusive on day two all by itself.

My experience was not friendly at all I had ?coke bugs? on me / in me. And started at my arms with tweezers as they would pop up on my skin I?d snag them. Well some I would miss and dig at my skin to get at. I dug so deep I hit my vein. It?s very real psychosis be careful people.

What a helpful and somewhat hilarious at times thread.

Been rocking the L-theadine/Melotonin pretty hard. How the hell do you go for two days and actually get high again, Im basically wasting amphetamine after a couple of redoses.

True, that is the plight of us tweakers. But there are many seedy back alleys of these drugs waiting for you to be chased into by shadow people, it's not just whatever "euphoria" is. A suburb of Chicago, maybe.

Those alleys are full of bugs and teeth and shiny things, layered with complicated schemes and plots your neighbors and coworkers devised to trick you, and the only way to foil them is to build a contraption with scrap metal, PVC tubes, garbage bags and lots and lots of bicycle parts. So much to explore!

Until someone tells you its already Friday, and you last peed on Monday.

You forgot the black electrical tape and tin foil scrof, the most powerful weapons in the tweaker arsenal.

hey, best way I swear by is having a maximum of 5 shots of something like vodka (have 2 to start), then eat a DECENT small meal (don't eat crap!), a couple more shots, shower (warm only) and bed to do DEEP BREATHING (breathe in for 8, slowly out for 8, I swear it works!) LOVE my benzo's but don't keep them in the house cos I eat them for brekkie, lunch and dinner. Don't smoke weed unless you don't care about pupils...weed will keep your pupils dilated for MUCH longer! I'm a veteran at this as I work in an aquatic centre that doesn't have strong lighting for me to stare at, and I teach kids. This advice is the most "natural" way to do it....OH! AND DON'T FREAK OUT ! calm calm and you'll be AOK!

I take 50mg of seroquel if I'm at risk of losing a night of sleep, I have to force myself to take it though. I'm assuming you've never taken seroquel, in which case sleep deprivation is probably easier to deal with at work than seroquel hangover if you don't have a bit of tolerance/are used to it (you'll probably sleep through the alarm in fact.)

Seroquel, 50mg
You need little because it directly lessens the effect of amphe, then you naturally crash

The lesson? Loose arguments and win: A new friend, an enemy that now underestimates you, an understanding of their motivations and main points of argument (for later crushing and destroying every belief they ever held dear, if you so desired), a way into their lives if needed, to teach you more, the ability to make suggestions, offer guiding in ways they think it was all their idea. But even all that is mostly necessary, just the simple things you learn and dont miss every day are enough.

Basically, you have just admitted that doing meth has made you into a sociopath. While I agree that sometimes it is better to have people underestimate oneself, I disagree with your reasons why. Yes, perceptive people can indeed discover people?s weaknesses and insecurities, and exploit them for their own personal gain. However, a few people who do meth (and i mean FEW), allow others to underestimate them in order to sniff out the sketchy sociopaths like yourself. Encouraging others to use something in order for them to exploit people?s weaknesses? To me, that is pure evil. I?m not judging, I?m just saying that praying upon those insecure people is immoral and unethical. That is, to me, the ultimate worst thing about meth: The total loss of some peoples internal moral compass (or revelation of the fact that they never had one to begin with).