• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

A Kavalactone Works as a Cannabinoid

I'm not calling cannabis neccesarily always placebo, it can certainly be very strong, but people wouldn't associate placebos with cannabis if it wasn't on most occasions, placebo-like. Then again cannabis as you have said has very variable effects.

I think maybe you're not smoking high grade cannabis. Pick something up out of a medical dispensary and tell me you get effects indistinguishable from placebo.

I think maybe you're not smoking high grade cannabis. Pick something up out of a medical dispensary and tell me you get effects indistinguishable from placebo.

Once again, not saying that cannabis is always placebo like, but proposing that it certainly can be, and this explains the phenomenon of people associating placebos with cannabis.

Cannabis comes in many different shapes (and sizes). It most certainly has potential to be placebo like because of this. On the other hand it has the potential to be very intense.

As you said, medical grade cannabis is way different from street grade weed.

Once again, not saying that cannabis is always placebo like, but proposing that it certainly can be, and this explains the phenomenon of people associating placebos with cannabis.

Cannabis comes in many different shapes (and sizes). It most certainly has potential to be placebo like because of this. On the other hand it has the potential to be very intense.

As you said, medical grade cannabis is way different from street grade weed.

I guess I just don't buy into the "if you can mistake it for placebo it must not be strong" theory. There's the classic example of Shulgin knocking himself out with a glass of sugar water he though had morphine in it - that doesn't say anything about the strength of morphine.

I guess I just don't buy into the "if you can mistake it for placebo it must not be strong" theory. There's the classic example of Shulgin knocking himself out with a glass of sugar water he though had morphine in it - that doesn't say anything about the strength of morphine.

This seems like an extreme. People aren't falling into deep psychedelic trances thinking that catnip is a cannabinoid. The placebo effect can be very strong with certain effects (eg. sedation) but no one has taken inactive, fake acid and tripped as they normally would unless they perhaps had psychological disorders, and if they are expecting visuals, HPPD.

If full effects of a drug could be acheived simply through placebo, most the weed on the streets would be more or less inactive (if it isn't already).

Although I no longer pursue such a chemical, I'd like to point out that the structures of a novel mu-opioid drug and a novel potent psychedelic drug aren't to far off if we examine the structures of say, morphine, and LSD.

Last edited: